• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BFDI Series Discussion Thread

That’s kind of inconsistent, the first time he hugs Leafy in BFB she passes through his body and is immediately reduced to ash, the second time she bumps against him and ignites, burning a little slower. There’s no one way Firey burns people

He made it 800 degrees hotter in seconds, which is magnitudes hotter than any lava (And more than enough to turn you to ash in seconds)
I guess so.

I'm sure that, if Firey heating up the Sun is a minimum of being way hotter than fire is realistically, then it was an oversight, because the point of Firey heating up the Sun was because it was funny how X was nitpicking about the Sun's temperature down to one digit number degrees. Otherwise, Firey would burn everything around him. Keep in mind that, the potency of his fire, being able to damage other characters, is not the same idea as its heat.

I guess so.

I'm sure that, if Firey heating up the Sun is a minimum of being way hotter than fire is realistically, then it was an oversight, because the point of Firey heating up the Sun was because it was funny how X was nitpicking about the Sun's temperature down to one digit number degrees. Otherwise, Firey would burn everything around him. Keep in mind that, the potency of his fire, being able to damage other characters, is not the same idea as its heat.

Why do we have to limit Firey to what’s “realistic for fire,” none of this series is realistic like, ever, and Firey heating it up like he did is still a feat of heat (Heh) that shows that he’s hotter than actual fire (Also he’s not the only one who should be causing mass destruction as a byproduct of existing but doesn’t for literally no reason, or just generally doesn’t function how they “realistically” would Black Hole should be sucking the entire planet into himself since a black hole’s gravity goes well beyond their event horizon [We even see black hole demonstrate this in BFB 1, where he’s sucking up the contestants and recovery centers despite nowhere near them at the time], Ice Cube should constantly be melting unless we’re supposed to believe that Goiky’s climate is just always below freezing, Barf Bag’s vomit should be eating through the paper part of her overtime yet that doesn’t happen, etc.)

Missing BFDI contestants: Coiny, Eraser, Ice Cube, Match, Rocky, Snowball, Tennis Ball

Missing BFDIA contestants: Bomby, Book, Dora, Fries, Nickel,

Missing IDFB contestants: None

Missing BFB contestants: Barf Bag, Baskeball, Bell, Bottle, Bracelety, Cake, Clock, Eggy, Fanny, Firey.Jr, Foldy, Gaty, Grassy, Liy, Loser, Marker, Naily, Pie, Pillow, Profily(?), Remote, Roboty, Stapy, Taco, Tree, TV(?)

Missing TPOT contestants: Price Tag

Missing hosts: Firey Speaker Box, Flower Speaker Box, TV(the fisrt host of BFDIA), Puffball Speaker Box, Purple Face, Two

Characters that aren't neitheir but woud be cool to have a list for them: Profily(Fits better), Nonexisty, The other Announcer substitutes maybe

Missing weapons: Recovery centers, FreeSmart Van, FreeSmart Super Van, Fork repellent, Spaceships, Spongy Private Jet and Cardboard spaceship, Yoyleberrys
I'll take the spaceships, Ice Cube, and Rocky

Also I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but if Firey increasing the Sun’s temperature by a few degrees was fine, but 800 degrees is too much, just how hot do you think real fire is?

Why do we have to limit Firey to what’s “realistic for fire,” none of this series is realistic like, ever, and Firey heating it up like he did is still a feat of heat (Heh) that shows that he’s hotter than actual fire (Also he’s not the only one who should be causing mass destruction as a byproduct of existing but doesn’t for literally no reason, or just generally doesn’t function how they “realistically” would Black Hole should be sucking the entire planet into himself since a black hole’s gravity goes well beyond their event horizon [We even see black hole demonstrate this in BFB 1, where he’s sucking up the contestants and recovery centers despite nowhere near them at the time], Ice Cube should constantly be melting unless we’re supposed to believe that Goiky’s climate is just always below freezing, Barf Bag’s vomit should be eating through the paper part of her overtime yet that doesn’t happen, etc.)
What about the part where I wrote that making the Sun way hotter would be an oversight since the joke was that X was nitpicking that the Sun wasn't like one degree hotter.
Also I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but if Firey increasing the Sun’s temperature by a few degrees was fine, but 800 degrees is too much, just how hot do you think real fire is?
David wouldn't immediately become ashes by touching Firey if he's as hot as real fire. And oops I mixed up scenes. I thought X wanted the Sun to be one degree hotter but it ended up being two degrees hotter, not eight hundred. So Firey making the Sun hotter wasn't actually on a collosal scale then, he just added his own realistic heat. In fact, Firey was on the side of the Sun that was directly facing Earth and towards X, so like with the "Sun-angel" Gelatin made, the heat probably got directly projected onto where X was.

