• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
AZURE STRIKER GUNVOLT VS KAIJU NO. 8

Rules:
  • Speed Equalized
  • Both in-character, but willing to kill
  • 7-A Versions, nothing above the tier
  • Starting Distance: 10 meters
  • SBA everything else

Votes:

Blade:

Kaiju No. 12: 7 (Smashtwig, Kazuma_kuwabara, KobsterHope07, MysticBrawler, DaReaperMan, J.J._Chambers, Accelerated_Evolution)

Inconclusive:

FrLZQRDXoAMEEWp

Fjd6XDFVIAIVPsV

Last edited:
Blade starts with waiting for a sign for the other guy to be ready for combat, she's a Samurai in that sense- but it’s also a damn monster so she’d immediately go for a Dash Cut, likely aimed for the neck as she declares to Copen she’d do that. She also stomps the Copen who is at 690, like a damn near one shot with a single use of her Septima- so, the 1.3x advantage 12 has isn’t really much at all- Blade would have the initial advantage but unlike Gunvolt, in this key she doesn’t have an SP Skill or Septimal Surge to make any last ditch effort kills, or early kills

what are the main things 12 has I need to worry about?

(edit: so i see Fear Manipulation and its weird celluar strength sapping thing- and I didn't actually take this into account when making Blade's profile, but she is technically brainwashed in most of the story (though, not in the image protrayed in this OP), I can see the brainwashing just getting stronger to counteract the fear and make her fight anyways with indifference regardless of feeling- but this unconvential resistance isn't really listed on the profiles and is really just evidence based speculation on what would happen if this exact scenario happened.

If you want another argument, you can just say that Blade lived all of her life in immense fear and likely imagining what Sumeragi was gonna do to her when they come around to exterminate her whole human group- and she'd eventually be brave enough to stand up to them and fight their leader at the time, which... could reduce the effects-

As well, Septima gets stronger with mentality, such as when GV felt every one of his cells go into overdrive through sheer anger, so that could prove to be something worth noting.

All in all, I'd say fear manip works without the brainwashing argument, and might give Blade an inital stare about her death- but otherwise, she should be able to regain confidence when she starts fighting and realizes that she doing pretty well

with the brainwashing (the one I typically intend to be in versus battles when Blade is involved)- she should be able to just be self-mind haxxed into fighting normally regardless

so- yeah, what stuff does 12 have i need to worry about?)

tbh this is a fire matchup, I can see Demerzel spotting this terrifying beast in the iX world and sending his strongest subordinate to deal with it like some kind of “superhero” he can use to beat all his enemies. Some Superman vs Doomsday type shit where Kaiju just keeps getting stronger and Blade has to finish the fight ASAP

Last edited:
Kaiju No. 12 is an opponent that likes to fight at extreme close quarters, though it can expand its range with air manipulation. Its main aspect to watch out for is its insane adaptability (i.e., reactive evolution, accelerated development, and enhanced senses), as No. 12 is noted to be fast enough that despite opponents being superior to the point of perception blitzing and beyond and could slice it to pieces, No. 12 is more than capable of adapting and killing them if they makes even a single mistake, forcing them to craft a multiple-layer strategy as simply overwhelming the kaiju with brute force and skill is not good enough.

This also extends to fighting styles, as Soshiro even noted that his techniques that No. 12 has seen is no longer effective the next time it is used, which is why he was forced to create new techniques on the spot to compensate (which in the end didn’t have much of an effect). Could even try to copy and utilize those same techniques if possible, creating an identical weapon from its body due to Shapeshifting and Body Control in order to perform the fighting style

I believe Blade has teleportation iirc, which can possible be counter by No. 12 spawning eyes across its whole body, giving its multiple vision, and extrasensory perception. Blade tends to utilizes electricity when clashing with opponents, which may not be as effective against No. 12 as with other opponents, as with Reaction Evolution, the fact that No. 12’s blades are made out of flesh and not metal, as well as a forcefield shield

