• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Black Widow and Hawkeye were upgraded to possibly 9A by TheOwnMagic without creating a revision post, using this fight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcBJ2Bdxi4&feature=youtu.be&t=3m2s) as justification. I'd like to review this b/c I think the possibly 9A for Widow and Hakweye muddies up the scaling among Marvel characters.

The video used as justification, where Widow fights Crossbones, has her hitting him multiple time but him not actually seeming to get any damage. She's outspeeding and outskilling him, but when she's hitting it does literally almost nothing to him (he flinches a bit but he doesn't even let go of her till he wants to strike back and her last hit did exactly nothing even with her taser wristbands when he was ready for it). This seems more consistent with a skilled 9B (as seen when how she's caught she's instantly overpowered), which scales a lot better to most other non-super characters in the MCU verse (See Falcon, Unenhanced Black Panther, etc.).

I'd suggest removing the possibly 9A and just stick with 9B b/c it doesn't seem like there was any discussion before it was changed or good justification behind it and it scales better to other skilled 9Bs from the verse.

Upgrading without a revision is a big no-no. That said I am not an expert of the MCU, but only a casual watcher.

It may be best to call the knowledgeable memebers of the verse to this thread.

Sounds good. Yeah I thought that was weird, but nobody brought anything up and I was too busy.

Yes. Granted, there's a chance it could be legitimate, but if someone thinks it is, then they need to make a CRT.

Has somebody changed the pages back to their previous statistics?

Okay. Perhaps we should close this thread then?

Why they are only athletic human in speed and not peak human?

They are the most trained humans in the world, right? They should be peak human in speed at least.

They are able to keep up with Chitauri, as well as their energy blasts, and Ultron Sentinels. So it seems fine to me.

I think someone else should tbh, i don't have many feats, and i'm not the best at dialogue.

Also, why Blackwidow is 9-C with weapons? Are you trying to tell me that her weapons weaken her?

I suppose that it is due to basing them on real world firearms.

I see, that makes sense then, 9-C bullets can kill 9-B beings.

Yup. We only scale tiers by energy, not piercing damage.

I would also like to bring up another thing, the calc that gives Hawkeye subsonic combat speed actually gives Hawkeye Supersonic perception/reaction speed, cuz it's 0.0098 seconds.

Okay. I am not the best, but if that is what the Reactions page says, I suppose that it may be reasonable.

You should preferably ask some other calc group member for input first thiugh.

Yeah I agree with Spino. While we're at it we might want to upgrade unenhanced Black Panther's speed from Peak Human to the same as Hawkeye and Black Widow's though.

I do not know if unenhanced Black Panther and Killmonger are that swift. They have not been tested against others.

It is probably best to ask Matthew for input. You can check the Knowledgeable Members List as well.

I disagree with scaling peak humans to other peak humans, they have never met or fought each other.

In my opinion, the Guardians of the Galaxy's ratings should be changed from subsonic to unknown, they never met Hawkeye, the justification is merely that they are superhumans and should be superior to humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back