It being a joke doesn’t make it not a feat

That’s not how heat works, if Firey was as hot as real fire then he’d make 0 difference in the temperature of the Sun. In order to cause such a drastic change in temperature at the rate he did, Firey would need to be a good deal hotter than the Sun (Also Gelatin’s Sun-angel was a single small spot that was only surface deep, Firey was completely submerged in the Sun and thus if he affected it, he’d have to have affected the entire thing, and whenever X talks about the Sun changing temperatures, he doesn’t say a part of it changed, he just says the Sun’s temperature changed, so we’d have no reason to assume that Firey only made one side hotter in the first place)

It being a joke doesn’t make it not a feat

That’s not how heat works, if Firey was as hot as real fire then he’d make 0 difference in the temperature of the Sun. In order to cause such a drastic change in temperature at the rate he did, Firey would need to be a good deal than the Sun (Also Gelatin’s Sun-angel was a single small spot that was only surface deep, Firey was completely submerged in the Sun and thus if he affected it, he’d have to have affected the entire thing, and whenever X talks about the Sun changing temperatures, he doesn’t say a part of it changed, he just says the Sun’s temperature changed, so we’d have no reason to assume that Firey only made one side hotter in the first place?
I didn't suggest that something being a joke makes something not a feat, I mean that the joke, as in its purpose, was aiming for something contrary to the feat.

So why do we have to apply strict science to this feat, but with Firey's being not burning the world, we don't need to apply strict science? I find this whole idea way too iffy to be usable. Plus, if Firey never actually uses his Sun level heat for anything else other than for this one occurrence that has an interpretation of the heat of realistic fire being applied being the punchline, then it's a useless aspect of Firey that isn't usable anyway. It's not like power, where even if a character displays a rank one time in their entire series, as long as nothing contradicts it then it is usable for ranking the character and others in the series. No one scales to the heat of Firey. Characters are prone to being burned, so they have no reason to be able to touch him without dying immediately unless David has a weakness to fire. If Firey has bonkers heat to the standards of fire his size, then Needle wouldn't be able to smack Firey without burning, since the heat of Yellow Face's flamethrower was enough to set her on fire.

Except there’s no punchline of “real fire” or the interpretations of how hot it is, there’s not even really a punchline at all, X asks for the Sun to be hotter, the Have Nots think submerging Firey will do so, and while it does, it ends up being too effective and screws them over

I’m not applying “strict science” per se, I’m just saying that Firey would need to be hotter than a thing in order to make that thing hotter. Firey’s heat is literally just his body, he can’t exactly “use it” how one would use a weapon because it’s just a thing that happens because he exists, that doesn’t make it not usable, it just makes it something Firey can’t fully weaponize. Characters are prone to dying in all sorts of ways, burning to death isn’t special, plenty of characters die upon touching Firey (And as I pointed out before, some characters, such as Leafy, even die in the exact same way David did, so it’s not some specific weakness he has)

characters being able to touch Firey without dying is also extremely inconsistent (Not to mention you’re kind of shooting yourself in the foot here, Needle’s later shown to be immune to lava, with a statement that lava isn’t hot enough to kill metal contestants, so we run into the same problem, with Yellow Face’s flamethrower needing to be hotter than real fire for Needle dying to it to make sense) when he gets eliminated Leafy is able to grab him by his fire body for an extended period of time without getting burned and Donut can do the same thing in BFDIA (Also Pencil scales to Firey’s heat, as Donut set her ablaze with Firey and Pencil just shrugged it off, even inhaling the flames with no harm done to herself)

Except there’s no punchline of “real fire” or the interpretations of how hot it is, there’s not even really a punchline at all, X asks for the Sun to be hotter, the Have Nots think submerging Firey will do so, and while it does, it ends up being too effective and screws them over

