• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BFDI Series Discussion Thread

I'm not even mentioning eraser anymore

I mean like the level of mastery TD has so I would say proficient
Teardrop was consistently able to accurately hit characters, which has evidence linked on her profile. When she used her finger laser during BFDIA, it was even an accurate shot. It's safe to regard Teardrop's aim as proficient, at the very least.

Teardrop was consistently able to accurately hit characters, which has evidence linked on her profile. When she used her finger laser during BFDIA, it was even an accurate shot. It's safe to regard Teardrop's aim as proficient, at the very least.
IDK it was from a close distance and pointing at something a few meters vs shooting from tens of meters is different

I agree on TD being proficient with a gun. I just think her being good at combat makes more since she has gotten into fights or has attacked throughout the show

IDK it was from a close distance and pointing at something a few meters vs shooting from tens of meters is different

I agree on TD being proficient with a gun. I just think her being good at combat makes more since she has gotten into fights or has attacked throughout the show
Shooting accurately isn't easy without looking through a scope. The VS Battles Wiki regards "Weapon Mastery" as "the ability to use one or more types of weaponry with greater skill than the average person", so Teardrop having this ability listed on her profile makes sense.

if the bar is that low then sure
Of course, although I don't think the bar is low to human standards.

There are many cases where fiction exaggerates "mastery" which can confuse some people. Having "mastery" means having "comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment". If a character knows how to aim a gun accurately, handle a gun properly, and shoot it effectively, like Teardrop demonstrated she can, then they pretty much know everything there is to know about using that weapon. That means the character has comprehensive skill in the subject of using a gun to human standards, so they have mastery of it. The character doesn't need to be doing midair 360° spin pistol snipes from kilometers away for their skill to count as mastery, since that would require uncanny accuracy beyond realistic skill, so it would be a deeper extent of mastery than the baseline as a result of a character's supernatural capabilities allowing them to have skill that's impractical in real life.

For weapons like sticks or knives, the bar is higher because it doesn't take an expert to be able to reliably whack or poke something in combat with an item. However, simple feats like Agent 47 from Hitman being able to reliably kill targets by throwing a sharp weapon like a knife at them from a few meters away counts as weapon mastery, since that's not easy to accomplish without impressive skill.

Of course, although I don't think the bar is low to human standards.

There are many cases where fiction exaggerates "mastery" which can confuse some people. Having "mastery" means having "comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment". If a character knows how to aim a gun accurately, handle a gun properly, and shoot it effectively, like Teardrop demonstrated she can, then they pretty much know everything there is to know about using that weapon. That means the character has comprehensive skill in the subject of using a gun to human standards, so they have mastery of it. The character doesn't need to be doing midair 360° spin pistol snipes from kilometers away for their skill to count as mastery, since that would require uncanny accuracy beyond realistic skill, so it would be a deeper extent of mastery than the baseline as a result of a character's supernatural capabilities allowing them to have skill that's impractical in real life.

For weapons like sticks or knives, the bar is higher because it doesn't take an expert to be able to reliably whack or poke something in combat with an item. However, simple feats like Agent 47 from Hitman being able to reliably kill targets by throwing a sharp weapon like a knife at them from a few meters away counts as weapon mastery, since that's not easy to accomplish without impressive skill.
sure ig but IDK if shotting something accurately makes you a mastery in the normal sense

Back