• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey there. So, apparently it would be ideal to create a discussion thread for this series. So, the anime recently finished with the ending of the fourth event (around Chapters 127 or 128 of the light novel or something). Of course as of now, only Maple has defined stats in terms of how VBW handles things, 9-A just from taking on giant monsters and 8-A from destroying a mountain with a single arm cannon from Machine God. I recalled several points of interest in the series. As isekais are about as powerscaling-dependent as Dragon Ball Z (as noted in the case of Cautious Hero), I had to figure out how to lay things out. From what I gathered, this was what I got.

1. Maple, Mai, and Yui all have AGI stats of 0, rendering them unable to gain speed boosts and swim. Their speed, at least on a travel speed level, is Normal Human, as Mai and Yui were displayed as being unable to catch up to running cows during the third event.

2. Misery's force fields allowed Mii to take a hit from a full-force Machine God, and Payne was able to deal significant-enough damage to Maple to activate Stout Guardian's effect. Bear in mind that Payne is essentially an ace-in-the-hole just like Maple. That aside, that should give Misery's force fields a durability of at least Multi-City Block level (though Misery isn't anywhere near that level since she and Markus got one-shotted by the blast at the same time) and Payne's AP should be at least 8-A. Stout Guardian's ability is exactly like Endure from Pokemon, but apparently something like that isn't listed on the wiki as Mamoswine's profile has nothing related to Endure in its "Powers and Abilities" listing.

3. Maple's Atrocity and the Super Speed skill both give 50 AGI. Thing is Sally, Kasumi, and Dread, all who use Super Speed, have higher agility stats than Maple (only Maple, Mai, and Yui were verified to maximize a single stat and leave all the other stats at 0), so Maple doesn't scale from those three when Super Speed is used.

4. Perhaps the most important scaling points are the guardian bosses for each level. The Ent isn't scalable as Maple's Atrocity made easy work out of it (come to think of it, Atrocity one-shotted the rest of the aces from Order of the Holy Sword). Anyway, the deer boss (named "Forest Guardian" on Wikipedia, but I'm not sure if that's official) serves as a scaling point for everyone who has made it into Level 2, especially Sally who soloed the boss. Its AP has been calc-requested.

5. Silverwing is the only monster whose power is accurately scaled. It one-shotted Kuromu (Chrome) and his party and was the first enemy to significantly damage Maple. Maple didn't have Fortress at the time. At the time, the admins considered the boss to be impossible to defeat. Its AP has been calc-requested.

Not sure what else is usable at the time. All we know is BOFURI is understudied (unlike Cautious Hero), albeit less so than Do You Love Your Mom and her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks.

Finally. Thanks for making the thread

Im currently gathering stuff to make a CRT that will give Maple some upgrades and adjustments

Im also working on Sally's and Chrome/Kurome's profile

I need to ask one question: how different are the light novel and web novel? Because I don't want these profile to become composites if they're different enough.

I disagree with the Maple's weakness of "hating to feel pain". Seeing as that's only really in the title of the show, and very early on she says she doesn't want to take damage. However, we see very early on that her first instinct is always to put herself in harm's way to protect others no matter how powerful the attack regardless of the danger to herself.

She took an attack from Silverwing that basically disintigrated her armor & shield which would have obviously had to hurt, and jumped right back in front of its repeat attack. So, I'd say that any worries about feeling pain were prior to ever really being put in danger. If anything, once she had felt pain and was put in danger, she was even more adamant about always being there to protect. Hell, she even got two of her arms temporarily cut off in the Atrocity form and it didn't even phase her.

Sometimes she has no choice but to bear with the pain, especially in boss fights

Im not even sure if she feels pain in Atrocity form, since it doesnt seem to be her real body, but rather a puppet

That's just assuming a whole bunch on your part. She willingly puts herself in harm's way time & time again, and doesn't complain. In fact, she happily talks about ways between fights of how she will better be able to protect everyone. She may have gone into the game wanting to not take damage, but she very early on embraced her role of protector. To say she hates to feel pain is to put far to much stock into the very first episode and just the plain title of the show, and ignore her growth as a character.

Someone who hates taking damage doesn't embrace the tank role as much as she did. She could have easily passed the role on to Kuromu in the guild with all of her attack options, but he is still clearly secondary to her. It's pretty obvious she isn't afraid to take damage. I mean, she bought the move [counter], where you actually have to get hit to use it and the more powerful the hit the more powerful the hit back is.