I’m not applying “strict science” per se, I’m just saying that Firey would need to be hotter than a thing in order to make that thing hotter. Firey’s heat is literally just his body, he can’t exactly “use it” how one would use a weapon because it’s just a thing that happens because he exists, that doesn’t make it not usable, it just makes it something Firey can’t fully weaponize. Characters are prone to dying in all sorts of ways, burning to death isn’t special, plenty of characters die upon touching Firey (And as I pointed out before, some characters, such as Leafy, even die in the exact same way David did, so it’s not some specific weakness he has)

characters being able to touch Firey without dying is also extremely inconsistent (Not to mention you’re kind of shooting yourself in the foot here, Needle’s later shown to be immune to lava, with a statement that lava isn’t hot enough to kill metal contestants, so we run into the same problem, with Yellow Face’s flamethrower needing to be hotter than real fire for Needle dying to it to make sense) when he gets eliminated Leafy is able to grab him by his fire body for an extended period of time without getting burned and Donut can do the same thing in BFDIA (Also Pencil scales to Firey’s heat, as Donut set her ablaze with Firey and Pencil just shrugged it off, even inhaling the flames with no harm done to herself)
What I got from the scene is that X wanted the Sun to be ever so slightly hotter, so Firey sank into the Sun thinking it would make it one degree hotter, but instead it made the Sun hotter proportionate to the amount of degrees his own heat is, as the joke and reference to fire's heat. (Some aspects of the episode are beyond science, like how most characters are able to stand on the Sun in the first place.) The fact that the characters reacted as if they were getting burned by Firey but it was actually from the Sun's heat, yet them being near Firey doesn't cause the same effect, should be enough to prove my point that Firey having the heat of the Sun is an oversight that was made in the episode.

Firey has weaponized his body, trying to burn bugs and intentionally igniting Bomby. Either way, this would be a passive affect that would happen when other characters get burned by him in any way. Burning to death isn't unique to David, but Leafy also has a weakness to fire even without necessarily referring to how she once immediately got burned by Firey. I can't really think of any examples other than her interactions with Firey at the moment, but "Leafy's body is easily flammable." has been regarded as a weakness since October 2020. At this point you might as well make a content revision thread about this way of determining weaknesses to fire instead of discussing it with only me.

Firey's fire in general is really weird. That's why I'm trying to set boundaries. We already did in one fashion before by giving characters non-physical interaction for holding Firey by his fire, but now I'm trying to establish that his heat. (You missed a small detail with what you wrote in the parentheses. It was said that the lava was not hot enough to kill metal characters. That means the lava was lacking, and the flamethrower fire was probably pretty hot but realistic and of course of the supernatural potency to get past Needle's durability.)

Firey didn't hear X say that he wanted the Sun to be 1 degree hotter, all he heard was Taco telling him to sink into the Sun to make it hotter. And exactly the characters are beyond science since it's a cartoon, thus Firey being much hotter than the Sun despite visually being normal fire is perfectly reasonable. Firey's body is treated as effectively self-contained, with him only ever hurting people if they touch him, which would be inaccurate even if he was only as hot as real fire and isn't the first time a character should kill everyone around them, but flips the bird to realism and only affects people who touch them or get close enough to (Again, Black Hole)

He's weaponized his body by trying to touch the bugs with it, which is exactly how he kills the other contestants, they touch his body, and then burn to death.

Exactly, burning to death isn't unique to David, and with someone so hot that he can heat up the Sun, dying so quickly to that isn't a weakness, Leafy meanwhile has shown vulnerability to lesser heat, so her having a weakness to fire/heat makes sense, I don't need a CRT to say that dying to beyond Sun level heat doesn't give you a weakness to heat

That's what I've been saying, BFDI doesn't focus on consistency with its characters or their abilities (Hence why the Have Cots can stand on the Sun yet none of them could survive touching lava, or Pin gets killed by a falling tree despite the cast's tier 8, 7, 5 and 4 feats, or how the contestants can breathe in space in one episode but can't in a later one), also Naily's dialogue about the lava not being hot enough doesn't really specify that only the specific lava they were submerged in wasn't hot enough, she just says "it wasn't hot enough," (With "it" referring to the lava), of course she would be talking about the stuff they were just in, rather than going out of her way to say something like "all lava isn't hot enough to kill us," also also, lava may vary in temperature, but it's almost always hotter than fire, so Yellow Face's flamethrower would still need to be abnormally hot, it'd already have to be extremely unrealistic in order to harm Needle's Large Town+/Large Star dura, as you say yourself, so we have no reason to hit the brakes and start demanding realism when it comes to temperature

Firey didn't hear X say that he wanted the Sun to be 1 degree hotter, all he heard was Taco telling him to sink into the Sun to make it hotter. And exactly the characters are beyond science since it's a cartoon, thus Firey being much hotter than the Sun despite visually being normal fire is perfectly reasonable. Firey's body is treated as effectively self-contained, with him only ever hurting people if they touch him, which would be inaccurate even if he was only as hot as real fire and isn't the first time a character should kill everyone around them, but flips the bird to realism and only affects people who touch them or get close enough to (Again, Black Hole)

He's weaponized his body by trying to touch the bugs with it, which is exactly how he kills the other contestants, they touch his body, and then burn to death.