Last edited:
Is there a simplified version of the strategy I can look at? I saw something on the page and it's a text wall I don't feel like looking at that involved... having Kaiju 10 hitting 12 to expose its core but idk, would be helpful

Blade doesnt use teleportation like that anyway, but im still confident in her initial AP advantahe being almost stomp-like- (I'd scale it like, iX Copen & Falcons =< Casual no Septima Blade [expressed great disinterest of Copen, Lola says she's superior to Falcons by just standing there] <stomp< Casual Lightning attack Blade < Blade trying)

how fast can the guys adaptation catch up in AP? 1 hit? 2?

I'm also going to note that fear can power a Septima too, so the aura 12 gives off might work to his disadvantage too

Last edited:
Is there a simplified version of the strategy I can look at? I saw something on the page and it's a text wall I don't feel like looking at that involved... having Kaiju 10 hitting 12 to expose its core but idk, would be helpful
That would be reading Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 93 as it cover the entire strategy. To make it easier, I have added the necessary scans for the Accelerated Development parts for No. 12
Blade doesnt use teleportation like that anyway, but im still confident in her initial AP advantahe being almost stomp-like- (I'd scale it like, iX Copen & Falcons =< Casual no Septima Blade [expressed great disinterest of Copen, Lola says she's superior to Falcons by just standing there] <stomp< Casual Lightning attack Blade < Blade trying)

how fast can the guys adaptation catch up in AP? 1 hit? 2?
I can’t gauge the numbers of hits per say, just that in Chapter 92, Soshiro implies that the moment he screw up even once, the kaiju will utilize that chance to adapt and kill them. In Chapter 93, as soon as Soshiro disarm the kaiju of its arms and legs and went for a finisher blow, No. 12 adapted in order to prevent its death.

That would be reading Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 93 as it cover the entire strategy. To make it easier, I have added the necessary scans for the Accelerated Development parts for No. 12
aight thx, reading it, the strategy isn’t what I’d call some 50 billion IQ play but it’s still pretty smart, (also, Kaiju 10 is in Soshiro’s chest or smth right? I was a bit confused on that ngl). I don’t necessarily think Blade has that kind of play in her bag, after all she’s a Mega Man boss, not a dang anime character. However I do feel like she’d at the very least take notice of the weak point and take some kind of steps to get that core. Do Kaijus immediately just die after being stabbed in the core?
I can’t gauge the numbers of hits per se, just that in Chapter 92, Soshiro implies that the moment he screw up even once, the kaiju will utilize that chance to adapt and kill them. In Chapter 93, as soon as Soshiro disarm the kaiju of its arms and legs and went for a finisher blow, No. 12 adapted in order to prevent its death.
Hm, the fact that Soshiro can cut off arms and legs even in 93 after fighting the guy in 92 (and however chapters before), means that at the very least it isn’t this instant thing, rather an actual reasonable rate that’s actually interesting to talk about lol

i forgot to add Tenjian into scaling chain btw, my fault, he’s the actual 690 feat guy, so it’d be Tenjian <= Falcons < iX <= Casual No Septima Blade <<< Causal Septima Blade < Trying Blade

Last edited:
aight thx, reading it, the strategy isn’t what I’d call some 50 billion IQ play but it’s still pretty smart, (also, Kaiju 10 is in Soshiro’s chest or smth right? I was a bit confused on that ngl). I don’t necessarily think Blade has that kind of play in her bag, after all she’s a Mega Man boss, not a dang anime character. However I do feel like she’d at the very least take notice of the weak point and take some kind of steps to get that core. Do Kaijus immediately just die after being stabbed in the core?
Yeah, No. 10 is in Soshiro’s chest, but it can transfer its consciousness to the tail in order to control it.

