• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supes vs Capes v3: Butcher XIV vs Billy Butcher

An Unkillable Butcher vs a Butcher that's real good at killing, what could go wrong?

Billy Butcher (8-B, Temp V) and Butcher XIV (9-B) versions are used.

Speed is equal, Prior knowledge is given to Billy, Both are in character, Fight takes place inside of The Teeth's hideout in Brockton Bay, Win through incap or death, Standard and Optional equipment given (Temp V, Various guns for Billy, Butcher's Bow and Vehicle mounted Minigun).

Butcher XIV-

Billy Butcher- 2 (AThe1412, Peppersalt43)

Incon-

Last edited:
Bump? Maeve is kinda just screwed. She can oneshot Butcher in both her 9-B and 9-A but the moment the fight starts, 14 will just teleport and snipe her from hundreds of meters away with arrows and bullets that bend space to always hit their target. Though the attacks won't do her any harm, they'll still cause Maeve excruciating pain to the point of incapacitating her. Maeve can't reach Butcher before she decides to teleport again and she can't catch her off guard either due to enhanced senses and danger sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is pretty stompy

Maeve basically has 0 ranged options, so unless Butcher is somehow forced into melee, they kinda win already.

Also, Maeve in general has basically no special abilities to help her here, maybe another Supe could be a better choice. Like, Noir with his pain tolerance being so high dude might not even feel pain, and if necessary he can get access to sleep gas for a better chance at incap. Stormfront has better range if necessary, and her lightning is pretty strong. Starlight's light blast could be troublesome to deal with, and Kimiko also has pain tolerance (though as high) and her regeneration (it says Butcher kinda counters that, though idk up to what level)

so hard to do a fair and balanced Worm vs The Boys match... without the interesting characters (inb4 Hughie vs Danny)

so hard to do a fair and balanced Worm vs The Boys match... without the interesting characters (inb4 Hughie vs Danny)
I was honestly expecting Butcher vs Butcher (With Temp-V and access to all of his equipment). It seems more fair actually.

I want to vote for Billy but I'm not sure how to elaborate on his wincons. For now, I'll wait for the boys to give their input.

I was honestly expecting Butcher vs Butcher (With Temp-V and access to all of his equipment). It seems more fair actually.
So uh... y'know the thing about Butcher XIV is mainly the possessions, right? Makes killing them a huge pain as they just win if you do. Add in the bloodlust aura and the ability to one-shot and it's very hard to keep yourself from not killing them which causes the possession to activate

Butcher XIV is pretty crazy, been looking for a while on a match that can work, haven't found it yet

So uh... y'know the thing about Butcher XIV is mainly the possessions, right? Makes killing them a huge pain as they just win if you do. Add in the bloodlust aura and the ability to one-shot and it's very hard to keep yourself from not killing them which causes the possession to activate

Butcher XIV is pretty crazy, been looking for a while on a match that can work, haven't found it yet
Is the aura passive and what's the range? 14 does have Mid regeneration and Billy has sleep gas as an incap option. His oneshot options require him to get close enough.

Is the aura passive and what's the range?
So in the scan, the affected character indicates that it seems to have pretty low range so I assume it's extended melee. And yes, it's passive. They do also have teleportation which I assume Billy would be used to on account of Hughie. Still very dangerous though on account of the aura and it being instantaneous.

Weirdly enough though despite being described as being really strong and fully willing to fight H2H, they seem to have no melee weapons
His oneshot options require him to get close enough.
What about the lazer eyes?

So in the scan, the affected character indicates that it seems to have pretty low range so I assume it's extended melee. And yes, it's passive. They do also have teleportation which I assume Billy would be used to on account of Hughie. Still very dangerous though on account of the aura and it being instantaneous.

Weirdly enough though despite being described as being really strong and fully willing to fight H2H, they seem to have no melee weapons

What about the lazer eyes?
That's good to know. Billy has prior knowledge of 14 so he'll try to wear her down from afar with his guns, tank everything she throws out with Temp-V amp and then go for incap.

Heat Vision is several meters, not close enough for the aura to affect him if it is actually only extended melee range.

Oh wait, death is listed as a victory condition. Does this mean the death of the host of the Butcher, aka Quarrel, or the death of the Butcher entity itself?