Exactly, burning to death isn't unique to David, and with someone so hot that he can heat up the Sun, dying so quickly to that isn't a weakness, Leafy meanwhile has shown vulnerability to lesser heat, so her having a weakness to fire/heat makes sense, I don't need a CRT to say that dying to beyond Sun level heat doesn't give you a weakness to heat

That's what I've been saying, BFDI doesn't focus on consistency with its characters or their abilities (Hence why the Have Cots can stand on the Sun yet none of them could survive touching lava, or Pin gets killed by a falling tree despite the cast's tier 8, 7, 5 and 4 feats, or how the contestants can breathe in space in one episode but can't in a later one), also Naily's dialogue about the lava not being hot enough doesn't really specify that only the specific lava they were submerged in wasn't hot enough, she just says "it wasn't hot enough," (With "it" referring to the lava), of course she would be talking about the stuff they were just in, rather than going out of her way to say something like "all lava isn't hot enough to kill us," also also, lava may vary in temperature, but it's almost always hotter than fire, so Yellow Face's flamethrower would still need to be abnormally hot, it'd already have to be extremely unrealistic in order to harm Needle's Large Town+/Large Star dura, as you say yourself, so we have no reason to hit the brakes and start demanding realism when it comes to temperature
I was worried that you adding more paragraphs would turn this into a long debate, but you make great points so our discussion will actually be shortened! However, I still think that this detail is useless since the only times characters interact with Firey's heat is when they get burned, and all characters have high enough durability for them not dying immediately to be because of durability instead of a resistance, so since (the durability of) David scales to other contestants, he should still have a weakness to fire.

I should further clarify that the context of Naily and Coiny surviving lava was about that specific lava and not lava in general, and they could die to other lava if it's hot enough. Coiny: "Wait, we're not dead?". It implied that Coiny expected to die from lava. The same applied to Naily during the previous episode, where she saw the lava as a threat. Naily: "It must not have been hot enough to kill metal people like us!" Answered Coiny in a way that made her seem proud to be metal, but at the same time kind of surprised. Naily also said this comparatively, since she said that the lava wasn't hot enough to kill her, implying that she can be burned if something is hot enough.

I was worried that you adding more paragraphs would turn this into a long debate, but you make great points so our discussion will actually be shortened! However, I still think that this detail is useless since the only times characters interact with Firey's heat is when they get burned, and all characters have high enough durability for them not dying immediately to be because of durability instead of a resistance, so since (the durability of) David scales to other contestants, he should still have a weakness to fire.

I should further clarify that the context of Naily and Coiny surviving lava was about that specific lava and not lava in general, and they could die to other lava if it's hot enough. Coiny: "Wait, we're not dead?". It implied that Coiny expected to die from lava. The same applied to Naily during the previous episode, where she saw the lava as a threat. Naily: "It must not have been hot enough to kill metal people like us!" Answered Coiny in a way that made her seem proud to be metal, but at the same time kind of surprised. Naily also said this comparatively, since she said that the lava wasn't hot enough to kill her, implying that she can be burned if something is hot enough.
Fire negates dura (At least to a degree), so no, David dying to it wouldn’t qualify as a weakness, plenty of characters have interacted with Firey without being burned (Donut, Leafy, Needle, Pencil, probably others, we even gave a bunch of characters NPI for it), and regardless I’m not quite sure what your point is with that, characters die when they touch Firey, so David dying by touching Firey would be consistent, and he shouldn’t have a weakness

Lava is still typically hotter than fire, and we have no reason to assume the lava Coiny and Naily are dunked in is abnormally cold, so the fire that Needle does to would still need to be hotter than what’s realistic for fire (And again, why are we even analyzing this based on what’s “realistic for fire” when nothing about this series has been realistic in the slightest) of course they’d be susceptible to high enough heat, it’d be an NLF to assume otherwise, but they still have heat resistance well above “realistic fire”

Fire negates dura (At least to a degree), so no, David dying to it wouldn’t qualify as a weakness, plenty of characters have interacted with Firey without being burned (Donut, Leafy, Needle, Pencil, probably others, we even gave a bunch of characters NPI for it), and regardless I’m not quite sure what your point is with that, characters die when they touch Firey, so David dying by touching Firey would be consistent, and he shouldn’t have a weakness