Yes, she willingly puts herself in fights, because she takes almost no damage from enemies (with the exception of a few people) and she knows about that. Granted, thats mostly because the weakness of feeling pain got lost since she became a walking fortress that receives no damage, but she is also prepared for situations where she will get hurt

And it doesnt seem a weakness that you can exactly exploit, so I'll just remove it I guess

I don't really see it even as a weakness. Payne used an ultra powerful combo move that knocked her all the way down to her Stout Guardian that protected through her defense, and she got right back up and kept on fighting. That had to be the most powerful move in the anime outside of what Maple has done in Machine God form, and I guess technically Maple's counter of that move was twice as powerful lol. Stout Guardian got it's money's worth for both of them in that fight.

True, I believe Maple could get a "up to 8-A with Counter", since she was able to accumulate all the damage Payne did to her and release it two times more powerful, which is 8-A

Hmm, technically she could go higher with her Stout Guardian protecting her. Counter is probably technically her highest potential attack for now. Though, Machine God has higher potential than 8-A since it gets infinitely more powerful with each use. Machine God's power level scales with the rarity of the armor its used with. It also destroys whatever armor the user is wearing. However, Maple's armor is self-repairing and gets more powerful each time it repairs. So, every time she uses it, it actually gets more powerful.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
True, I believe Maple could get a "up to 8-A with Counter", since she was able to accumulate all the damage Payne did to her and release it two times more powerful, which is 8-A
I mean technically the move itself is Damage Transferal from what I've seen.

It doesnt seem like Damage Transferal tbh, since she is not inducing the damage she receives to anyone. She only takes the damage and accumulates it, releasing at the end of the proccess as if it was her own attack, but amplified

Btw, what do you guys think of this scaling chain?

AP wise: Mai and Yui>>>>>>>>>Kasumi>>>Chrome>>>Sally>>>Kanade >= Iz >>>Maple

She only takes the damage and accumulates it
That's pretty much Bide from Pokemon, and that move basically works like Counter/Mirror Coat but with extra steps.

Flashlight237 said:
She only takes the damage and accumulates it
That's pretty much Bide from Pokemon, and that move basically works like Counter/Mirror Coat but with extra steps.
Oh yeah. A mix of Bide and Counter and Mirror Coat.

Besides, I find some feats that may tune or even change the current tiers and level of the levels. Will finish this once my Godzilla review is over.

• Anime episode 3 - Deer boss vs Sally and Maple - this deer boss is the first boss which can effectively incapacitate an early stage Maple and every character needs to defeat it to get into World Level 2 - including fodders. This is something that should look very useful.
  • Anime episode 7 - Mai and Yui cracked a table - Somehow their head withstood their impact despite having theoretically 1 base VIT.
  • Anime episode 10 - Mai and Yui cracked 3 stone slabs each - Somehow shows their "improved strength".
  • Anime episode 11 - Maple created a bigger crater on defeating Mii and Mii used self destruct. Should scale to Payne, Maple and arguably Mii's Flame Prison (Wonder if multipliers apply)
Wonder if Payne and Drag has durability negation too as their casual attacks can somehow pierce through the defense of Maple (activating Loving Sacrifice) and Drag defeated Syrup which is inside the area of defense shield.

Wonder how durable her summons and pets (hydras, devourers and Syrup) are. Also wonder if post-Machine God Maple just have regular 8-A attack potency even with Atrocity. (Atrocity Maple > Payne > Machine God Maple at Ep 12 (?))

Emergent finding:

After briefly looking at the Deer Boss' selfdestruct and Silverwing's hyper beam...

By eyeballing feats alone they may be at least MCB, possibly small town.

But then there is one thing: they are playing an online game.

Late game bosses are (supposed to be) stronger than early game bosses, but their sizes vary a lot and it is not uncommon to have late stage bosses much smaller in size than early stage bosses. Like the Japanese saying goes, a large size only makes one a target easier to hit.

And their explosions after defeat, due to the nature of covering their whole body before being Thanos-decimated, varies to their own size rather than their own firepower stated in game or in fiction as a whole. May have some interesting supporting on other aspects however.

