• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Hal Jordan Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Green Lantern Vol 4 #39 April 2009
    • Sayd states that Hal's will can power the entire Blue Lantern Corps. In order for the blue power ring to function, it needs the aura of green willpower, supplied by a Green Lantern Ring to be in proximity to it; otherwise, the ring will only allow limited flight, limited energy projection and constructs, and protection from the vacuum of space. In other words, Hal is just the on switch for the Blue Corp, not their literal power source for their blue rings.
  • Hal didn't harm Superboy-Prime. He made him flinch to let go of Guy.

Quick correction, it was Sayd, the Blue Lantern Guardian, that said it, not Ganthet. And that basically says a Blue Lantern ring can not operate at full power without a Green Lantern ring, and Hal explicitly states "I'm not a battery," and nobody corrects that, supporting the idea that he's actually the power source.

Prime lets out a pained noise and his armor is shown breaking from Hal's attack. And correct me if I'm wrong, but making a 2-C that high into the tier flinch should still be 2-C.

Well then you'd have to ask, does Post-C Krypto have other 2-C feats like Hal does? Cause if not, then it's just an outlier for him.

I think that giving the Green Lanterns a 3-C statistic when collaborating as a group seems fine.

Has anybody asked more people to help out here?

I already asked C2 and ClassicNESfan. And I'd kinda like to finish my discussion with Firestorm808 before asking anyone else.

Going back to the Blue Lantern stuff, just because Hal says "I'm not a battery," that doesn't mean he literally powers the Blue Lantern Corps. What's the point of having a Central Blue Power Battery or Adara?

As it has been shown on numerous occasions, it is a symbiotic relationship. The Green Lanterns unlock the Blue Lanterns full AP potential, and the Blue Lanterns, in turn, enhance Green Lanterns. I'm sure others can atttest to this occurence.

In the New 52, it was revealed by Relic that the Power Rings had a draining effect on the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, with the Blue Lantern Rings having the biggest drain as it was the most powerful.

Your point here doesn't really work. They need those things because Hal doesn't power them. It's just that he could.

I'm well aware of the symbiotic relationship between the GLs and BLs, but don't you think that if the Guardian just meant that Hal could unlock their potential, they would have said that? They said Hal can power their entire Corps, and they meant that in the way of him being a battery and a power source, not simply unlocking their full power.

Btw are you fine with the other 2-C stuff now?

I highly doubt anyone else would agree that Hal Jordan is equivalent in power to an entire Blue corpse, the Central Power Battery, and its Emotional Entity.

I am going over points one by one. I have not agreed to any of the proposed justifications.

Oh, okay. Just making sure, since you didn't reply to some of the previous points that were brought up.

Even with grappling, if The Predator was vastly stronger than Hal's construct, would it not have just overpowered it immediately?

Looking at the page again, we only have one image to work with, and none of the Predator's claws are wrapped around the dragon construct's body or gripping the other's claws.

Actually, the dragon construct's right claw is gripping one of The Predator's many right claws.

Huh, it looked like it was.

Although you can see that The Predator has one of its claws wrapped around one of the dragon constructs' arms and gripping at its neck, plus its tail is wrapped around the construct.

No, the Predator is not touching the dragon's neck either. Also, the Predator's tail is loosely around the the bottom, not constricting it.

Seems pretty clear to me that the claws are touching the base of its neck.

5257885E-1902-4F4C-8C28-07A3D4EE0E8A

First off, in what way is that claw gripping something at all? Second, what lizard anatomy leads you to call that area past the arms part of the neck?

The claws are bent, and that part is clearly connected to the neck...?

Literally, the worst you could say is that they're pushing against each other, which would still show Hal's construct matching The Predator in strength as neither is overpowering the other.

Saying that the Predator is possibly holding the constructs chest or pressing against each other isn't a sufficient reason as to why they should scale to eachother.

It's the fact that neither is overpowering the other. If The Predator was vastly stronger, it would have just torn the construct apart.

The writers aren't going to make vastly more powerful characters tear another character apart just by light contact. This is like saying Batman should scale to Superman if he held him back from slightly moving.

That is not an equivalent situation. Not only is Batman explicitly a street level character, Superman is always holding back so there's no reason to assume Batman would scale there.

The Predator is one of the most aggressive of the emotional embodiments, if not the most aggressive behind The Butcher. Hal (and non-entity Lanterns in general) have variable power levels and Hal himself has been said to be the embodiment of will. As The Predator is not overpowering Hal's construct, despite both absolutely making contact with each other, it does not seem like a stretch that they are comparable in power.

Just to be clear, your reasoning is that they should be comparable because neither of them died when they pressed against each other.

Uh, no...? My reasoning is that neither is overpowering the other.

No, that legitimately isn't a valid scan on the basis of being too short and is doubtful at least

If it was a significant fight, sure, but otherwise this is a lowkey bullshit feat, grasping at straws and such.

I agree that Varying between tiers is fine, and I'd like a link to that Hulk thread as i've wanted something like that for a while.

Pretty sure Hal has consistent tier 2 feats, scaling to shit before the crisis. Also pre and post crisis Hal are one in the same.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure Hal has consistent tier 2 feats, scaling to shit before the crisis. Also pre and post crisis Hal are one in the same.
Something something "There's a note on the GL page so we can avoid any and all revisions without discussion"

Harmed Superboy-Prime.

In regards to Super-Boy Prime, it's not reliable to scale anyone to Prime for making him flinch / lightly harm him during the Infinite Crisis. For one, Hal didn't even draw blood.

Throughout Infinite Crisis, everyone is trying to take down Superboy-Prime, harming him one way or another, and they aren't very reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back