Lava is still typically hotter than fire, and we have no reason to assume the lava Coiny and Naily are dunked in is abnormally cold, so the fire that Needle does to would still need to be hotter than what’s realistic for fire (And again, why are we even analyzing this based on what’s “realistic for fire” when nothing about this series has been realistic in the slightest) of course they’d be susceptible to high enough heat, it’d be an NLF to assume otherwise, but they still have heat resistance well above “realistic fire”
The key aspect is "At least to a degree". Putting it in parentheses doesn't distract me from the fact that fire is the kind of durability negation that can totally be avoided with higher durability than the potency of the fire. Firey's power cartoonishly varies from large town level+ to large star level, so in any case the power of his fire would have to be above realistic fire, like Yellow Face's flamethrower should also be, but it doesn't necessarily relate to the heat of either fire, so whether or not Firey has the heat of a Sun is not important to if David has a weakness to fire or not. Your original argument was that David just doesn't have a resistance because Firey is as hot as a Sun, when the heat of the characters is irrelevant, as this series is indeed unrealistic so being near Firey isn't a feat and the power of his fire has to do with attack potency rather than heat. Keep in mind that David's weakness to fire would still have him need to be hit with fire that has at least nuclear potency in order for his weakness matter. It's not like David is made of paper and any fire would him like a normal human. It makes more sense for Leafy to immediately becomes ashes due to her physiology, but David is a human, so him turning to ashes in the same manner is likely a weakness to fire in the nuclear to stellar league of power that BFDI characters are in.

Now that the cast is High 4-C, shouldn’t Bubble and Ice Cube playing catch with a star from the Big Dipper be listed as a supporting AP feat? (Or at the very least as a feat of Toon Force)

Similarly, the Announcer bringing them all there from Earth in a few seconds could be listed as a supporting MFTL+ feat (Also interstellar range for the Announcer outside of budget cuts, since he could yoink the contestants when he was already at the Big Dipper and they were on Earth)

I think I also found another thing supporting the Hosts’ text being physically present: when X first comes back and reads the votes backwards, after realizing his mistake he looks over to the graph that got made when he was reading the votes for confirmation

Now that the cast is High 4-C, shouldn’t Bubble and Ice Cube playing catch with a star from the Big Dipper be listed as a supporting AP feat? (Or at the very least as a feat of Toon Force)
Pretty sure that’s a gag feat given how the stars are depicted to be cartoonishly smaller than how they’re supposed to be to the point it literally fits in the palm of their hands
Similarly, the Announcer bringing them all there from Earth in a few seconds could be listed as a supporting MFTL+ feat (Also interstellar range for the Announcer outside of budget cuts, since he could yoink the contestants when he was already at the Big Dipper and they were on Earth)
We don’t really know what part in space Announcer took them, and I’m pretty sure they probably relocated through their spaceships
I think I also found another thing supporting the Hosts’ text being physically present: when X first comes back and reads the votes backwards, after realizing his mistake he looks over to the graph that got made when he was reading the votes for confirmation
This seems fine

Pretty sure that’s a gag feat given how the stars are depicted to be cartoonishly smaller than how they’re supposed to be to the point it literally fits in the palm of their hands
I'd attribute that more to the show's cartoonish style (Similarly to Eddy grabbing the Sun out of the sky and eating it, which we'd still consider a star level feat despite the sun fitting in the palm of Eddy's hand), also being a gag doesn't make it not a feat
We don’t really know what part in space Announcer took them, and I’m pretty sure they probably relocated through their spaceships
We see that they're at the Big Dipper almost immediately after they get taken into space, and at that point they hadn't brought the spaceships out yet (So unless some ungodly amount of time passes between the initial swiping and when we see them at the Big Dipper, there'd be no other way for them to be next to it)

1. Still, even if that wasn’t a gag, it doesn’t change the fact they are literally the size of Bubble’s hand which meant that the weight of them is significantly lower that throwing them like a ball wouldn’t even be close to Wall.

2. Fair enough.

afb.gif

TPOT 2 is amazing! There are many interesting moments with the characters, both positive and negative. I also correctly predicted that Teardrop was absent from the ending of BFB because she was going to join TPOT (although I never told anyone about this as far as I remember). Anyway, I'm voting for Foldy to be safe. Grassy definitely shouldn't be eliminated either, but I'm sure many people will vote for him to be saved, so I'll vote for a character that I generally like more. I should probably update my tier list a bit, now that this episode showed more about plenty the characters.

