• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Disaster Of The Bloons Tower Defense Pages

These pages are something man, they really are. Gonna go right into it.

Bloon AP and Monkey Dura
This is the biggest and most immediate problem: Why do the bloons have AP? Why do they have AP scaling them to towers which logically should only apply to their durability? At no point do they ever show off any AP in game or even attack anyone. Half the AP is also based on "is x times stronger than y balloon", which is not even something that can be confirmed apart from the bloons having weaker bloons inside them. I genuinely see no reason for there to be any AP within the bloon pages (or for them to exist, but one step at a time). I've heard that they can attack in the spin off games, so adding that to the page might be something.

Inversely, why do the monkeys have durability that scales to their AP? There isn't even a given reason on their page, which would be nice. Half of them aren't even physically attacking, they're using magic or technology, so it doesn't work as scaling off of their own attacks.
Multiverse Level VTSG
The vengeful true sun god being listed as multiverse level based off of an extremely vague statement from a joke the developers made seems wrong to me. The full statement is as follows
"
What would happen to the Bloons Universe if the Vengeful Sun God got every buff in the game permanently? (Including buffs it normally couldn’t get like multiple hero buffs and primary expertise)
The Blooniverse would then have more stories to tell, full of chaos and power unchecked, a cosmic rebalancing that can mean the end of all current existence and the birth of forces that inevitably fill the such voids."

Not only does this not point to 2-A on its own, the page that this comes from is also filled with jokes and gags, as are most of the Q&As, usually with stuff like this
"I got quite curious: is Benjamin a 4th wall breaking character? With how he "hacks in" cash and lives, i can imagine that he's fully aware that something/someone is controlling them.
He's not being controlled, he is the controller. It's not you playing Bloons TD 6, Benjamin is playing you."

But the biggest point here is that it's a key for something that doesn't exist in the game and explicitly cannot exist (as it mentions buffs it cannot receive in the game), rendering it moot entirely and pointless on the page. Why have a key for something that is explicitly impossible? The page also does this for other keys, the base of a "2/2/2" Super Monkey also does not exist in game.

Hero Scaling

Why do most of the heroes involve scaling based off of "soloing" specific bloons? That shouldn't be a requirement if they can damage them just the same, which on its own brings in problems.
The calc for Obyn's Wall Of Trees doesn't seem to be accepted, which makes it strange that it's on the page.

Round Scaling
Many of the later towers scaling are based on being able to survive up to certain rounds. Not only are several of the later rounds randomly generated, but there seems to be no reason that they're scaled to them at all, as nothing new happens in them apart from the gameplay mechanic of increased MOAB HP. It seems rather pointless.

Stats Of All The Monkeys
Two things here
Speed
The Dart Monkey is listed as throwing hypersonic darts and the KE of it making it 9-C, but there is no statement for this on the page or the calc (which is just a forum thread). This seems to apply to several pages and all of them seem to stem from the name of a single upgrade (sonic boom for the boomerang) in earlier games, which I don't feel I have to say is a bit of a stretch to scale everyone to. Having every character have a base speed of transonic for allegedly being comparable to a Boomerang Monkey. This is one of two speed statements in these games, with the other being a statement from the game that the Super Monkey throws darts at hypersonic speeds. This is far more solid, but scaling most of every late game tower to it again seems excessive, especially because a few of those are based on eyeballing how fast the projectiles are (IE Perma Change, Adora, Sentry Champion, Pink Bloons "avoiding" super monkey projectiles even though they can't do that in newer games, etc).
Pixel Scaling For Calcs
In a series that is as stylized and as cartoonish as BTD, using precise pixel scaling seems like the wrong way to go about things. The country level calculation works off of this, as it uses the sprites of the game with heights from Bloons Monkey City as comparisons for actual size. This would make more sense if it wasn't a sideline game with a rather different artstyle to the main series that also changes the scale of everything else. It is in essence using a spinoff to scale for the main series, which seems very strange. Not to mention, BMC also has extreme scale issues that make using it iffy (unless we can believe that a village hut is the same size as a skyscraper). There is an actual temple in BTD6, I'm not sure why this was used. BMC is simply too different from the main series to use as a base.

