• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Downgrade: Meteor Calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not sure as Flash Step is used to travel to a certain distance faster isn't it? I don't remember much about Flash Step, but I am pretty sure they used the speed technique to reduce the distance at a certain pace I think.

Damage3245 said:
@AppleLord; Yoruichi doesn't really say who she is based the '10 day walking statement' on. It could be based on an ordinary citizen's walking speed / rate, and not any of the superhuman individuals in the room with her.

• If you're not a superhuman with reiatsu you're not allowed into Seireitei.
  • Normal souls in Seireitei don't eat, rest or have energy a.k.a. reiatsu.
She is clearly talking on her own experience. She used to race run across seireitei with Byakuya who she was always teasing as a kid.

@Hammer Shunpo is basically "travel faster than eyes" (with lowball)

@Fix Woki agree with Imade method, not sure for Faust since he didn't agree with both yet.

@AppleLord; if she is talking from her own experience, maybe she is talking about her perspective as a cat and therefore cat walking speed should be used for the calc.

@Damage

I do remember her being able to transform into a cat, but I not sure if that will apply to her statement per se. Although granted it will be conjecture since she did never say she used Shunpo in that statement I think nor am I aware of her has use Shunpo as a kid. Never really know that the details of when Shunpo is learned though tbh. Could be when they are young, but meh who knows really since I do recall they have schooling in Soul Society or at least I think it is.

@Causality: my bad. I read Woki's building analogy and was reminded of/mixed up with Fausts. Yes, Woki seems to favour statement while Faust favours pixel.

Dragon said majority wins is okay with him, but he also said he personally favoured Apple's in the previous thread IIRC.

I don't know. We'll prob have Soldier be the final verdict. Its just silly all this drama over pixel VS statement when Apple intentionally used Silbern as not to trigger Seretei issues.

Plus the difference is minor by Bleach standards. The only change will be whether or not Yama & Royd are top tier anymore.

Damage3245 said:
@AppleLord; if she is talking from her own experience, maybe she is talking about her perspective as a cat and therefore cat walking speed should be used for the calc.
Yoruichi goes to Soul Society in disguise as a cat so the gate won't restraint her like it did Urahara, so that means is the first time she has done that technique and probably learned it in the human world. The only two times we saw her in flashbacks running across Seiretei was with teen byakuya and urahara and both times she was in her human form. She was also the former leader of the stealth force making that knowledge credible.

I don't have the Bleach Official Character Book Souls, but on page 96 thanks to online translations it speaks off how normals souls in the rukongai don't have spiritual power, and how they don't need to eat, or rest. I did found the manga scan for it.

HammerStrikes219 said:
0081-005.png
@Apple That scan says "Those guys over there don't know how to use their spiritual power." though
Because is something that can be learned. Rukia and Renji were both born in the streets of Rukongai and learned how to use spiritual power.

If you use spiritual power you drain stamina and need food made of reishi to replinish the spiritual power, that's why Rukia recovered her Shinigami powers after gathering reishi. Same thing when Ichigo got his powers back, he absorbed the energy from the blade made for him.

Is well known that everyone posses the ability to unlock spiritual power, even Tatsuki unlocked enough power to survive not getting her soul suck by Yammy.

Hmmm okay @Apple

@Imade Out of curosity, when you post the scans on where the statement, you did make a mistake in this one:

• Yoruichi states it takes 40 days to walk around Seireitei.
The scan show Yoruichi say 10 days not 40 days though as I not sure where the 40 days came from. The rest of the scans I will check to see if there hasn't been any misleading info on it or not.