As for VS Battles Wiki stuff
  • Two has more abilities shown, even seemingly existence erasure when they eliminated the character that got the least vote who I will not name right now, but this doesn't matter right now as Two has no profile. I wonder when we should make and upload a profile of Two.
  • Many contestants acknowledged the existence of the intro and that it is the last bit of free time they have before the next challenge starts, which gives a lot of them fourth wall awareness when they didn't initially have the ability.
  • Robot Flower has clear evidence of being "at least" the speed of other characters. I always believed this, but this episode makes the idea have more support, so this should be added.
  • Although very subtle, there is pretty good additional evidence that Rocky actually got back the Infinite Matter Generator, Fanny said that she thinks Rocky can barf blocks forever, and the act itself of Rocky barfing maroon blocks is probably a reference to "BFDI 13: Don't Lose Your Marbles", although in that episode Rocky barfed red balls.
  • Teardrop finally used her finger laser again, and this time she actually used it for fighting. This means she will use it when she's in a pickle, as an opponent had a more powerful laser weapon so she was forced to use a long ranged attack.
  • We were shown more of Needle's team player attitude and skills with quick thinking.
  • I could be missing minor details, but the ones listed seem to be the most notable ones.

Two has more abilities shown, even seemingly existence erasure when they eliminated the character that got the least vote who I will not name right now, but this doesn't matter right now as Two has no profile. I wonder when we should make and upload a profile of Two.
I have a blog planned for Two that I made 2 years ago. Also, I disagree with his ability being Existence Erasure since I’m pretty sure all methods of BFDI eliminations are done through BFR (Laser Powered Teleportation Device for Season 1, Sender Scoop Thrower for Season 1/2, The EXIT for Season 4, and the BRB for Season 4). If anything, the eliminated contestant is probably still alive, just sent to another place.

I have a blog planned for Two that I made 2 years ago. Also, I disagree with his ability being Existence Erasure since I’m pretty sure all methods of BFDI eliminations are done through BFR (Laser Powered Teleportation Device for Season 1, Sender Scoop Thrower for Season 1/2, The EXIT for Season 4, and the BRB for Season 4). If anything, the eliminated contestant is probably still alive, just sent to another place.
When do you think we have learned enough about Two to upload a profile for them? Maybe when we figure out what happens to eliminated contestants?
Also, yeah, when writing the message I forgot that the shtick of BFDI hosts eliminating contestants is to remove them rather than destroy them. If the eliminated contestant was erased, then the Recovery Center would probably be able to circumvent the penalty. Who knows though? Maybe this erasure will be so good that characters will forget about the eliminated contestants ever existing! 👀 We'll need to wait and see. An interesting mystery is what the type of Recovery Center the new one is. The first part of the name being hidden is mysterious, and it might have something to do with a plot point later on.

Haven't seen the latest TPOT episode yet, so I can't comment on it, but looking through our profiles, a lot of the intelligence sections are pretty messy

Why do a bunch of the character's intelligence sections list their personality traits? A bunch of the characters have things like being stubborn, arrogant or kind listed in there like it makes them dumber/smarter, when they're completely unrelated. What does Pencil being sexist and exclusive have to do with her intelligence? Donut being caring and encouraging isn't indicative of average intelligence and doesn't belong there, etc.

Also the Jawbreaker's weaknesses section is literally the equivalent of writing "will die if punched too hard" on a character profile, which... why?

Haven't seen the latest TPOT episode yet, so I can't comment on it, but looking through our profiles, a lot of the intelligence sections are pretty messy

Why do a bunch of the character's intelligence sections list their personality traits? A bunch of the characters have things like being stubborn, arrogant or kind listed in there like it makes them dumber/smarter, when they're completely unrelated. What does Pencil being sexist and exclusive have to do with her intelligence? Donut being caring and encouraging isn't indicative of average intelligence and doesn't belong there, etc.
Agree
Also the Jawbreaker's weaknesses section is literally the equivalent of writing "will die if punched too hard" on a character profile, which... why?
Agree as well.

TPOT 2 is a long episode, so be prepared!