This isn't even scratching the surface, but I want to get this out.

Yeah, I was memeing on these pages before, they're weird and omegawanked.
Unless I'm mistaken, the best scalable feats are likely melting the leadbloons or ceramics. Everything else are group efforts that take an absurd amount of effort.

I guess Supermonkey can melt a lot of leadbloons at once, but idk if that would scale overall, idk. Could be decently high into tier 8.

i agree with the revisions overall, though there's some points i'd like to point out

There's moab class bloons that have shown to attack the monkeys (Vortex and Blastapopoulus), so there's reason to assume boss bloons scale AP wise to the monkeys

the boomerang thing is sketch, but we do have other sources of roughly similar speed: The monkey pirate's cannons, the dartling gunner and the missile path of the bomb shooter

Yeah, I was memeing on these pages before, they're weird and omegawanked.
Unless I'm mistaken, the best scalable feats are likely melting the leadbloons or ceramics. Everything else are group efforts that take an absurd amount of effort.
probably more around tier 7 for the strongest towers considering the plane, the submarine and mortar's nuke abilities

Vortex stuns monkeys, it doesn't attack them or anything. The missile path I get, and I assume you mean the hydra rocket pods for dartling gunner, but what about the cannons is transonic?

The official description is

"Vortex moves like lighting and speeds other Bloons along!
When each health bar skull is reached, Vortex shields himself and sends out a shockwave that stun nearby Towers before retreating up the track." So it’s ambiguous

There's moab class bloons that have shown to attack the monkeys (Vortex and Blastapopoulus), so there's reason to assume boss bloons scale AP wise to the monkeys
The issue with that: the boss bloons' attacks affect all monkeys equally, from what I can see, so if you wanna scale off of those, you'd have to give all monkeys more-or-less equal durability (Paragons are somewhat resistant to Vortex's stun). As for whether or not there's AP to them, well... I dunno, frankly.

In any case, I agree with everything pointed out in the OP.

Because the explosiion isnt that big? It's clearly just the shockwaves affecting the rest of the map with equal damage being balancing.

So, this was something that was getting worked on a while ago. Unfortunately, I'd just never gotten to finishing it.

Notes for the downgrade are over here

Anyways. Bloons have AP because it's repeatedly stated in the Q&As that they do attack monkeys if they get in the way, which is what happened to Quincy when he got slammed into by a DDT. The earlier Bloons' Attack Potency comes from them (for the most part) dealing the same amount of damage to the player as they have HP. But, again, RBE scaling was something that was getting reworked anyways.

Similarly, monkeys have durability that scales to their AP because they train by attacking each other and have been shown to tank their own weapons. More footage of this has been provided in recent time, so when I have the time to continue that other thread, that'll be something I fix.

2-A Vengeful Monkey came from two different statements, but I get why it should be removed, even if I think it's fine to keep.

The 2/2/2 Base tiers for the monkeys come in that there's nothing actually stopping them from having all three upgrades besides the arbitrary rules of what they can and cannot do when facing Bloons.

Monkeys scaling to which Bloons they solo was decided as facing off against MOABs is a far different chore than facing Bloons. Holes can be popped in the MOAB but in the long run if the monkey can't take it down because they're only capable of popping a Green Bloon otherwise seems like an unfair assessment since they're not actually dealing notable damage to the MOAB.

Obyn's tree calc was one of the things being removed in the other thread.

The certain monkeys that ARE scaled to soloing entire rounds are marked as doing so because it shows that they're capable of easily defeating individual BADs which is currently the highest ranking Bloon in terms of actual scaling. Bloons that scale to Round 150 should be corrected since that's in the middle of a randomized patch, but Round 200 is a pre-determined round.