And yes, Kaiju do die after their core is destroyed but it is not immediate, as Chapter 32, Chapter 46 and Chapter 85 shows No. 10, No. 9‘s beta clone and No. 15 respectively living as long as an entire chapter before eventually dying. Hell, Kafka Hibino/Kaiju No. 8 pierced his core in Chapter 37 to stop his berserk self and live long enough to received treatment in Chapter 38, with a general stating that if he had a human heart instead of a core, he would have die immediately

For 12’s case, how long did he live after 10’s tail impaled its core? I’d be using that example for this fight since that’s the most accurate

Well, I think I can probably give my opinion now, at first I thought 12 had a completely massive advantage but as I learned more it started to feel closer to a 50-50- normally I’d go for the usual “inconclusive”, but this time I’m thinking 12 wins more often than not, but like a, 5.75-4.25- in fact, this opinion might change as I write this

At first encounter, Blade would likely see some kind of hallucination of her getting packed, but once they start fighting that'll probably go away

early on, Blade has the advantage in both AP, and even Skill, so her confidence would probably be regained enough to not be feared up- but 12’s ability to catch-up in stats and skill will close that gap by the time Blade say… cut off an arm or something. As well, the fear manipulation would definitely start creeping up on Blade’s focus when 12 just regens it off.

Blade would probably be smart enough to figure that if amputation doesn't work, try for the head as she likes trying to go for the neck anyways. But at this point I see Blade struggling a lot to land that hit to the neck and then discover the core
  • 12 probs knows of its own weakness and therefore would make it easier to defend one point of its body (fact check this tho)
  • thanks to its large size, Blade would either have to use her swordwhip or jump up to attack which definitely limits her amount of moves she can pull off
  • - both strategies that 12'll adapt to once 12 catches onto her goal (i could even see 12 making their own whips).
However, Blade’s strength would increase with fear, so this'll definitely be something she could do, especially combined with her skill which would take a bit more time to catch up on than strength cuz she's kind of a skill monster.

But notice that this relies on
  • an emotional amp, and emotions are pretty inconsistent and in this case would be a double edged sword since it would hamper Blade’s skills for a boost that will be caught up to eventually
  • intelligence to deduce that she needs to cut the neck (and our only statement of that being her go-to move is essentially edgy dialogue)- she can easily think “go for the heart” or “go for the brain” instead of “do the edgy thing I said I was gonna do to iX” or “cut specifically the brainstem”. And that’ll take more time to eventually arrive at the correct answer

both of these situations are definitely likely to happen since 12 has fear manip and Blade does have that kind of intelligence, but it’s still not a guarantee way of how things could go- along with the fact that 12 would figure out her goal of cutting the neck

if this was put in a manga or an anime, Blade def would win because these conditions will definitely be fulfilled, but by the time these things would happen in a realistic vs battle, I think Blade would arrive at the answer just a bit too late, and 12 will start to win the melee / whip clashes more often- the battle would end with 12 knocking Blade into a wall or smth and she’s probably Berserk Trigger for the win, which would constitute as a loss for this specific vs battle

however all of this relies on how fast 12’s adaptation really is tbh, in my analysis I gave Blade around 2-3 melee engagements before 12 catches up and I still think Blade would just barely lose, even win because the win conditions are likely to happen

so I might have to do a cop out with an Inconclusive until I get more info on how fast this development is (yeah, I did change my opinion as I wrote this)- this is a pretty cool matchup

Last edited:
  • 12 probs knows of its own weakness and therefore would make it easier to defend one point of its body (fact check this tho)
Yeah, Kaiju No. 12 should know its own weaknesses since the core is responsible for its regeneration, as shown here in Chapter 48
so I might have to do a cop out with an Inconclusive until I get more info on how fast this development is (yeah, I did change my opinion as I wrote this)- this is a pretty cool matchup
Thanks, having these characters that relies heavily on swordsmanship to clash at extreme close quarters combat is a big factor as to why I did this match.

I initially wanted to put Gen Narumi against a Prevasion characters to see how would his Evolved RT-0001 precognition, which utilizes his ability to see electrons in the body to predict one’s movements to the point of always landing his attacks first 100% of the time.

