• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both in-character
Both were 500 meters apart
Speed Equalized

images

images

Blackbeard: 10 (@RazumaHiroki, @OriginFox, @MonkeyOfLife, @Ryuga21, @Sonicflare9, @NomsNoms, @Dir333, @WrongIdea21, @Shizuka, @Delta333)

Alibaba:

Last edited:
I can only see Alibaba win by slowing down his perception of time, and attacking BB.

Though he's only Low 6-B whereas BB is 6-B. Alibaba would need to use his extreme magic to do actual damage to him, but that'll drain pretty much all of his magic, but it isn't finishing off BB. So I'll vote for Blackbeard low diff

Since he isn't facing Ace (he significantly held back to demonstrate the power of Yami Yami no mi) or Whitebeard (Whitebeard resist BFR). He will always lead with Blackbeard, once absorbed it's a Gameover, considering his mind will be broken by the madness.

Small thing to note: Blackbeard holds here the range advantage, considering that his range is 1 kilometer or more, even more with the Gura Gura no mi. He will most likely start first before Alibaba can do anything.
He's resistant against mind manip
It's Madness manipulation, not mind manipulation. The Madness is the cause of Blackbeard's Darkness.

Small thing to note: Blackbeard holds here the range advantage, considering that his range is 1 kilometer or more, even more with the Gura Gura no mi. He will most likely start first before Alibaba can do anything.

It's Madness manipulation, not mind manipulation. The Madness is the cause of Blackbeard's Darkness.
Madness is a subset of Mind Manipulation though

Both are still two entirely different things. Take Kishin Asura for example, would you compare him to Itachi? also Black Hole is also a BFR ability, Blackbeard can freely decide if he want to let out Alibaba or not.
Madness Hax has 3 types, Blackbeard's Madness Hax falls in is the second one, which can be resisted if you have Mind Manipulation resistance

Blackbeard's madness is type 1... They come in contact with darkness and get affected... When they look at the darkness they don't.

Incon

Alibaba has the speed advantage+perception manipulation to slow down time. Alibaba can't really harm Blackbeard and I don't see anyway for Blackbeard to tag Alibaba.

I don't get your point here. It's common sense that if you have resistance to a specific hax you resist it. You said Madness hax can be resisted with madness manipulation, so i'm a little confused about your point here?
"Madness Hax has 3 types, Blackbeard's Madness Hax falls in is the second one, which can be resisted if you have Mind Manipulation resistance"

That's what I said

Actually it's type 3
No it's not.

3: Cognition: Those who possess this type drive others insane as a side-effect of the nature of their being, with the very act of looking at or attempting to perceive them being enough to send victims into a state of madness or terror. More extreme forms are capable of outright killing those who suffer from their effects

It'd probably limited though seeing how they dont fall into madness just by looking at him (or maybe just explaining it is enough)

I did some research (Mostly around HxH verse bc of nen crush), and you can actually resist type 3 Madness with Mind resistance, so even if BB's is type 3 Alibaba should resist it

You do guys know the madness manipulation is after Blackbeard let him out? (only willingly). Once something has been pulled in, it can be absorbed into the darkness, where it will be trapped until Blackbeard himself decides to release it. It is described as a void which devours (almost) everything and returns all to nothingness. Blackbeard has an infinite amount of space inside of his body made of darkness, due to Blackbeard's superior LS it's enviable aka BFR, which Alibaba doesn't resist and nor does have the LS to resist against Blackbeard's gravitation.
  • Black Hole: Blackbeard creates a curtain of darkness that can spread over a large area and suck everything into another dimension, crushing it.

In other words, it's like another world where everything he devoured are trapped in it. Hence why the "madness" is the least relevant point because Blackbeard would have to be extraordinarily generous to let him out, to shallow more things inside his darkness body.

Back