• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BFDI Series Discussion Thread

so now that bfb 30 is out, what should we do about uni/high uni announcer? do the "bfb" and "bfdi" have anything special about that?
The BFDI and the BFB are merely blocks that can display all episodes of their seasons. They aren't special besides projecting light. Other evidence of the Announcer having fourth-dimensional capabilities stem from hax, the descriptions in his Powers and Abilities section are satisfactory and good.

if he can downgrade quality until nothing in any universe by wasting the "budget" then he should get "3-A with budget cuts" which makes sense since he was gonna destroy an entire universe(depending on the size)should be uni/uni+ right?

The quality getting worse isn't necessarily destroying anything, that's why the Announcer has universal range but not power via budget cuts. I'm pretty sure the budget being nothing just means the quality would be too bad for there to be new episodes in the series.

it was, leafy said "the budget is so low i may nit be able to use them" in reference to her paper slips, shoing that budget physically affected them. i dont know why we can't assume that it cant physically attack anything else(it can erase objects, why not this?)

A Box of Paper Slips didn't get destroyed, but the usage was nullified due to the papers and box being one entity. It was an effect of the budget being so low, but no damage was done. The Announcer erasing something is also considered negation. It is why him selling Vortex isn't support for the celestial power rank too.

i never said the paper slips were destroyed, i said that the budget cuts physically affected leafy, as she said the budget was so low that she couldn't use them. the budget cuts dont "destroy" anything, they would decrease the quality lower and lower until anything is a stalemate or it just disapears from existence.

if he can downgrade quality until nothing in any universe by wasting the "budget" then he should get "3-A with budget cuts" which makes sense since he was gonna destroy an entire universe(depending on the size)should be uni/uni+ right?
If he was going to erase all, he would've needed to destroy time which would be 4D, but nothing specified it at all, so it is 3D at default.

i never said the paper slips were destroyed, i said that the budget cuts physically affected leafy, as she said the budget was so low that she couldn't use them. the budget cuts dont "destroy" anything, they would decrease the quality lower and lower until anything is a stalemate or it just disapears from existence.
Physically affecting something doesn't undoubtedly mean potency for attacks. The Box of Paper Slips was merely a box of paper slips. Crushing a box doesn't prove a character to be universe level, so neither should making papers stuck inside a box. We don't know if the sun would've physically stopped having plasma or if it would've simply been erased from fiction. We don't know if all galaxies in the universe would've physically stop being powerful or if they would've simply been erased from fiction. Galaxies becoming lusterless and being low quality doodles is not a destructive feat. Galaxies becoming drawn as lines instead of countless individual dots is not a destructive feat. There is way too much context and information missing for the Announcer to have universe level power. All he did was waste the budget to make the show lower quality until it would've disappeared if the effects were not reverted, along with making papers unable to come out of a box.

Physically affecting something doesn't undoubtedly mean potency for attacks. The Box of Paper Slips was merely a box of paper slips. Crushing a box doesn't prove a character to be universe level, so neither should making papers stuck inside a box. We don't know if the sun would've physically stopped having plasma or if it would've simply been erased from fiction. We don't know if all galaxies in the universe would've physically stop being powerful or if they would've simply been erased from fiction. Galaxies becoming lusterless and being low quality doodles is not a destructive feat. Galaxies becoming drawn as lines instead of countless individual dots is not a destructive feat. There is way too much context and information missing for the Announcer to have universe level power. All he did was waste the budget to make the show lower quality until it would've disappeared if the effects were not reverted, along with making papers unable to come out of a box.
Btw, warping the universe until it "dissapears" would be 3-A.

HOWEVER, Considering what happened is that this happened due to the announcer needing to remove the budget over the course of a month, this would at max be a chain reaction over time, so this shouldn't count for any tiering.

Btw, warping the universe until it "dissapears" would be 3-A.

HOWEVER, Considering what happened is that this happened due to the announcer needing to remove the budget over the course of a month, this would at max be a chain reaction over time, so this shouldn't count for any tiering.
It is 3-A potency on the Announcer's negation, which means putting the information in rankings such as Attack Potency would be redundant rather than being an extensive explanation.
While that is how it happened, there was nothing stopping the Announcer from simply getting rid of all the money at once. It is natural to want to make the most out of money if one wants to get rid of it.

I want to add my page for Woody to the VS Battles Wiki now, but I want to know other people's opinions of something about it. Should I keep the separate keys for Woody's intelligence and weaknesses? Woody's personality has changed quite a lot since his debut. I put separate time period keys because Woody's outdated personality of being scared of everything even if it can't hurt him would make for some interesting battles. However, I think it is really weird to have entirely separate keys for only changes to the character's personality. I'm not sure what others will think of it.

unless woody has been shows to outsmart other contestants consistently(or vice versa), keep it as the sane as all the rest of the contestants.
I know what ranks he should have, but I want to know how to format it without separate keys for before BFB and when BFB happened. Woody improved himself drastically over time, and it looks awkward to have separate keys solely for his Intelligence rank.

his fear changed over time, but his intelligence most likely was consistent with other contestants. something like "same as other contestants but fear used to get in the way" since we had no way of telling how smart woody was until he got over his fears.

his fear changed over time, but his intelligence most likely was consistent with other contestants. something like "same as other contestants but fear used to get in the way" since we had no way of telling how smart woody was until he got over his fears.
I guess so. I haven't thought of it that way. Maybe instead of him being afraid of tests because he isn't smart, he was afraid of the fact that he was being tested. I know what to put now. Thank you. ✨

I think below average intelligence is better, as he still has struggle speaking english, chatacters of average intelligence are people with the intelligence of your average Joe, who woody is clearly behind
That would be better now that I think about it. I edited his Intelligence section and I think I'm satisfied with the page. I am going to upload it now.

That isn't even Woody, plus we never had those reasonings. Not that it matters since it is already linked to his Inorganic Physiology

Back