• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blood of Zeus(Netflix original) Discussion Thread

Considering I'm the guy you asked to do the calcs, I'm just gonna clarify a few things.
  1. Hermes in the scene was moving relatively slowly ironically. Seems like it was only subsonic unless we have a higher height for that mountain. Assuming its the bare minimum of the mountain that'd give him a speed of subsonic for jumping up to it.
  2. The angle of him parting the clouds is weird but I could try my best to find out how far they'd move given how the towns people reacting to it disappearing
  3. The calc for shaking an island was apparently incorrect because its using a formula for an earth-like shape, though using something akin to an earthquake calc should be fine but it'll be far lower than high 7-c

Considering I'm the guy you asked to do the calcs, I'm just gonna clarify a few things.
  1. Hermes in the scene was moving relatively slowly ironically. Seems like it was only subsonic unless we have a higher height for that mountain. Assuming its the bare minimum of the mountain that'd give him a speed of subsonic for jumping up to it.
  2. The angle of him parting the clouds is weird but I could try my best to find out how far they'd move given how the towns people reacting to it disappearing
  3. The calc for shaking an island was apparently incorrect because its using a formula for an earth-like shape, though using something akin to an earthquake calc should be fine but it'll be far lower than high 7-c
Really? I would think he would be faster with all the air(or pressure or whatever) he was dragging behind. I was kinda talking about him moving fast enough to part clouds.

Ok

You mean like it was using the size of the earth itself? I’ll take what I can get. Put I’d kinda expect the shaking feat to be higher then 7-c since there seems to be some mountains on the island(I could be wrong on this part)

Really? I would think he would be faster with all the air(or pressure or whatever) he was dragging behind. I was kinda talking about him moving fast enough to part clouds.

Ok

You mean like it was using the size of the earth itself? I’ll take what I can get. Put I’d kinda expect the shaking feat to be higher then 7-c since there seems to be some mountains on the island(I could be wrong on this part)
Honestly, I was more paying attention to him jumping up the mountain, though I'm sure him parting the clouds should give a good feat if I can figure out the size of the clouds and how long it takes him to travel

Nah, just the calc is designed for things similar to the earth. Also the calc is likely going to be lower than you think considering I'd have to use a lowball for the force of the shaking given we don't see anyone really react to it on the edges of the island

Honestly, I was more paying attention to him jumping up the mountain, though I'm sure him parting the clouds should give a good feat if I can figure out the size of the clouds and how long it takes him to travel

Nah, just the calc is designed for things similar to the earth. Also the calc is likely going to be lower than you think considering I'd have to use a lowball for the force of the shaking given we don't see anyone really react to it on the edges of the island
Ok

Ok, but wouldn’t the WoG be enough to also count the edges of the island?

No yeah it would but the thing is, for the calc to work, typically it uses the reactions of people feeling it from a certain distance. All we know is it shook the whole island but we don't have anyone reacting to it or see how violent it is at the edges so we have to use a lowball.

No yeah it would but the thing is, for the calc to work, typically it uses the reactions of people feeling it from a certain distance. All we know is it shook the whole island but we don't have anyone reacting to it or see how violent it is at the edges so we have to use a lowball.
Oooh ok, well the closes I can think of something reacting to it is the birds flying away immediately

Btw mattering how ares and Hermes feat will do you think the scene where he destroys and does big explosion in ocean and this one 3:37 will be good enough to calc?

Hopefully these is one because if not the feat's gonna stay 8-B

Also subsonic Hermes is pretty sad but I haven't calced him moving across the sky. Moving the clouds can't really be calced given we don't see how far they move or how large they even are but him moving in general could be calced

Also zeus apparently shock all of mt Olympus when he was throwing those bolts of lightning to save heron

8179391-4eeb5b69-125c-412a-b97d-e00254a3cb04.jpeg

this is how big Olympus is

I'll try and calc Zeus shaking Olympus later as I have to do something else right now. Although did calc Hermes flying and got subsonic+. So that's something
Huh, I kinda thought it would be higher. I’m not much of a physic’s guy but from what I understand from speed and force and stuff you generally need to be moving at pretty high speeds to be able to affect your surroundings. I could be wrong though

Is it just me or does Olympus' height change randomly in the last episode and specifically only during the battle. The other times we see it above the clouds but right during the final battle its suddenly just a normal mountain

Back