• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion 11

We got a shit load of info regarding the original sin.

"During that age, all of creation was in a state of ambiguity. There was neither life nor death; progression and regression flickered to and fro. Swaying and swaying slowly; this waning and waxing world waited for a hundred million years to cool down. Eventually, Hollows became a part of the circulation of souls."

Ichibe is hundreds of millions of years old?

"But before long, Hollows began devouring humans. And so, the circulation ceased. All those souls came together to form a gigantic Hollow, a Menos. The world became completely still. But you know, it's a strange thing. A new life came into being. As if the world itself naturally rejected it, he destroyed it and turned it into sands of reishi; thus, circulation began once again."

So Hueco Mundo's sand was from a planet sized Menos?

Using his powers of the Almighty as the 'keystone', the five of them created the foundation of a new world. Soul Society, the Material World and Hueco Mundo. Life and death were separated. The Soul Cycle ushered in a new era.

The Almighty has the power to create and merge worlds.

"Well; I suppose that still wasn't enough. The ancestors; including Tsunayashiro; gouged out his heart and internal organs; and dismembered both his legs. Doing so, they destroyed his power; creating a king convenient for themselves."

That's ****** up.

"But when the descendant, Ichigo appeared, possessing all the qualities that made him fit to replace the Rei-o, I really thought that history was repeating itself. Perhaps the world needs someone like him."

Again with Ichigo being able to become SK.

Damn, that's some lore dump, but good lore dump.

So, the SK is basically confirmed to be planet lvl, no?

I can't understand well cuz my english is quite bad..does that means that soul king one shotted planet sized menos

Or sk was that menos?

Before people jump to CRTs, Soldier Blue and I intended to wait for the novel to finish before moving forward with the CRT on this topic.

I had already started a write-up collecting info from the beginning of CFYOW and the main manga. I'd still like to wait and also talk to a few staff members about the matter given how large of a discussion it will be.

Is Hueco Mundo even a planet? For some reason I always imagined it like some flat world or something like that.

It's hard to say if Hueco Mundo is a planet, what we know is that it's a reflection of the real world and Soul Society.

And yeah, there should be a profile for the Soul King once we're done.

Will the Soul King have two keys on his profile? Soul King is 3-A with Nigh-Omniscients and Nigh-Omnipotents?

One of the new recruits involuntarily whispered; but he hurriedly closed his mouth for fear of having said something profane. But the monk nodded and told him not to worry.

"That's right. Others; with special powers, including myself; appeared, but it is fair to say that the Rei-o stood out; his powers very close to omnipotence and omniscience."

The monk paused, recalling the former Rei-o who had already disappeared from this throne.

I don't think the Soul King should be 3-A. As Ichibei was detailing, the Bleach universe was already in existence before the Soul King was ever introduced.

With the Soul King it then made the three other worlds and moved them to where they are now, different dimensions.

Acausality also, if I am not mistaken is informed in the novel, I just do not remember the quote, maybe I may be wrong too.

Didn't Ichibei said "Shinigami" began to appear "like himself" after the worlds were created by the Soul King?

"During that age, all of creation was in a state of ambiguity. There was neither life nor death; progression and regression flickered to and fro. Swaying and swaying slowly; this waning and waxing world waited for a hundred million years to cool down. Eventually, Hollows became a part of the circulation of souls."

The monk spoke in a matter-of-fact tone; quietly reminiscing about the world that existed before the birth of Hueco Mundo and the World of the Living.

"But before long, Hollows began devouring humans. And so, the circulation ceased. All those souls came together to form a gigantic Hollow, a Menos. The world became completely still. But you know, it's a strange thing. A new life came into being. As if the world itself naturally rejected it, he destroyed it and turned it into sands of reishi; thus, circulation began once again."

"That was the Rei-o of the first era...?"

One of the new recruits involuntarily whispered; but he hurriedly closed his mouth for fear of having said something profane. But the monk nodded and told him not to worry.

The universe was created >>> Hollows were created >>> and the universe rejected the Soul King into existence? Am I the only one confuse about all of this? God created Soul King, so Soul King is Jesus and Yhwach is his son? I am confused.

he is referring to the hollow that the King has killed. Could you remove the doubt from my previous question please.

More like the universe was already a thing into existence and the Soul King is basically "God" itself. They describe him as the closest being to omnipotence with how great it's power is.

The Soul King with his Almighty split the original world into three: Soul Society, the World of the Living and Hueco Mundo. The existence of Hell, a pit as first called, was also made.

So I think we should discuss things a couple things:

The World of the Living
Essentially it is irl Earth. Does it also include the sun and our solar system? I lean towards no, it could have already existed.

Soul Society
Basically the Shinigami's world. It has it's own sun and moon even as we've seen. Does the Soul King making the Shinigami world include those as well? I lean towards most likely yes.

Muke
The Muken exist in Soul Society and is stated infinite in size, but I don't think it's truly infinite honestly. It could have been hyperbolic language as well.

Hueco Mundo
Basically the Hollow's world. It has it's own moon and no sun as it's in perpetual night. Does the Soul King making Hueco Mundo include the moon as well? I lean towards yes.

Dangai
The Precipice World, a dimension of a different time and space.The Dangai connects Soul Society to the World of the Living. Seeing as it directly connects the two worlds the Soul King made, it didn't exist before the Soul King since the worlds didn't exist. I'd say the Soul King made the Dangai as well.

Garganta
A "pathway" of a different space that connects Hueco Mundo to the other worlds including the Dangai, a torrent of Reishi. Like the Dangai, this dimension connects a world that the Soul King made to other worlds the Soul King. It would not have existed before the Soul King, thus he must have made it as well.

Hell
Explicitly stated in the latest novel update that Hell existed before the Soul King, so Hell is not on the table.

Valley of Screams
Can't be done by the Soul King since their existence was through the masses of souls rejected from the cycle of reincarnation which came to be after the Soul King came about. So they're a byproduct of the Soul King's creation, but not by his own power.

Opinions?

I agree for the most part, although i'm not sure about the dangai considering it hasn't been mentioned (yet) it may have been something created after everything. I'm happy they're finally explaining things to us.

This is very confusing, I'd rather wait for the next translation. I do not think it's even an interpretation problem, maybe the translation was rushed or something like that because it really is weird...

What do mean a translation problem or rushed? The translator isn't on a schedule, they translate on their own time? Nothing was weird since it was just all literally explained.

Chou Soran said:
This is very confusing, I'd rather wait for the next translation. I do not think it's even an interpretation problem, maybe the translation was rushed or something like that because it really is weird...
what were you confused about?

This...this is interesting.

Can't wait for the novel to be finished and for the shitstorm of a CRT that going to happen - hopefully, it will actually be applied and not just join limbo with the rest.

We have around 2 - 3 months till the novel and transilations finish..i hope solider blue comes back so we finish the rest

Chou Soran said:
The guy translating the light novels only posts a few chapters which takes him about 3-4 weeks to translate. That's how long it takes to wait for the next chapters.

Back