Dart Monkeys are listed as throwing at Transonic Speeds. You're thinking of Super Monkey. And, again, there are very few towers aside from Super Monkey that have Hypersonic speed listed on their page.

BMC's temple size isn't too different from other instances of it outside of gameplay, so I see no issue with keeping its BMC rating.

Anyways. Bloons have AP because it's repeatedly stated in the Q&As that they do attack monkeys if they get in the way, which is what happened to Quincy when he got slammed into by a DDT. The earlier Bloons' Attack Potency comes from them (for the most part) dealing the same amount of damage to the player as they have HP. But, again, RBE scaling was something that was getting reworked anyways.

Similarly, monkeys have durability that scales to their AP because they train by attacking each other and have been shown to tank their own weapons. More footage of this has been provided in recent time, so when I have the time to continue that other thread, that'll be something I fix.
Gonna need some proof for those claims

The 2/2/2 Base tiers for the monkeys come in that there's nothing actually stopping them from having all three upgrades besides the arbitrary rules of what they can and cannot do when facing Bloons.

You can't call 2/2/2 being impossible arbitrary without solid evidence

because do mind you, if you think the 2/2/2 split as arbitrary so is the 5/5/5, which is just nonsense

The certain monkeys that ARE scaled to soloing entire rounds are marked as doing so because it shows that they're capable of easily defeating individual BADs which is currently the highest ranking Bloon in terms of actual scaling. Bloons that scale to Round 150 should be corrected since that's in the middle of a randomized patch, but Round 200 is a pre-determined round.
Why not just scale the blloons to soloing a/multiple moab class bloons then ?

Gonna need some proof for those claims
Proof'll be added to the profiles when I have the time to conclude the downgrade revisions over on the other thread.

Regardless, both Bomb Shooters and Mortars shoot monkeys from them. Similar to Striker Jones launching himself from his rocket launcher, Churchill getting blasted out of his tank, and Benjamin's chair launching him into the horizon

Monkeys also exist inside Tack Shooters, even when the center of the turret is molten

Also got Boomerang Monkeys hitting themselves with their own boomerangs, Dart Monkeys training by throwing rubber-tipped darts at each other, Benjammin' throwing music discs at other Heroes, and Gwen shocking herself with her own tech and being unfazed by her flamethrower self-destructing in her face

As for the claims of Bloons being able to damage monkeys, the statement about Monkeys getting hit by Bloons

You can't call 2/2/2 being impossible arbitrary without solid evidence

because do mind you, if you think the 2/2/2 split as arbitrary so is the 5/5/5, which is just nonsense
Difference is 5/5/5 is canonically impossible as only one of each Tier 5 exists (although Vengeful True Sun God is the exception because he's quite literally a god). 4/4/4 is technically possible given the existence of the Wizard Lord, but it's clearly VERY difficult to accomplish as there's only one person in existence that we know of.

Lost the scan for the Tier 5 thing, but it is in one of the Q&As

Why not just scale the blloons to soloing a/multiple moab class bloons then ?
Because MOAB Class Bloons are exponentially stronger

The strongest standard non-MOAB Bloon has 10 HP. The weakest MOAB has 200. So that's not going to happen

Even then, the MOAB currently upscales FROM the non-MOAB Bloons, and soon the other MOAB-Class Bloons will be too (at least the low-end will for the ZOMG and BAD since their high end still scales to Sun Avatar and Sun Temple).

Strongly agree with the OP, I brought up a lot of these concerns at least half a year ago. It's a shame that they're still there.