In order to understand the intelligence of a character, one must know their good and bad personality traits. Personality can be an important aspect of intelligence, since there are many types of ways someone can be intelligent. If a debater has never watched a single BFDI episode for personal enjoyment, they aren't going to get the correct perception of the character's by viewing their profile and seeing only feats of skill in their Intelligence sections. In fact, more profiles should be doing what the BFDI profiles do.
For example, I was the one who listed many details about Pencil's personality on her profile, and I did that so there will be no need to explain why Pencil has horrendous social senses in a VS thread if that becomes necessary, or even just for pondering purposes. (People can use the wiki for more than just VS threads.) Having terrible social senses for the reasons Pencil does is a sign of low intelligence, if not then low skill with that, which is important to keep track of. Social skills can definitely affect the style in which the character fights in, and the way they go about situations. Even a character's opinions affect that. Thoughts, beliefs, habits, instincts, etc., affect the actions of characters, and thus are factors in a battle. Think about it a little more.
As for Donut, the case is simply that it's best for a character to not have absolutely no explanation for why they have an intelligence rank, so that the profile can be more complete and spiffied, even if it human nature to typically assume that characters like the BFDI contestants have average intelligence upon only seeing the image of them on their page, so there is a short sentence describing that Donut is in fact like what someone might assume. This is secretly an important detail, because characters being personified doesn't actually signify average intelligence at all.

The weakness for the jawbreakers signifies that a character doesn't need a resistance to sealing in order to overcome its sealing.

TPOT 2 is a long episode, so be prepared!

In order to understand the intelligence of a character, one must know their good and bad personality traits. Personality can be an important aspect of intelligence, since there are many types of ways someone can be intelligent. If a debater has never watched a single BFDI episode for personal enjoyment, they aren't going to get the correct perception of the character's by viewing their profile and seeing only feats of skill in their Intelligence sections. In fact, more profiles should be doing what the BFDI profiles do.
For example, I was the one who listed many details about Pencil's personality on her profile, and I did that so there will be no need to explain why Pencil has horrendous social senses in a VS thread if that becomes necessary, or even just for pondering purposes. (People can use the wiki for more than just VS threads.) Having terrible social senses for the reasons Pencil does is a sign of low intelligence, if not then low skill with that, which is important to keep track of. Social skills can definitely affect the style in which the character fights in, and the way they go about situations. Even a character's opinions affect that. Thoughts, beliefs, habits, instincts, etc., affect the actions of characters, and thus are factors in a battle. Think about it a little more.
As for Donut, the case is simply that it's best for a character to not have absolutely no explanation for why they have an intelligence rank, so that the profile can be more complete and spiffied, even if it human nature to typically assume that characters like the BFDI contestants have average intelligence upon only seeing the image of them on their page, so there is a short sentence describing that Donut is in fact like what someone might assume. This is secretly an important detail, because characters being personified doesn't actually signify average intelligence at all.

The weakness for the jawbreakers signifies that a character doesn't need a resistance to sealing in order to overcome its sealing.
...I mean I guess, I just feel like the assumptions made with how some traits affect the characters' overall intelligence is just wrong

Being socially inept isn't a sign of low intelligence, and social interaction is hard you could be a genius and still have terrible people skills, neither does being lazy or sexist (The former should be in her weaknesses section, and the latter feels exaggerated in general. Since outside of that one scene, Pencil doesn't interact with the male contestants any differently than the female ones)

Being more in-depth on his character is great and all, but that doesn't change that him being generous has no bearing on his intelligence, and plenty of profiles just list intelligence as average if there's nothing super special to list (Also what's so secret about it?)

Except... the jawbreakers aren't sealing, or any hax at all for that matter. It's literally just putting a guy in a box, a really durable, soundproof box, but still just a box, or locking someone in a room, which also isn't sealing

...I mean I guess, I just feel like the assumptions made with how some traits affect the characters' overall intelligence is just wrong

Being socially inept isn't a sign of low intelligence, and social interaction is hard you could be a genius and still have terrible people skills, neither does being lazy or sexist (The former should be in her weaknesses section, and the latter feels exaggerated in general. Since outside of that one scene, Pencil doesn't interact with the male contestants any differently than the female ones)

Being more in-depth on his character is great and all, but that doesn't change that him being generous has no bearing on his intelligence, and plenty of profiles just list intelligence as average if there's nothing super special to list (Also what's so secret about it?)

Except... the jawbreakers aren't sealing, or any hax at all for that matter. It's literally just putting a guy in a box, a really durable, soundproof box, but still just a box, or locking someone in a room, which also isn't sealing
Feel like the licking should be kept as a weakness because it’s a way to(slowly)bypass its durability.

I don't see the inaccuracies. For example, Blocky is noted to be reckless, standoffish, and not good at science, yet his Intelligence rank is at least average because of intelligence feats of simply having many moments of being creative. That's who Blocky is. He has some negative aspects, but he could be considered a professional prankster, both of which reflect in the way he goes about challenges sometimes.

