• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue Flames VS. Amateratsu

The Blue flames are consider to burn even things that are usually unburnable, such as Amateratsu which "eats" other flames as well. But in this case, Amateratsu is a lot slower. Blue flames can incenarate entire barracks in just a few seconds, while Amateratsu gives you time turn it off, is slower than Sasuke (vs itachi version), and Madara could give an entire speach, before it could eat his armor without problems.

Putting feats aside, lets go with tier equalized.

Can the Blue Flames eat Amateratsu, before Amateratsu eats the Blue Flames?

it depends on the story from where the blue flames come from,

blue flames in Satan 666 are not like that, they are simply considered a super-high class of flames who burn incredible strong,

blue flames from Code: Breaker can burn all materials to atoms (atomizing them),

but imo neither of the two is "more powerful" than amaterasu,

which blue flames of which storys do you mean?

ah, ok, but the blue flames dont have any extraordinary effect, the only special power is that they even burn on stuff that usually dont burn like hueco mundo sand, that doesnt mean it can burn flames,

i would say that this flames are similar to normal flames, it depends on the user, people who are powerful with this flames will have a hihger output and attack with their flames faster than amaterasu can destroy it,

but "hax"-wise amaterasu should be above them...

I thought so ...but what it says, it burns things that cannot be burn, and other flames fall under that category as well. Since they normally can't be burn, and considering amateratsu is slow, well...

^but the only shown feat to that statement was the sand right?

so even if both have a similar special effect, one has better feats and is therefore "stronger", if the blue flames showed to burn more stuff than fire (like energy or so) than blue flames would be above amaterasu who has a shown limit to be unable of burning chakra (= energy) ^_^

All the links above are feats, but yeah amateratsu has more feats than those, and I do agree. However, amateratsu is so slow compare to them, that is my question could they potentially eat them? Are blue flames consider chakra with verse equalization, since they are produce in reishi form?

^it seems like amaterasu cant eat "pure chakra" but chakra that recieved nature transformation is affected,

but in any case, if the attacked fire is growing to fast than amaterasu wont be able to destroy them anyway, the problem is that against stuff like fire amaterasu will vanish the moment it burned its part of the flames away, this is why itachi was so exhausted after using amaterasu, he needed to do it as long as the flames kept coming, so if sasuke would be able to keep his attack going for more time he could overhelm itachi despite using normal flames...

Interesting, The blue flames are made of Reishi, which comes from nature or can be found in it. If the battle hypothetically take place in SS or HM the amount of Reishi would be limitless while the amateratsu user would only depend on their own chakra, unless he knows senjutsu.

i dont think that the blue flames could be sued infinitely, otherwsie every quincy in SS would be invincible since their powerlvl would be enhanced far beyond every shinigami,

mostlikely there is a limit to how much power a quincy can use despite the limitless energy in their surroundings,

it should simply come down to the users in question :)

yeah, makes sense, i guess it is similar to how Magis (from the manga Magi) have a limit in output despite using the limitless energy around them :)

But saitamas abilitys work different, the best example i can come up with is Magi, anyway, is your question answered?

Back