I may also try to look at new aspects in properly tiering this verse. This will likely get done after I finished reviewing some Godzilla feats.

As a very safe estimation:

Real fodders (those unnamed soldiers) should at least scale to soloing game bears and boars which should resemble real life ones.

Early stage Sally and Maple (and anyone comparable to either of them) should scale to soloing game bosses similar to real life blue whales (the anime ep 2 boss).

Jasonsith said:
  • Anime episode 7 - Mai and Yui cracked a table - Somehow their head withstood their impact despite having theoretically 1 base VIT.
0, actually; they pulled a Maple but focused all 100 points on STR instead of VIT. This should scale to Sally since she also has 0 VIT.

@Jason

You are saying they should be 9-B+ in earlier keys?

@Flashlight

They should probably be 10-C in dura, Scaling to Sally doesnt seem the best choice since she is unknown (due to never being damaged). Either that, or Sally becomes 10-C in dura and we scale Mai and Yui to her

They should probably be 10-C in dura, Scaling to Sally doesnt seem the best choice since she is unknown (due to never being damaged). Either that, or Sally becomes 10-C in dura and we scale Mai and Yui to her
Sally did explicitly state that she put 0 points into vitality. I mean... Well, let me put it in a way that makes it all easier for us.

There are seven stats in NewWorld Online: HP, MP, STR, VIT, AGI, DEX, and INT. You start off with 100 stat points, which you can assign to any stat you please.

We all know that Maple assigned all 100 stat points to VIT, turning her into a tank at the price of being lousy at everything else. Mai and Yui, on the other hand, put all 100 stat points into STR, which makes them glass cannons. Given this, both Maple and the twins make effective scaling points for what happens if you have 0 in any stat. Pretty much this is how the scaling would work.:

0 HP: Maple, Mai and Yui (unknown)

0 MP: Maple, Mai and Yui (unknown)

0 STR: Maple (apparently enough to amputate one of Silverwing's legs)

0 VIT: Mai and Yui (not even close to being frail enough to be 10-C; but this makes the Hydra impossible to take on on Mai and Yui's end. Should withstand the impact of pulling a Beerus on a table)

0 AGI: Maple, Mai and Yui (slower than cows, unable to swim)

0 DEX: Maple, Mai and Yui (unknown)

0 INT: Maple, Mai and Yui (unknown, probably unable to harm stuff with magic that doesn't have associated status effects)

You can see how consistent the 0s are between Maple and the twins. Given the consistency, Sally should scale to Mai and Yui in terms of durability, although definitely NOT at 10-C since the lowest thing a fodder would scale to would be an in-game boar (which would be well into 9-C when compared to real Central European boars). Like, why would we consider Sally, Mai and Yui to be comparable to the likes of Togame just for having 0 VIT?

Flashlight237 said:
You can see how consistent the 0s are between Maple and the twins. Given the consistency, Sally should scale to Mai and Yui in terms of durability, although definitely NOT at 10-C since the lowest thing a fodder would scale to would be an in-game boar (which would be well into 9-C when compared to real Central European boars). Like, why would we consider Sally, Mai and Yui to be comparable to the likes of Togame just for having 0 VIT?
Because they die with literally any attack

Also, why scale 0 vitality to boars/9-C?

Something to add:

1. Maple amputate one of Silverwing's claws twice with bizarre bites. Not her strength. Still enough to kill a rabbit, a bee and some slimes without the hydra or any other summons.

2. HP and MP points seems to be assigned with separate points and cannot mix in use with other stat points. (WTH even is DEX and INT use here?)

Maple doesn't start with 0 HP and 0 MP. IIRC she has 40 HP and 24 MP. Sally has 39 HP and 25 MP. Needs to double check.

Sally does start off with 0 vitality at Ep 2. But she explicitly said she want to reserve her stat points for assisting with her skills depending on what skills she is expected to get. So... maybe, just maybe, she is not leaving 0 vitality in later game.

3. The weakest thing in that game is a rabbit which can be killed by Maple (0 strength points) physically with an unintended shield press, or a "big" bee (the size of a medium sized dog) that can be killed with a knife stab. (Which should be 10-C if scaled to small birds and animals of their sizes)

4. 0 agility means also Maple cannot keep up with a jogging Sally. So baseline normal human or even high end below average human travel speed.

