• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloons (Tower Defense) Profiles

Also I wonder if the bomb tower stuff can get a decent result as the higher tier upgrades has it fire nuclear shells seemingly.

I don't think simply being called "nuclear" would give it a much higher result if the explosions aren't shown to be much bigger.

Speaking of size, how reliable is the size of everything for scaling? If we can't scale things to each other (like in Starcraft), what are the best feats for calcs?

You could scale things to themselves. Like you could scale the bomb tower's bomb to the tower or the mortar's shell to the mortar monkey. The main reason I bring this up is that the aircraft carrier uses Monkey Aces as attack units, but their in-game model is much smaller than the actual monkey ace. Despite being the same type of plane.

I don't think simply being called "nuclear" would give it a much higher result if the explosions aren't shown to be much bigger.

I think it would make the explosions easier to calc or something

what are the best feats for calcs?

Probably the Super Monkey being able to vaporize lead, explosion size scaling, or calcing the fire pits.

Theortically you could also get KE AP for some of the darts I think. Like the Super Monkey is noted as throwing darts at hypersonic speed iirc.

Bump. Unless we're waiting on some calcs/the blog to be done, then my bad.

You guys probably won't get much from calcing the destruction of bloons, so I'd suggest setting a lowball based on real life things first (Like where irl monkeys rank)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played this game in a while, but didn't the freeze monkey have absolute zero feats?

WeeklyBattles said:
The lead is actually shown to be quite a bit thicker than the normal bloons
Yeah. BMC even notes it as "heavy bloon armor" and they're immune to the basic tornado ability to my memory.

Lead bloons probably have 9-B dura because they are able to tank stuff like spiked ball thrown from a catapult

Wouldn't some of the other late game towers scale to super monkey? It's not that far ahead of a few other upgrades.

Wokistan said:
Wouldn't some of the other late game towers scale to super monkey? It's not that far ahead of a few other upgrades.
Super monkey's final forms are the absolute strongest towers, so i don't think any other tower would scale

I don't think anything would scale to the Temple, Sun God, Anti-Bloon, Legend of the Night, or the Vengeful Sun God. The other stuff I dunno. Maybe?

Also one of the heroes has a gun that can reach 1,121 ┬░C.

I could try doing some calcs, but am busy right now. I'm going to start with Mortar because he's the easiest target for calculations.

But firstly we should define the basic feats, on top of who the later calculations will be based on.

I guess I'll attempt to calc the bomb tower's bomb

Now this will involve some scaling which may not be acceptable, so feel free to dismiss it

Now the issue is to find out what a IRL shell of this shape would be like and go from there. But I don't know how to find that, so to make this easier (although less legit I guess) here's game theory talking about a similar thing and they give a diameter of 25.4 cm and stated that they were filled with 2.3 kg of black powder

• 25.4 cm diameter = 12.7 radius = volume of 8580.25 cm^3
  • 19.6 cm diameter = 9.8 radius = volume of 3942.46 cm^3
  • 3942.46 / 8580.25 = 0.459 or 45.9% smaller than a IRL bomb
  • 0.459 * 2.3 = 1.0568 kg of black powder
According to various sites 1 kg of black powder when burned produces 3 Megajoules of energy. Which would make each bomb Wall level or Wall level+

As for Super Monkey there's a few ways to calc his darts

Assuming a dart board dart that gives a mass of 18-40 grams

• Lowest KE = .5 * .018 * 1715^2 = 26,471.025 joules or Wall level
  • Highest KE = .5 * .04 * 1715^2 = 58,824.5 joules or Wall level
Now as like, an unrealistic high end and assuming his darts weigh the same as a Roman Plumbata or something

• KE = .5 * .4 * 1715^2 = 588,245 joules or Wall level

Stepping in real quickly. There's a feat for their durability might being worth bringing up. There is a nuke Power up which al monkeys survive. And they are able to bring down the blue and i think red blimps as well. Like completely.

Doesn't the nuke power up just not damage the friendly monkeys? That's not a durability feat, it's just that it doesn't damage allies.

Agnaa said:
Doesn't the nuke power up just not damage the friendly monkeys? That's not a durability feat, it's just that it doesn't damage allies.
It's unfair to assume they couldn't. We see the explosion. They are all in the explosion. It says nothing about the monkeys being immune or having any protection towards it. It's just a power up that lets you drop a nuke. Which all monkeys can survive. Saying it doesn't hurt friendly monkeys is baseless assumption. Nothing implies or says that.

Because most things you launch don't affect the monkeys. Mortar towers can't hurt friendly monkeys, bomb towers' explosions don't affect monkeys, tack towers with the ability to fire those razors everywhere don't affect monkeys.

This is just a common thing in games for your things to not hurt yourself.

Agnaa said:
Because most things you launch don't affect the monkeys. Mortar towers can't hurt friendly monkeys, bomb towers' explosions don't affect monkeys, tack towers with the ability to fire those razors everywhere don't affect monkeys.

This is just a common thing in games for your things to not hurt yourself.
And again. Nothing implies their immune. And it's really unfair to assume agains it. They literally are shooting bombs and dropping nukes. If I pulled out a bomb in a game shot at the ground and was caught in my own blast and survive. Then it's a durability feat

If anything. All of that just supports they can survive those explosions if they are shown to be uneffected

I kinda agree, its pretty much just game mechanics that you dont kill all of your units

Though it would still scale to AP

WeeklyBattles said:
I kinda agree, its pretty much just game mechanics that you dont kill all of your units

Though it would still scale to AP
They have been effected by other towers before. The Sungod being upgraded to the temple will wipe away any nearby towers. Showing there is an effect by other towers. Which I think would back up them having to be able to survive the Nukes. It's both an in game weapon (not like a game mechanic weapon some games have), and it effects the entire screen, and the monkeys can survive it. And have been shown that they can be effected by another tower like with Subgod temple. Seems fair to give them surviving it.

Back