• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Billy Butcher vs Queen Maeve - The Boys

We got Soldier Boy vs Homelander, Butcher vs Homelander, Maeve vs Homelander, and even Soldier Boy vs Butcher for some spice. But we got some mix there that we missed. One of those is:
  • Season 3 Maeve and Temp-V empowered Butcher are used
  • Both are in character
  • They have basically full knowledge of each other and their abilities since they know each other in-verse lol
  • Since they both scale from the same guy, no need to equalize speed
  • Wins by incapacitation or death
  • Starting distance is 5 meters with a clear line of sight
  • Fight takes place in the Vought Tower

Billy Butcher: 7 (MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, Cimafranca133, Popted2, AThe1412, Rez, Shyster, noninho)
Queen Maeve: 2 (AnonymousBlank, JED)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Butcher has the range advantage with his Heat Vision, and I'm pretty sure his Class K Lifting Strength is used here (since you need to state it explicitly that "possibly" ratings are restricted), so he has the LS advantage. As said above, he is probably more skilled than Maeve, though the latter may have greater mobility.

I dunno. Probably gonna vote for Billy Butcher, unless someone can give more arguments for Maeve

Last edited:
Butcher has the range advantage with his Heat Vision, and I'm pretty sure his Class K Lifting Strength is used here (since you need to state it explicitly that "possibly" ratings are restricted), so he has the LS advantage. As said above, he is probably more skilled than Maeve, though the latter may have greater mobility.

I dunno. Probably gonna vote for Billy Butcher, unless someone can give more arguments for Maeve
Butcher FRA
Billy FRA
Counted.

Honestly, I’m thinking Maeve takes this.

Did not watch the linked fights above but iirc she blocked Homelander’s HV and even tanked it for a bit so Billy’s laser spam is out here since Homelander walked that shit off easier than he did Maeve’s hits. Her dura would be higher as a result since Homelander one tapped Billy with a direct hit from HV in their first fight and KO’d him for a solid bit of time. She also takes a bunch of his punches and keeps getting back up after he popped her eyeball so stamina goes to her too.

Billy needs SB’s help to take a held back Homelander and still has problems, not even drawing blood from him despite all the face shots. Once Homelander got serious, he overpowered SB and Temp V Billy and Huey from a disadvantageous position. When Maeve 1v1’d Homelander, she didn’t get tagged until she made Homelander pissed after she drew blood, still slammed him on his ass and was able to constantly stagger him even after being reduced to crawling across the floor whereas SB’s punches couldn’t. The same punches which rattled Billy’s brain in his skull with ease and put him out of commission for the finale.

Let’s be honest, Billy vs Maeve is like what Billy’s wife was to Homelander.

Reactions: JED
Did not watch the linked fights above but iirc she blocked Homelander’s HV and even tanked it for a bit so Billy’s laser spam is out here since Homelander walked that shit off easier than he did Maeve’s hits.
She first got hit on her chest without being to react, and then blocked the laser with her bracelet.
Her dura would be higher as a result since Homelander one tapped Billy with a direct hit from HV in their first fight and KO’d him for a solid bit of time.
Billy also endured multiple hits from him, and the comparable Soldier Boy though.
Billy needs SB’s help to take a held back Homelander and still has problems, not even drawing blood from him despite all the face shots.
I wouldn't neccesarily say that he was holding back, he was really scared of Soldier Boy and was willing to kill Butcher on the spot, he had no reason to not go all-out. If anything he was holding back with Maeve, initially at least.

Overall though, I do agree that Maeve has better showings than Butcher all things considered.
Vote Counted.

Billy held his own against Homelander in bloodlusted state, Maeve barely did this even when Homelander held back against her. No to mention his better abilities, range and skill advantage (He was trained as spec ops). He also likely have superior speed (from what I remember in Season 3). Maeve does have some interesting things like her armor and making Homelander bleed, but that's all

Voting for goat

Billy held his own against Homelander in bloodlusted state, Maeve barely did this even when Homelander held back against her. No to mention his better abilities, range and skill advantage (He was trained as spec ops). He also likely have superior speed (from what I remember in Season 3). Maeve does have some interesting things like her armor and making Homelander bleed, but that's all

Voting for goat
Homelander only held back for the beginning of the fight, then as soon as Maeve proved to be a threat, he took seriously. Hell, Maeve making him bleed is clearly and indicator of how powerful she is, and arguably is a better feat than Butcher's fight.

Revive time?
Homelander only held back for the beginning of the fight, then as soon as Maeve proved to be a threat, he took seriously. Hell, Maeve making him bleed is clearly and indicator of how powerful she is, and arguably is a better feat than Butcher's fight.
Both Butcher and Soldier Boy didn't actually take as much damage from Homelander as Maeve did though so Billy is probably more durable than her. Add on the fact that he's more skilled than Homelander and I see him winning this more often than Maeve. Voting Butcher High-diff.

Honestly, I’m thinking Maeve takes this.

Did not watch the linked fights above but iirc she blocked Homelander’s HV and even tanked it for a bit so Billy’s laser spam is out here since Homelander walked that shit off easier than he did Maeve’s hits. Her dura would be higher as a result since Homelander one tapped Billy with a direct hit from HV in their first fight and KO’d him for a solid bit of time. She also takes a bunch of his punches and keeps getting back up after he popped her eyeball so stamina goes to her too.

Billy needs SB’s help to take a held back Homelander and still has problems, not even drawing blood from him despite all the face shots. Once Homelander got serious, he overpowered SB and Temp V Billy and Huey from a disadvantageous position. When Maeve 1v1’d Homelander, she didn’t get tagged until she made Homelander pissed after she drew blood, still slammed him on his ass and was able to constantly stagger him even after being reduced to crawling across the floor whereas SB’s punches couldn’t. The same punches which rattled Billy’s brain in his skull with ease and put him out of commission for the finale.

Let’s be honest, Billy vs Maeve is like what Billy’s wife was to Homelander.
She has heat resistance with her bracelets while Butcher doesn't so that kinda explains it. Even then, he didn't take any visible damage from Homie's laser eyes though. Sure, it knocked him out for a bit but it didn't really hurt him. I agree that stamina goes to Maeve since she did take more damage than Billy and still had enough strength to stop Soldier Boy from blowing everyone up. Still unlike Homie, Billy is smart enough to aim somewhere that isn't her upper body where she can easily block the lasers.

I agree with OP's point. Homelander had no reason to hold back against Billy and Soldier Boy at the start of their fight. His ability to break out is due to a combination of adrenaline, higher LS upscaling, and the fact that he can fly while the other 3 can't but nonetheless, they still managed to hold him down and would have probably killed him if SB succeeded in using his power null blast. Homelander also never grappled or had a pushing match with Maeve (The closest thing is him puncturing her eye and she only broke out by punching him in the groin) so the more skilled Butcher who did grapple with him will probably use his LS advantage way more against her.

Last edited:
Both Butcher and Soldier Boy didn't actually take as much damage from Homelander as Maeve did though so Billy is probably more durable than her.
He did take similar levels of damage (ignoring the burn and eye thing) after he fought Soldier Boy (as in, several bruises to the face, and cuts).
Even then, he didn't take any visible damage from Homie's laser eyes though. Sure, it knocked him out for a bit but it didn't really hurt him
Tbf, Billy had his clothing covering any potential injuries, but also Heat Vision seems to only generate high heat with enough exposure (not a long time, just a few seconds as seems against SB), but a quick shot seems to mostly focus on blunt force.
Voting Butcher High-diff
Counted.

Back