• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as anyone were to note, I have in the past made several Blazblue match-ups which often end up as stomps for Blazblue due to all sorts of wacky and wonderful haxes like soul hax, and mind hax. I even now look at opponent's profiles to see if they might be able to resist Blazblue!!

Of course in honor of all of the stomp matches that were made let's actually see if there are actually characters outside of Blazblue who have Blazblue-verse resistance. I mean I though Undertale would have a chance but, Ragna mind-haxes Chara!

Just to lay out some rules, only characters outside of Blazblue allowed, and not going above 2-A in terms of AP.

DnD has given BlazBlue quite a bit of trouble. Galactus seemed like an interesting fight but he's getting upgraded to High 1-B (though 2-A Thanos also seems like an interesting fight). Warhammer I think also put up decent fights. No one has tried out Shin Megami Tensei's 2-A's, though. I think Digimon can also put up a fight.

Tony di bugalu said:
Pretty sure SMT is way above their paygrade, that's why nobody has made those matches.
But I can be and a****le and throw Ranga vs Dante just for the sake of old times :v
Hehehe.

Can anyone in the Fate series resist? I read that characters like Saber can resist magic, does the Azure Grimoire count under than category?

The azure is powered by Seithr, which itself is different to "fantasy" magic as in it is literally an element itself. Also its kinda NLF to assume she can just resist any magic in fiction, since magic is often changed to fit the setting

Wrong, that is Bullshit CRAZY, get the song right, smfh, and you call yourself an arc system works fan. I'm disappointed in you HERO.

That translation is a lie, it's clearly crazy cause making a GG game look this good is insane. OwO

You could say it's lit which equates to blazing

Also pretty sure this is just the lyrics and not a translation since the song is inherently in English but sure

Okay, okay...

Just now I've been looking at Arcueid Brunestud's profiles based on her abilities and powers, and she's (at least resistance-wise) interesting to say the least. I'll quote them below:

" Resistance to Magic (Can casually shrug off virtually any form of modern magecraft and easily pried through Sion's Bounded Fields), Conceptual Weapons (She has developed a resistance to most Conceptual Weapons and believes herself to be vulnerable only those that she has not experienced before, was only knocked over by a point-blank attack from the Black Barrel Replica, one of the Church's most powerful Conceptual Weapons, and got up unharmed), Existence Erasure and Reality Warping, among many others (The Moon Cell couldn't delete her in Fate/Extra because her Authority eclipsed its own), Immunity to Death Manipulation (When under the full moon or when at full power, Arcueid does not possess a concept of death unless it is forcefully placed upon her by a being of great power, making her immune to abilities such as even the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception)"

And abilities wise she's similar to Ragna.

Now according to this she is able to resist modern magecraft which is a class of magic that BlazBlue technically belongs in, although magic in BB works differently than in Masadaverse and also what does the profile mean by "modern magecraft"? 21st century magecraft? BB takes place in the 22nd century.

Although there is also her resistance to Conceptual Weapons which is basically what the Azure Grimoire is since it is a part of the Black Beast. Although it says that she is only vunerable to weapons she hasn't experienced previously, if that's true then she may be in trouble. I don't there there any weapons in the Nasuverse that are similar to the Azure Grimoire, which is simply hax the weapon, unless Gilgamesh has an Azure Grimoire himself.

Her other resistances don't really help here, death manipulation and existance erasure are not equal to soul hax.

I'm not saying that she could be able to fight the Blazblue-verse, I'm just giving the facts and evaluating them. Although if there is one thing that Arcueid can't resist, it would Rachel's slave Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back