• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soldier Boy vs Queen Maeve - The Boys

We got Soldier Boy vs Homelander, Butcher vs Homelander, Maeve vs Homelander, and even Soldier Boy vs Butcher for some spice. But we got some mix there that we missed. One of those is:
  • Season 3 Maeve is used
  • Both are in character
  • They have a basic knowledge of each other and their abilities
  • Since they both scale from the same guy, no need to equalize speed
  • Wins by incapacitation or death
  • Starting distance is 5 meters with a clear line of sight
  • Fight takes place in the Vought Tower

Soldier Boy: 7 (PapiSavitar5025, Popted2, AnonymousBlank, TheRustyOne, Marvel_Champion_07, Sir_Marvulous, Just_Butchering)
Queen Maeve:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Gonna vote handily for Soldier Boy here. While Maeve put up a pretty good fight against Homelander, Soldier Boy was the only one capable of tossing him around--if only briefly.
I think skill here is pretty interchangeable. Though I'll probably give to to Maeve, since Soldier Boy is probably a tad out of practice due to being in cryo for so long, either way I'd probably give her the edge since we've actually seen her training and have statements of it.
But Soldier Boy's tougher, more durable, and I'd imagine a bit faster. Homelander was able to handily parry her strikes, whereas Soldier Boy was actually able to catch him off-guard. Granted, so could Maeve, but that's mostly because Homelander was underestimating her.

But anyways yeah, decisive victory for Soulja.

The goat FRA. Let’s also not forget he has an off switch for other Capes’ powers on top of being top 2 in stats. Soldier Boy hard counters the rest of his verse.

The goat FRA. Let’s also not forget he has an off switch for other Capes’ powers on top of being top 2 in stats. Soldier Boy hard counters the rest of his verse.
Counted, but tbf, his nuclear beam takes so long to charge that if Maeve isn't going anything about it then she might already be down lol.

Also for the record, she is the only one that made Homelander bleed.

Solider Boy has more hype/statements for being closest to Homelander, but Maeve did more damage to him than Solider Boy did while he had Butcher's help.

However I can see Homelander underestimating her being a factor and I don't believe there would be any big gap between them. In terms of on screen battles Maeve's combat skills are more impressive, but not enough to completely dominate Soldier Boy who isn't a slouch in comparison.

His durability and most importantly his shield will be a huge pain for her to get through. I think this is a really close fight, I can see it going both ways. Also Soldier Boy's belly laser is way too impractical to use in a straight 1v1 fight, takes way too long to charge.

I think Soldier Boy's shield level the field towards his side. She has no easy way of getting rid of it like how Butcher did by heating it up. It works well as a weapon and would protect him from some of her strikes. While she's skilled enough to get around it at times, I don't think it'd be enough to take him down.

And as said above, I think he's more durable than she is. So I'm voting for Soldier Boy as well. But I'm open to any counter arguments.

Solider Boy has more hype/statements for being closest to Homelander, but Maeve did more damage to him than Solider Boy did while he had Butcher's help.

However I can see Homelander underestimating her being a factor and I don't believe there would be any big gap between them. In terms of on screen battles Maeve's combat skills are more impressive, but not enough to completely dominate Soldier Boy who isn't a slouch in comparison.

His durability and most importantly his shield will be a huge pain for her to get through. I think this is a really close fight, I can see it going both ways. Also Soldier Boy's belly laser is way too impractical to use in a straight 1v1 fight, takes way too long to charge.

I think Soldier Boy's shield level the field towards his side. She has no easy way of getting rid of it like how Butcher did by heating it up. It works well as a weapon and would protect him from some of her strikes. While she's skilled enough to get around it at times, I don't think it'd be enough to take him down.

And as said above, I think he's more durable than she is. So I'm voting for Soldier Boy as well. But I'm open to any counter arguments.
Counted.

I'll add that, while Homelander may had held back somewhat with Maeve at first, the moment she made him bleed, he went serious. However, it's also true that she took may more damage than Soldier Boy did agaisnt Homelander. So, the gap in strenght might not be big at all, but the difference in durability is notable.

Back