• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher/Axolotl Tier Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZeroTwo64 said:
@FateAlbane
This is a Genetic Fallacy. You shouldn't have said it. If you disagree with something Metal said, that doesn't mean what he says is wrong.
Except it isn't since it's wrong via exaggerating a character status based on unnacepted stances towards their dimensionality in both cases. So the examples really do complement each other. It shows that his views regarding this subject clash badly with how others rate these types of situations around here.

ZeroTwo64 said:
If a character leaves a verse, he will become a dimension higher. I see nothing wrong with this.
That's the same as saying that if someone leaves a particular Universe's time and space, they are Low 2-C by default.

Except that you said: "It comes fron the same guy who effectively thinks someone like Dimentio can be Higher Dimensional to High 1-B or even 1-A" meaning that High 1-C Bill Cipher is wrong because he said that Dimentio is High 1-B to 1-A. This is a Genetic Fallacy. Why did you even mention Dimentio in this blog? It's completely useless and doesn't give more credibility to your argument.

Re-read my above reply and you'll understand why it isn't.

I already pointed the reason why. The logic used is equaly as faulty as the one he uses for Bill Cipher. Both are in regards to his stance towards how dimension and dimensional statements should work in regards to a character's tier. I was expanding on the fact that his views and stance towards the dimensionality of these characters and how they apply or don't apply are *not* accepted around here and clash entirely with the ratings and how the tiering system treats them so his blogs are not a thing - on top of the fact that they were debunked/refuted/denied on previous CRTs.

And my argument is already made above.

There are verses with way more solid reasoning than Bill's random statement and lack of feats of that scale to go along with it. They still don't get a higher dimensional rating.

This has been adressed ten times over.

I'm bringing up comparisons to further exemplify why the tier is staying as is. This thread honestly, is the actual thing that didn't bring anything new or conclusive to the table.

Saying the name of fallacies doesn't help make a point. It's not one either when that explanation is very much accepted and applies for every verse out there.

Bill isn't receiving special treatment. And if he were to, that would upgrade quite an immense ammount of other characters who have piles of more evidence than him but weren't upgraded for the same reasons - a massive upgrade by proxy.

I'm not saying Bill should be upgraded. I'm fine with his profile. I just said that you can't say a person is wrong for other things he did that aren't related to this topic. It isn't a polite behaviour towards him.

I honestly apologize if I sounded rude in anything I said.

The main gist of it - or rather, the intention I should have made an effort to put across - was the difference in views. This wasn't supposed to be an offense as much as it was to explain that it's like when each community has a different interpretation of a matter (kind of like science theories, per se).

Once again, I'm really sorry if any of it sounded like me deliberately being rude towards him.

But did bill ever leave his verse? I mean I never saw anything like that in the show outside of him texting people on reddit and twitter and highly theorized to have orchestrated the cipher hunt

Well it is implied that he came from his own multiverse own multiverse because if bill destroyed the entire second dimension we shouldn't see anything 2d in GF so there is that

For now, no feats to scale it to.

Many series house higher dimensions, yet the characters there don't get readily scaled to them in tiering until they prove to be of a higher dimensional standing.

As said before, the best in regards to this is, like TheArsenal explained, to wait for and see if new material/feats appear in the coming future - as currently there is not enough for an upgrade.

Thus yes, it should be closed.

Wasn't the nightmare realm described as a realm between dimensions and because it was decaying and he was trapped there for a trillion years was the main reason Bill wanted to get out of it in the first place?

If he had higher dimensional power fully scaling to higher dimensions he clearly would have just busted it and escaped like he escaped the 2-D.

Also gravity falls is inconsistent at times with how it treats dimensions, like how the verse is 11-D but then there is that random featless character in the novel who came from "dimension 52", clearly relating to a parallel world instead of a higher one.

ya it was never really explained why he was stuck there which what i was wondering but it appears that it was the doing of the axolotl since he appears as bills archenemy and ford just left through a wormhole when he was there

FateAlbane said:
Also gravity falls is inconsistent at times with how it treats dimensions, like how the verse is 11-D but then there is that random featless character in the novel who came from "dimension 52", clearly relating to a parallel world instead of a higher one.
the trilazzx beta were described as aliens that exist within the 7th through 11th dimensions clearly refering to spatial dimensions but the oracle was said to be from dimension 52 sort of like c137 for rick and morty

Yes, that's what I meant. At times it uses the term for spatial ones, others it uses it like just parallel worlds. And then there's the fact that the beings in higher dimensional space aren't shown as clearly superior to the ones below and such.

It's another of the main factors which contributes to the current scaling of the series as is.

"as opposed as to just assuming he doesn't have the power for it"

Well, regardless of the reason, as it currently stands there is actually a lack of sufficient motives to assume he has higher power than what he is currently rated as. That's all there is to it. As I have said above, perhaps in the future he will get a feat and reasoning to warrant that.

EDIT: Just noticed you edited this part out, nvm.

than bill upgrade isn't happening but i noticed that bill may get a possibly type 6 immortality as he was highly believed to live on through stan and we see some remnants of him on a phone during the comic

The Immortality sounds good to me! ...Though it would be best to make a different thread for that one not to get things too mixed - That said, as the main discussion of this one has been concluded, this can be closed now.

FateAlbane said:
The Immortality sounds good to me! ...Though it would be best to make a different thread for that one not to get things too mixed - That said, as the main discussion of this one has been concluded, this can be closed now.
Alright boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back