Something I didn't see OP bring up was many of the Bloons having straight up Multipliers. Which is wack for a variety of reasons (we don't accept gameplay numbers like that as applicable for multipliers, even under far better circumstances when we know they relate to strength/durability; RBE doesn't even correspond to durability/AP since even the weakest tower can damage even the strongest bloon; it's an abstraction of health).

ok

As for the claims of Bloons being able to damage monkeys, the statement about Monkeys getting hit by Bloons
This is not exactly proof of bloosn damaging monkeys, besides that sound way more like a joke reply than anything concrete

Difference is 5/5/5 is canonically impossible as only one of each Tier 5 exists (although Vengeful True Sun God is the exception because he's quite literally a god). 4/4/4 is technically possible given the existence of the Wizard Lord, but it's clearly VERY difficult to accomplish as there's only one person in existence that we know of.
factually false, as shown by the fact you can have two level 5 crossbows with monkey knowledge

also Wizard lord is not a 4/4/4, he' s a 4/3/3 and besides he doesn't get the lower abilities of the path he hasn't chosen so not even that

Because MOAB Class Bloons are exponentially stronger

The strongest standard non-MOAB Bloon has 10 HP. The weakest MOAB has 200. So that's not going to happen

Even then, the MOAB currently upscales FROM the non-MOAB Bloons, and soon the other MOAB-Class Bloons will be too (at least the low-end will for the ZOMG and BAD since their high end still scales to Sun Avatar and Sun Temple).
sorry, meant just scaling high-end towers to MOAB-class

also, you'll get better results by scaling moabs to abilities than upscaling from normal bloons

Last edited:
Strongly agree with the OP, I brought up a lot of these concerns at least half a year ago. It's a shame that they're still there.

Something I didn't see OP bring up was many of the Bloons having straight up Multipliers. Which is wack for a variety of reasons (we don't accept gameplay numbers like that as applicable for multipliers, even under far better circumstances when we know they relate to strength/durability; RBE doesn't even correspond to durability/AP since even the weakest tower can damage even the strongest bloon; it's an abstraction of health).
I did bring it up in the first part, just didn’t say multipliers. Either way it’s not something that can be used. In theory a 0-0-0 dart monkey can solo a bad given enough time and all.

factually false, as shown by the fact you can have two level 5 crossbows with monkey knowledge
The 2nd Crossbow Master is obtained through advanced training that grants monkeys new abilities they don't normally have access to. But again, that's through intense magical studies and are not the norm.

also Wizard lord is not a 4/4/4, he' s a 4/3/3 and besides he doesn't get the lower abilities of the path he hasn't chosen so not even that
My point still stands.

sorry, meant just scaling high-end towers to MOAB-class
High-end towers do scale to MOAB-class bloons. Unless they're unusually weak

The 2nd Crossbow Master is obtained through advanced training that grants monkeys new abilities they don't normally have access to. But again, that's through intense magical studies and are not the norm.
Multiplayer is a thing so you have have up to 4 of each level 5 and it's canon since you need all of them to get level 100 paragons

My point still stands.
literally no

the only example you could bring up doesn't even automatically have the level 1-2 upgrades

High-end towers do scale to MOAB-class bloons. Unless they're unusually weak
k

Multiplayer is a thing so you have have up to 4 of each level 5 and it's canon since you need all of them to get level 100 paragons

Not anymore! The new hero lets you hit degree 100 in single player.

Multiplayer is bringing different universes together, so that doesn't count for "Multiple Tier 5s existing". Plus as Agnaa said, it's no longer required.

I feel as if a few of these changes can be implemented. Removal of the multipliers at the least

Iirc RBE is a canon measurement for bloons

That’s mostly where the multipliers come from anyways. I think the multipliers are ok to keep, but the scaling 100% needs revised

As others have said, HP is something in need of revision. HP is very similar to RBE as it measures how many hits needed to take it down (assuming the attack deals 1 damage), though it’s non-canon, we could use that in scaling if it’s used correctly. We would need to revise the Dart Monkey calc for this to be used anyways, with an actual blog. Same with various other calcs, like the Ring of Fire, which needs its BTD6 counterpart for scaling (not a png of a tower smh)

Then we can use the multipliers from there.

I’ll explain my points better later on once people come on this thread. Another thing, someone should actually analyze the Obyn calc instead of just saying it’s wrong because no one analyzed it. That’s some poor logic right there

The other things mentioned might need to be repeated so we can go over what already went on in the thread

Back