I know. I keep forgetting to add this, but Golf Ball, who is an extraordinary genius, is stated to have bad social skills, which is reflected in multiple character interactions. (More than her just being very demanding, which is already noted in the Weaknesses section.) As I mentioned, there are many different kinds of ways a character can be intelligent, and although Golf Ball is overall an extraordinary genius, her bad social skills are still a lack of skill that should be noted.
Lacking social skills can mean many things. Upon observing Pencil's traits, she isn't being held back by some sort of anxiety, and she doesn't seem to find socializing difficult. If you're bad at socializing based on what you wrote in strikethrough, then that doesn't make you dumb, because you acknowledge it and you have an idea of what would count as good socializing. The thing is, Pencil doesn't have the correct idea of what good socializing is, and she is completely oblivious to her behavior. There is a huge difference.
I considered the clip I put for Pencil preferring to not work hard as an example of exaggerated self-importance rather than a lack of will, since Pencil has been not lazy on many other occasions. As for her being sexist, her expressing so during one episode is all the information I need. Unless it was a fluke or her personality changed after the statement, neither of which are the case, then her saying so once is like any other moment where we learn more about a character's perceptions. The main point was Pencil actively excluding others though, since she's done that many times before in cases related to friendships.
Now back to Donut, I think you missed my point. What's so secret about it is that contributors to the VS Battles Wiki seem to not realize it. I'll just break it down. "Donut is a caring member to his team, encouraging them to win". This means that Donut understands the concept of other life-forms having emotions in a setting where they need to work together, having concern for those emotions whether it be for his own benefit or out of genuine compassion, wanting to maintain emotions as positive for the sake of the team being cooperative, and perceiving victory in competitions as a desirable outcome. Make no mistake; I'm not exaggerating how smart Donut is, because this only makes his intelligence average. What I just did is like if you asked me why "practice makes perfect" and then I explained the science of conditional learning. Simply put, the sentence used to describe Donut's intelligence is just evidence of him being better than animalistic, and to give the reader a sense that Donut has character traits that make it easier to see him as better than below average. It can be explained it detail like I did, but overthinking it might make it more complicated than it needs to be. Sure a character can be of below average intelligence while being a caring teammate who encourages their team to win, but at least writing anything at all in an Intelligence section is better than leaving it up to the interpretations of the many readers who don't personally know about the character.

I get the impression that the jawbreakers have sealing because during BFB 28, the Announcer was able to put contestants in them off screen without doing what Donut did to trap them. Announcer does have teleportation though, so it could be that. Maybe sealing should be a prerequisite instead of an ability.

Last edited:
Sure, Blocky’s fine, but, for say, Woody, who’s rated as Below Average for being afraid of everything and being unable to communicate well (Which is due to a speech impediment he patially gets over by the end of BFB, though having a speech impediment isn’t indicative of low intelligence), having debilitating fears doesn’t make you dumb, (We even see that he dislikes being babied by the other contestants for his fears) and Woody has demonstrated that he’s just as capable as the other contestants, having his own ideas in challenges (such as when Beep forgot shovels and he was the one who had the idea to use Rocky’s acid to erode a tunnel instead) and in general not displaying himself as someone of below average intelligence

That doesn’t at all equate to sealing, that’s just Announcer (And Four when the jawbreakers were first introduced, which side note, might imply that Four can resurrect people without spawning them from his hand) teleporting them inside. And going back to my previous examples, teleporting someone inside of a normal locked room isn’t sealing. The jawbreakers have no special properties/abilities of their own other than being able to block sound one-way

I'm very open to the idea of Woody's Intelligence being upgraded. He has came up with even more good ideas all by himself. Dabbing to change the airflow!

So like I wrote, whatever I thought the sealing was for the jawbreakers should be a prerequisite that a character needs to use the object rather than an ability of the object itself.

These two points would make for a good content revision thread. I'd be a good idea for you to make one for this matter.

oh yeah I remember being a bit distracted by this mainly Bubble's ls

mainly because she has been portrayed as a bit of a bad lifter being able to briefly lift pencil before popping in IDFB and almost popped when lifting team icecube fell on her who were calced at weighing in at 23.5 metric tons which is class 25 ls
Other characters have struggled to lift heavy objects before because of them not being portrayed as super strong during those scenarios, and Bubble popping there during IDFB was because of her durability being so low that she couldn't handle the straining, so I don't think there needs to be a change (if that's what you were suggesting).

Back