• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloodborne Minor Speed Addition

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Seems this was glossed over in the big revision, thought it wouldnt be a big deal but apparently its caused enough issues to warrant a thread. Basically this is just to give the Hunter a general movement/running speed of Superhuman due to being able to outrun the numerous dog enemies in the game, such as the Rabid Dog, Hunting Dog, and Keeper Dogs.

In addition, the Hunter's firearms attack speed would be Subsonic+ to Supersonic due to them being flintlock ammuniton and cannonballs

This would apply to basically everything in the game other than the Great Ones who have their own speed stuff.

Last edited:
The Hunter's current speed ratings come from dodging meteors. There's no reason to scale to such unimportant feats when they aren't contradictory to the higher feats, we do this for no verses as far as I'm aware.

Therefore, I disagree. The Hunter has a combat speed listed, and that is traditionally their "movement" speed inside of combat.

The Hunter's current speed ratings come from dodging meteors. There's no reason to scale to such unimportant feats when they aren't contradictory to the higher feats, we do this for no verses as far as I'm aware.

Therefore, I disagree. The Hunter has a combat speed listed, and that is traditionally their "movement" speed inside of combat.

Combat Speed​

The speed at which a character can fight.

Reaction Speed​

Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

For example, let's say that character A shoots at character B with a gun and character B dodges. That is reaction speed. Keep in mind, sometimes a person aim dodges and it is not as good of a feat.

As another example, let's say that character A uses a minigun on character B, but the minigun takes a second or two to charge up and Character B sees this. If Character B dodges it is considered aim dodging since he/she knew that the attack was going to happen.

Reaction speed is reacting to an attack that you don't know is going to happen, or at a very close range. The reaction speed of a character also tends to be higher than their movement speed.

Travel Speed​

The speed at which a character or object can move by running, or through similar means that do not involve flight or teleportation.

Combat speed is the speed at which they fight and move in short bursts in close combat, Travel speed is the speed the move while running long distances

The speed page treats them as different, and the Hunter is not able to outright outrun the meteors, not even the Blackskye Eye, hell the Hunter cant even outrun bullets. Dodge them yes but not outrun them. Ergo his movement speed is lower than his combat and reaction speed

I'm aware of the speed page, yeah. In this instance we have a character who can successfully dodge meteors, I don't see the point in calling them Superhuman for moving a bit faster than dogs. We have better feats. Rare is the circumstance where we must distinguish between Combat Speed and Movement Speed, and even if this were one of them, we could... simply calc them moving next to the Flourescent Flower's meteor.

Because dodging is not the same as running long distances, which is what is being argued here. And most verses do make this distinction. If you have a useable clip of that i'd gladly calc it.

I don't, no. I imagine it would be harder to grab than a dodge. Though, now that I'm looking at it, is his dodge through the Flourescent Flower's meteor calculated? At the moment the calc doesn't seem to have anything like that, and he's just scaled 1:1. Which is wrong for obvious reasons. I'm not even really sure where High Hypersonic comes from, given our standards for the meteors used in Bloodborne would be 11 km/s (barely Hypersonic+).

I don't, no. I imagine it would be harder to grab than a dodge.
Hence why it would be easier to just use the dogs to scale, he cant outrun bullets or meteors but the dogs he can outrun
Though, now that I'm looking at it, is his dodge through the Flourescent Flower's meteor calculated? At the moment the calc doesn't seem to have anything like that, and he's just scaled 1:1. Which is wrong for obvious reasons. I'm not even really sure where High Hypersonic comes from, given our standards for the meteors used in Bloodborne would be 11 km/s (barely Hypersonic+).
Not at the moment no, it was kinda just agreed that he scales to the full speed due to being able to dodge it point-blank, though you are correct that he should be knocked down to Hypersonic+

It's not about outrunning them. It's about properly scaling the guy.

That's pretty bad. If you're calcing the feat, while you're at it, you ought to do the dodge.

Most people didnt play the game with the intent to scale the Hunter's running speed compared to meteors in the game so there arent exactly any clips of them doing that, and i dont have a means to record it myself in any quality that would be useable. NGL with all the datamining that was done for this game its really surprising that the movement and projectile speed values arent available somewhere.

Using a value we recognize as faulty would be considerably worse than just using the same standards other profiles use, one feels.

Using a value we recognize as faulty would be considerably worse than just using the same standards other profiles use, one feels.
Tell that to all the profiles scaled to subsonic for uncalced bullet dodging feats : T

I can try to find clips for the other meteor feats if you'd like, theyre all effectively the same speed to it should apply across the board but literally this is the closest clip i could find for dodging the flower's meteors on youtube

Back