How long is the fight in Chapters, and how many noticable adaptations are there at what chapters (using Soshiro as a scale)

How long is the fight in Chapters,
The confrontation between Soshiro and No. 12 starts at Chapter 76. Got a glimpse into their fight in Chapter 81. Then the non-stop focus of the fight from Chapter 88 to Chapter 93. So 8-ish chapters No. 12 vs Soshiro fight lasted in all.
and how many noticable adaptations are there at what chapters (using Soshiro as a scale)
btw, there two official translation of the series (Mangaplus and VIZ). I am using the VIZ translation

Its adaptation feats took place during the Chapter 88 to 93.

First stated with Kaiju No. 12 absolutely stomping Soshiro in Chapter 88 and 89. Then Soshiro decided to switch his swordsmanship from dual wielding to single blade wielding to confuse No. 12, who had no experience with single blade fighting style at the time.

From there (Chapter 90), Soshiro absolutely speed-blitz (and even perception blitz) Kaiju No. 12, it is only when Soshiro was going for the final blow after discovering the location of its core when it adapted and block a strike aimed at its core (ADAPTATION 1). The rest of Chapter 90 had Soshiro mixing his single bladed techniques and dual bladed techniques in order to further confuse the kaiju and when going for the finisher, Kaiju No. 12 adapted and copy Soshiro’s techniques, using it against him but better (ADAPTATION 2).

Chapter 91 is basically Soshiro despairing over the fact that Kaiju No. 12 had managed to effortlessly copy the techniques that he had honed since childhood. Even stating that he has no moves left at that can even work on No. 12 (could be taken as an ADAPTATION 3)

Chapter 92 is where Soshiro got his groove back and start to increase his stats to point of perception blitzing. However, Soshiro noted that he is still dead even with the Kaiju as it could adapt to his new strength and kill him if he doesn’t neutralize it quickly (ADAPTATION 4)

Chapter 93 is where Soshiro goes ham, using his stat boost and three-sword style to overwhelm No. 12 but the kaiju adapted which prevented that attack to kill (ADAPTATION 5). Then Soshiro utilizes a brand new seventh technique, which fails to kill because No. 12 adapted and prevented Soshiro’s attack from reaching its core (ADAPTATION 6). However, we know how the fight ended with No. 10 landing a sneak attack from behind while No. 12 was distracted with Soshiro

Last edited:
So from what I'm reading it looks like 12 would at the very most only be one step behind when it comes to adaptation speed, Soshiro was able to start tearing it up (I'll call this "one engagement") before the adaptation lets 12 catch up- but then in almost all the Adaptations fast enough to the point where Soshiro wasn't able to get what his goal was down by the time 12 adapted- 12 seemed to adapt just in time before Soshiro could land the finishing blow to the neck

Now while most of these feats are techniques and speed based, I feel like it would be disingenuous to say that this doesn't apply to strength as well just because 12 was already stomping Soshiro to begin with- it just didnt get much of a chance to show that it can probably adapt to strength as well. Blade would have the equivalent to perception blitzing but just in strength rather than speed I'd say. So I'd say Blade would normally stomp in AP, but because the Regen would come into play at least once, 12 kind of immediately catches up- and same when Blade powers up from the fear.

Since it was Adaptation is faster than I expected, I'd make it a 6.5-3.5 in 12's Favor, combined with everything I've said before.

12 FRA, Blade would need an anime power-up like Endeavor vs High-End to finish the job but i'm just gonna say that Blade would win if there was no stat increases just saying bro, the other Kaijus could be if they're any similar to 12 in fighting style without it

I initially wanted to put Gen Narumi against a Prevasion characters to see how would his Evolved RT-0001 precognition, which utilizes his ability to see electrons in the body to predict one’s movements to the point of always landing his attacks first 100% of the time.
I'd say that just predicting the electrons trajectory doesn't necassarily allow you to hit them, so it probably wouldn't work, but at the same time if you disabled Prevasion bro would just be hitting every hit so... I guess it's fair?

Back