Same for the twins.

5. The twins can surprisingly Beerus a table despite their 0 vitality. So weird. Maybe 10-B durability. Since we can bang our head on a table and survive. (We cannot crumble one dining table however)

Feel free to discuss.

Jasonsith said:
(WTH even is DEX and INT use here?)
I have no idea about DEX (I don't think that stat is even touched on once), but INT is technically the thing that allows Sally to damage foes with magic.

I dunno, it's been ages since I've watched the anime in my terms.

I think Newton's third law doesnt work in NWO, at least when you have cases like Mai and Yui. Their arms doesnt broke even when they attack with massive strength, despite having crap dura. Its likely the same case with the table

Their attacks will break anything, but their body wont suffer a drawback, only if they are attacked by opponents or something else

Also, Maple's turtle is likely 9-A via blasting off through Mii's attack

Well the 9-A key is being challenged in some way. I'll back it up or debunk it later. Or anyone else to do it instead.

So the specific scaling chain and methodology is finally raised as a skeleton and we can start building something up.

My new findings:

Picture

Bofuri anime maple sally base stats
Stats Maple Sally
HP 40 32
MP 12 25
Strength 0 10
Vitality 100 0
Agility 0 55
Dexterity 0 25
Intelligence 0 10
Total stat point 152 157
Looks like Sally has used up all stat points in building her character at level 1. She is just simply still planning to leave room for changing minds on how future stat points are to be used.

(We also know that Maple, given how she weighs defense over anything else, still resorts to leave 12 stat points at MP. So there is a limit on how much points one has to leave at one attribute.)

So it seems like not all characters start with equal stats.

The fish looks much greater than a great white shark.

Personally I would say the charging KE of the fish stretched to ~0.016 ton TNT (exact details to be posted later). (By a giant model scaling from a Blue Whale) At least we now have Sally (BOFURI) AP at this level. Her durability is unknown YET.

Fun fact: Apparently in the Light Novel, Chrome has died more than 1000 times within NewWorld Online, having been able to access the Tomb of the Dead dungeon. In the anime, he only got into the same dungeon for dying 4 times despite himself saying he was known for dying a lot of times.

I think Newton's third law doesnt work in NWO.
Newton's third law doesn't apply to fiction in general, so what's your point?

Jasonsith said:
Fun fact: Apparently in the Light Novel, Chrome has died more than 1000 times within NewWorld Online, having been able to access the Tomb of the Dead dungeon. In the anime, he only got into the same dungeon for dying 4 times despite himself saying he was known for dying a lot of times.
I think the Anime was more logical in that respect than the Light Novel (although 10 would've been more balanced) given a great shielder like Kuromu would be expected to have a good amount of VIT, not to mention that game is only a month old, making 1000 deaths infeasible even when deliberately done. Even then, I'm pretty sure most gamers won't deliberately kill themselves unless they're experimenting or making "ways to die" compilations for Youtube.

Flashlight237 said:
Jason said that it was weird that they didnt receive damage even while putting a beerus on a table. And Im saying, that they will never receive damage from their own attacks no matter what

Flashlight237 said:
Jason said that it was weird that they didnt receive damage even while putting a beerus on a table. And Im saying, that they will never receive damage from their own attacks no matter what
Add: Unless some attack reflection is intended, like someone used Counter or Mirror Coat on their attacks, reflecting their attacks on themselves.

And Newton's third law actually selectively applies to fiction as long as they are spelt or implied to do so.

(Quite a lot of character profiles here scale their AP to durability and vice versa.)

E.g. Mai & Yui's attack cannot be scaled to their own durability, but can break traps set by Markus and even somehow hit Drag.

Wait. In anime ep 10, Mai & Yui actually tanked one strike from Dred without dying on spot. And Dred also tanked attacks from Mai & Yui. Dred tho shortly defeated both. (Ah Dred defeated Mai & Yui each with 2 strikes. Dunno how hard or casual his stabs are.)

Question: Should Mai and Yui be contained as 2 character profiles or one?

... Ah. Items increase stats so weak base durability can be circumvented by that. Maple received a small STR boost with her dagger.

Dred doesnt scale to the twins strikes btw, he basically got one shotted (1 HP remaining after he received the attack), and it was just a shockwave. If he had received a direct attack, he would be dead

Back