• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something something how does Blazblue beat the power null?

Okay, which one of the dozen does Blazblue resist, while the rest work?

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Explain the passives again? Because Master Unit should utterly sleep on Kunshinda's Lynchpin, which is 2-A powernull iirc.
Planeswalker can null Mind Manip directly from Emrakul and that's just one of the many different methods.

Power Null can come in many shapes and forms. Planeswalker has a lot of them.

Just a little heads up, I may end up getting the BB god tiers to be just Low 1-C, though it depends on how fast I finish the other extended canon stuff, but for now what does Planeswalker have?

While his Equipment section is really odd (in regards to if he starts with Enchantments as equipment - I believe so, and the match was made with such intentions), it's going to be a lot of power nullification with various different effects. These can rival Emrakul, and range from... off the top of my head, The Planeswalker can disrupt, redirect, drain the mana, completely erase, negate the targetting, prevent the casting of, absorb, or undo any spell he so desires, all as different methods of power null, some of which outright circumvent methods such as uncounterable spells.

That's the biggest thing, if he can get past that.

Oh, no, he has quite a few, but I want to get the wall of different power null methods out of the way. Power null can manifest in many ways, and resisting one =/= resisting all of them. I'd be quite curious if they could pull it off.

Considering BlazBlue characters resist power null on steroids, yeah I think they can resist. Especially when it's in a high end Low 1-C level.

Theglassman12 said:
Considering BlazBlue characters resist power null on steroids, yeah I think they can resist. Especially when it's in a high end Low 1-C level.
What kind of null do they resist, specifically?

(Also, are they resisting on a Low 1-C level in a 2-A form? I didn't know they were all completely going to Low 1-C soon, though if that's true, it probably doesn't work as a match.)

The hax has been upgraded for some of the characters which scales to Amaterasu. Long story short This girl can nullify the forces of the Boundary, which is where the Low 1-C stuff comes from, and Kushinada's Lynchpin, which is essentially Celica's power on steroids is unable to affect anyone. Amaterasu was able to power null the Phenomena Intervention of one of the god tiers that are immune to the effects of the Lynchpin by literally existing. So yeah pretty high end.

As for those power null.

> redirect: Tsukuyomi Unit would just redirect it back.

> drain: she resists Absorption

> erase: she resists EE

> negate the targeting: I assume that's Probability or mindhax, either of them she resists.

> preventing the casting of: sounds like either paralysis or probability hax, both are resisted.

> undo the spell: most likely resist. Sounds the same as normal power null.

She resists it, does her spells?

(Could be Inconclusive if they end up just redirecting spells back at each other endlessly.)

You know, I suppose it may be easier to say what each character notably doesn't resist? The Planeswalker mostly uses counterspell spam (Split Second causality probably gets resisted, given her resistances are pretty high) and Hexproof + Protection to resist things rather than having innate resistance.

> she resists it, does her spells?

That doesn't make any sense. If her spells doesn't resist power null then she doesn't resist the power null. .

Master unit is capable of using PI to affect characters that are naturally resistant to it. And it has a pretty big scaling chain there so she can just use PI to stop Planeswalker or nuke everything to nonexistence or a bunch of other stuff.

I see a lot of people who only resist, say, some enchantment preventing them from casting spells. (And given the resistances you mentioned were EE, absorption, etc, I was curious as to what the feats were of).

...Apologies, I may just be tired, but I don't actually recall what PI stands for.

Ahh, I see. Anyways, are the fears of resistances for their body, or their attacks? My BB knowledge is limited, but power null takes many shapes and forms.

Is BB 6-D or 5-D in Low 1-C, by the way? If it's 5-D, this may just end up into a redirection battle of nulls, as I assume BB resists anything that could actually kill them, but Emrakul is also decently high in (I'll have to refresh my knowledge).

I still don't understand how power nulling the body is different from power nulling their power, can you elaborate on that part please?

And it's 5-D, but with the upgrades it's pretty high end 5-D

Power Nullification can take several different forms and several methods - but more importantly, these methods can vary when applied to the body. If a character could absorb people, we wouldn't assume they could absorb fireballs, and if they could absorb fireballs, we wouldn't assume they could absorb people, not without further context. Same with resistances.

That's how I see it, anyways.

That's just one example. Another would be stripping the opponent of their powers, vs destabilizing/neutralizing/dispelling their abilities after they are cast. Say, a Counterspell vs an Anti-Magic Field, by D&D terms. They're reasonably different, and doing/resisting one wouldn't stretch into the other without context, yea?

That still sounds like the exact same kind of ability to me. That whole thing is still just power nullification. I don't know where the hell this "it's specific to certain moments" makes it completely different. It's still the same power at base value. If you resist it it won't work on you. If you don't resist it or your powers are nullified that completely goes against the point of resisting power nullification in the first place.

(I believe you asked this on discord, and I gave a response there)

Isn't System XX stronger? Also, all of that hax will have to get past the Tsukuyomi Unit before getting to the Master Unit. Then the train of Type 8 Immortality it has.

Similarly, Emrakul's Mindslaver mindhax can be reflected/have it's target changed.

In regards to offensive hax, while a bit less impressive in potency, the sheer amount of different hax means there only has to be one gap in the wall of resistance.

...naturally, actually finding it will be very difficult.

The only thing I can find that Unit doesn't resist is... Transmutation..?

I'm generally assuming all these resistances are strong enough to work.

She should resist transmutation. That's something literally every character in the series has.

Also his highest feat for attack reflection is reflecting mindhax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back