Oh wait, death is listed as a victory condition. Does this mean the death of the host of the Butcher, aka Quarrel, or the death of the Butcher entity itself?
Technically getting possessed should count as incap which is also a winning condition

Technically getting possessed should count as incap which is also a winning condition
I see. So the only way Billy can win is through incap or if 14 kills herself somehow while 14 can incap, outlast his Temp-V then kill him, and possess him if she does get killed.
I'm honestly leaning towards Billy here. With prior knowledge, he would know to not get too close to her and risk being consumed by bloodlust (14 herself seems to prefer keeping distance from her enemies anyway). Though her attacks can't harm him, they can cause him great pain but he does have a really strong will that would allow him to power through it (Kinda funny since his comic version straight up gets pleasure out of pain). He can probably adjust his Heat Vision so that it'll maim her but not kill her outright (Mid regeneration means she should be fine) and even without it, he still has his guns to wear her down and halothane to put her to sleep.

Last edited:
Does Butcher's pain thing apply to all of her attacks? Because if so dealing with arrows that have a high chance of hitting thanks to space manip plus unbearable pain could really tough for Billy to avoid

Lets see if @AThe1412 has anything to say
I don't know jack about Worm lol.
But anyway...
Does Butcher's pain thing apply to all of her attacks? Because if so dealing with arrows that have a high chance of hitting thanks to space manip plus unbearable pain could really tough for Billy to avoid
Billy has a very strong will that should lets him power through the pain the same way he did with Black Noir. Skitter who doesn't have pain resistance nor a strong will was able to endure the pain and stay awake.

I don't know jack about Worm lol.
I don't as much but I do know how to read the scans and references on the page
Billy has a very strong will that should lets him power through the pain the same way he did with Black Noir. Skitter who doesn't have pain resistance nor a strong will was able to endure the pain and stay awake.
Technically pain resistance does usually go into stamina

I don't as much but I do know how to read the scans and references on the page

Technically pain resistance does usually go into stamina
Hold on. I just read Taylor's profile and it does mention that she has an exceptionally high pain tolerance. Her feats also seems superior to Billy at a glance but he is amped by Temp V which puts his stamina at Superhuman compared to her Peak Human and supes who are weaker than him like Black Noir can deal with pain pretty well.

Her feats also seems superior to Billy at a glance but he is amped by Temp V which puts his stamina at Superhuman compared to her Peak Human and supes who are weaker than him like Black Noir can deal with pain pretty well.
Now the issue with stamina is that you gotta look at the feats in context, similar to intelligence. Stamina can be applied to how long one can stay awake, perform an activity, remain in combat, or in this case, resist pain. What does Black Noir's feats look like? (I assume it's worse than having his face burned off or his intestines ripped out? Because that's what I remember)

Now the issue with stamina is that you gotta look at the feats in context, similar to intelligence. Stamina can be applied to how long one can stay awake, perform an activity, remain in combat, or in this case, resist pain. What does Black Noir's feats look like? (I assume it's worse than having his face burned off or his intestines ripped out? Because that's what I remember)
There was a moment where the Boys were hiding in a house that was rigged full of explosive traps and Noir presumably just triggered and tanked all of them without giving a crap.

There was a moment where the Boys were hiding in a house that was rigged full of explosive traps and Noir presumably just triggered and tanked all of them without giving a crap.
Ah, did he suffer significant burns? And is that the one that gave the verse its ratings?

He is not THAT though, it makes him recover somewhat faster, but not to the extent of fully ignoring pain. Besides, it's not the level of Supernatural Willpower, but more like, he is a very persistent person. Even with Temp-V, depending on the level pain, he could struggle. But that's why I asked the level of pain felt
which puts his stamina at Superhuman compared to her Peak Human and supes who are weaker than him like Black Noir can deal with pain pretty well.
That doesn't mean he scales to Noir though. In fact, I would say part of Noir's unique powers is likely his immense pain tolerance. Dude cut his wrist very deeply and got perforated by bullets and didn't even flinch. But Butcher lacks feats on that level. He is superhuman via compound V, but not by an incredible margin, more like "surpasses peak human by an non-specific amount"

He is not THAT though, it makes him recover somewhat faster, but not to the extent of fully ignoring pain. Besides, it's not the level of Supernatural Willpower, but more like, he is a very persistent person. Even with Temp-V, depending on the level pain, he could struggle. But that's why I asked the level of pain felt

That doesn't mean he scales to Noir though. In fact, I would say part of Noir's unique powers is likely his immense pain tolerance. Dude cut his wrist very deeply and got perforated by bullets and didn't even flinch. But Butcher lacks feats on that level. He is superhuman via compound V, but not by an incredible margin, more like "surpasses peak human by an non-specific amount"
Ah okay then. His pain tolerance is still higher than Peak Human which is enough to endure the pain without getting knocked out.

Back