• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bigfoot vs Raptor

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Gigantopithecus

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Utahraptor

58db36ac768d2.image
vs
Raptergang
raptor gang

Originally the ape was going to fight a T-rex, similar to King Kong but the T-rex is bigger, stronger, and faster too! (that donkey kong reference is so appropriate) so I looked for a dinosaur it's size and found this big raptor.

So, it's a peaceful day in the prehistoric zoo, until a girl is chased by a giant raptor. Suddenly a giant ape saves her. And the ape and the raptor face off. (yes it's a king kong reference)

No dinosaur or even any reptile has superior intelligence to an ape, or any primate. So the Gigantopithecus has both brains and brawn on their side

We never know since the raptor died out million years ago. But I vote for the raptor. Since the Ravens and most birds are quite intelligent. Don't count the chicken.

Apes are more intelligent than corvid (Ravens, Crows) still. Orangutans are a contender for the most intelligent animal and Gigantopithecus was just a giant version of one. There is no way it would be smarter than the primate tbh

Gigantopithecus weighed around 440 to 660 pounds, while the Utahraptor weighed somewhat less than 1,100 pounds. That, combined with the dromaeosaurid's superior weaponry and likely better agility/mobility leads me to believe that the Utahraptor would win this.

Kiryu2012 said:
Gigantopithecus weighed around 440 to 660 pounds, while the Utahraptor weighed somewhat less than 1,100 pounds. That, combined with the dromaeosaurid's superior weaponry and likely better agility/mobility leads me to believe that the Utahraptor would win this.
Legit thought the Gigantopithecus was larger lol. Disagree about weaponry though, primates are able to use all of their limbs

Bigfoot: 1

Rapter: 3

Okay, the raptor is much dumber. I was thinking about Jurassic Park which gave the raptors the intelligence of apes. The raptor is faster but the ape is stronger. The raptor also has claws and I think it can jump but the ape can't. Close fight.

CCFB said:
Kiryu2012 said:
Legit thought the Gigantopithecus was larger lol. Disagree about weaponry though, primates are able to use all of their limbs
And the Utahraptor has large sharp claws and teeth that can deal much more damage much more quickly, while the Gigantopithecus has only its canines, which are far less impressive than the raptor's weapons. Sure the ape could grapple and punch, but the dinosaur can lacerate flesh and induce shock and severe bloodloss in just a moment.

CCFB said:
The apes punches were probably very strong and hard though. I can't see the raptor just ignoring them
The ape can kill the raptor in a couple hits. But landing them is difficult via speed.

CCFB said:
The apes punches were probably very strong and hard though. I can't see the raptor just ignoring them
Blunt force attacks aren't going to achieve the same level of damage that bladed weapons can deal in just a moment. The dinosaur's larger size would also grant it the durability and strength to overpower the ape, and its far superior weaponry can cut up the ape much sooner than the later can beat down the dinosaur.

Hmmmm, maybe we should consider the animals the two fought. The ape lived with mammoths, tigers, and humans. The raptor lived with dinosaurs and had to fight the T-rex which is similar in size to a mammoth....

Hyper Anon said:
Hmmmm, maybe we should consider the animals the two fought. The ape lived with mammoths, tigers, and humans. The raptor lived with dinosaurs and had to fight the T-rex which is similar in size to a mammoth....
Utahraptor did not live in the same time period as the Tyrannosaurus. The Utahraptor lived in the Early Cretaceous; the Tyrannosaurus lived during the Late Cretaceous.

Kiryu2012 said:
Hyper Anon said:
Utahraptor did not live in the same time period as the Tyrannosaurus. The Utahraptor lived in the Early Cretaceous; the Tyrannosaurus lived during the Late Cretaceous.
Oh, but the raptor did fight other dinosaurs, like long necked dinosaurs and well armored dinosaurs. And the ape lived with mammoths, tigers, and humans which were probably using weapons at that time.

CCFB said:
Is the Utahraptor really bigger? And yeah, Gigantopithecus likely met Homo Erectus, who were quite deadly.
The raptor is bigger but the ape is stronger via being bulkier.

Back