The Causality said:
BlackeJan said:
I looked at the IMade calc but im not understanding....Yoruichi said 10 days so where in the world does he get 40 days?
From what i understood, 10 Day = walk to another portal, the distance beteen two portal is 1/4 of the total circumference of the seireitei, so for an entire travel to 4 portal, it's 10*4 so 40 day for walk the whole circumference of the seireitei
@Hammer this has already been answered^

HammerStrikes219 said:
@Imade Out of curosity, when you post the scans on where the statement, you did make a mistake in this one:
There's 4 Gates surronding the city. They're near one of them. In order to get to the next gate it would take 10 days of walking. So its 4 x 10 Days or 40 Days of walking to circle the city.

HammerStrikes219 said:
?? Yoruichi say a 10 day walk though and has no mentions of portals being used in this case though.
Chad ask the time to walk to another portal, yoruichi said 10 day, there is 4 portal in all the cardinal point in the seireitei (which is circular), so for travel to the 4 portal, it's 10* the number of portal so 40 days, it's simple

HammerStrikes219 said:
@Qaw

That is odd though. Why are we using the gates as a way to measure distance though?
Because the gates are on the circumference of Seireitei.

The logic goes; if you measure the distance between each gate, you'll have found the circumference of the entire area.

Honestly I don't know as the gates never did have official mentions of them being the same distance from one to another though. In additonal to that, how the circumference was determined in this case?

On how the circumference of Seireitei was determined in this case aside from the 10 days walk statement by Yoruichi though will affect this situation greatly.

I've mentioned it several times before, but I will just say I'm wholeheartedly in favour of using the statements. And I'm really not sure why this has taken so long...

Everyone in this thread mostly agreed that we should use the statements instead, so I propose that we go with Yoruichi's 10 day statement but without any low-ball rest time involved. We already established above that it's safe to say that the characters don't need rest or food.

Points to also consider:

• It took days for the crew to reach Rukia after they already infiltrated the Seireitei and knew her location. (Regarding the size)
  • The crew had another training section that required them to put their spiritual power inside a ball to create a shield to safely infiltrate the Seireitei. This training tired Ichigo's crew and they replenished themselves with food and rest before leaving for Seireitei. (They had a lot of energy of those 10 days)
I'll agree with using statements, but only if you stay consistant with the story.

This is the best you can get.

HammerStrikes219 said:
Honestly I don't know as the gates never did have official mentions of them being the same distance from one to another though.
Yes, there is one portal for each cardinal point

Mainly the opposition does have some points to be considerd and I myself is neutral as it is confusing to say the least on where exactly this will turn out.

The Causality said:
HammerStrikes219 said:
Honestly I don't know as the gates never did have official mentions of them being the same distance from one to another though.
Yes, there is one portal for each cardinal point
??? Not portal, those are gates though and in additonal to that, we using a visual map of the Seireitei it seems.

@HammerStrikes219; 'portal' and 'gate' are synonymous. It doesn't mean a literal portal through space.

IMade should probably add Apple's suggestion for a high end with no rest time involved seeing as people like Ishida (7-C+) were training for a week straight in his much weaker previous form (8-C).

HammerStrikes219 said:
The Causality wrote Yes, there is one portal for each cardinal point
??? Not portal, those are gates though and in additonal to that, we using a visual map of the Seireitei it seems.
It's my fault but portal = gate (i just call them portal, yoruichi and chad said gate), it's a map that give infos about their location.

Not everyone here speaks english as their primary language so there is no need to be hyperliteral about their words when the message they are trying to convey is clear, especially when words may have identical meanings in a different language despite being slightly different in english.

HammerStrikes219 said:
Okay so are there any statements relating to the circumference of the Seireitei out of curiosity? Like official ones anyway.
An official statement that sais exactly how many km the circumference of Seireitei is? I don't think there exist one, but IIRC there's a statement in one of the movies (which Kubo was credited as a producer) where we are given a radius (I think) of 200 ri, or around 800 km if I'm not wrong, which is oddly close to what the results would be for a 24h * 5 km/h * 40 day calculation.

@HammerStrikes219 Probably, tho someone could maybe make an argument that something like that would be too specific to add without Kubo's consent. Just my $0.02 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back