• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BFDI Series Discussion Thread

Yeah, but the budget rules of BFB only matter in that show, plus it would still be pretty useless in a fight since the only way they can do it is by bringing in random money and putting it in a laptop.

Only Announcer has a hax boost from this.

Speaking of this, the Announcer's budget cuts should be considered Plot Manipulation or Reality Warping which is not just simple BFR. As we now know being removed from the budget means being removed from the plot/being erased
The battle conditions can simply give the Announcer its fitting role. I think all it needs is be 'the host' of a show for it to work out.
Of course it's hax, I don't know why anyone can consider this physical. ✨
I also think BFR is a tad redundant if we already have Plot Manipulation on the profile. I already revised the page, so it can be your turn now if you want to remove BFR. (And if there isn't a refute against the exclusion of that ability.)

The battle conditions can simply give the Announcer its fitting role. I think all it needs is be 'the host' of a show for it to work out.
Of course it's hax, I don't know why anyone can consider this physical. ✨
I also think BFR is a tad redundant if we already have Plot Manipulation on the profile. I already revised the page, so it can be your turn now if you want to remove BFR. (And if there isn't a refute against the exclusion of that ability.)
He still has BFR because of the Laser Powered Teleportation Device

the money into the laptop isn’t a problem as money can be considered writing a number in paper(i.e. leafy‘s paper slips) and she was going to use it, but the budget was so low that she couldn’t even write anymore. Also, anyone who has control over the budget should have some kind of limited movement manipulation(if thats a thing) because it can restrict movements, and people can only do certain things while on low budget

Last edited:
the money into the laptop isn’t a problem as money can be considered writing a number in paper(i.e. leafy‘s paper slips) and she was going to use it, but the budget was so low that she couldn’t even write anymore. Also, anyone who has control over the budget should have some kind of limited movement manipulation(if thats a thing) because it can restrict movements, and people can only do certain things while on low budget
Movement manipulation is not a thing.

cool, then idk, i mean its for sure reality warping, but who has control of it shouldn’t be hard to decide, as everybody has been seen to have an effect on the budget as seen by anybody being able to interact with announcer’s laptop. What is hard to decide is whether or not this is combat applicable.

Thats not how Social Influencing works. You need to be skilled at manipulatIng them, but Loser never actually manipulates his fans.

but then again, maybe? I mean having more than 7.7 billion fans And having all of them listening to you like you’re the next coming of christ should be something. And what about david? One of him is easily comparable to a contestant and theres canonically enough clones of him to make up the size of at least a whole island.

In terms of the BFDI characters, Loser should get social influencing, but in terms of the VS Battles Wiki, Loser being described as being mainstream or having superfame does not apply. He is extremely popular among object characters, not different series. Social influencing is to be able to actually influence a character through their attributes. Yellow Face has social influencing because he is considered to have amazing skills at persuasion, for example. Loser being very popular isn't a an influencing skill, it is him being renowned for his musical performances by people who have seen it.

Should Announcer get Universal range with budget cuts? Given how he implies that the show will be no more (not just the competition, but the series as a whole) to the point everything was being reduced in animation style due to the lack of money, it could be enough to warrant a range like this.

Should Announcer get Universal range with budget cuts? Given how he implies that the show will be no more (not just the competition, but the series as a whole) to the point everything was being reduced in animation style due to the lack of money, it could be enough to warrant a range like this.
Shouldn't Announcer get Universal with reality warping?? Since he was about to remove the show.........

By the way, his match with Alex Russo is outdated due to the fact back then budget cuts were BFR and alex would be able to teleport back and kill Announcer, but now since budget cuts are reality warping, Announcer could think and erase her

That reasoning was more so a Toon Force/Fourth Wall ability, not Law Manipulation due to him doing things illogical and how its just Leafy acknowledging real life space compared to their version of space of how they are affected by it.

Regardless, Announcer has said that BFB as the entire show would end forever, as we see everything get affected, so thats still the reasoning to upgrade the range, which I already did.

That reasoning was more so a Toon Force/Fourth Wall ability, not Law Manipulation due to him doing things illogical and how its just Leafy acknowledging real life space compared to their version of space of how they are affected by it.

Regardless, Announcer has said that BFB as the entire show would end forever, as we see everything get affected, so thats still the reasoning to upgrade the range, which I already did.
I didn't say it was Law Manipulation, I wrote that the Announcer affected the laws of physics with budget cuts (that are a different ability). It's only range. I always interpreted the scene as it being the reason outer space in the series is different from outer space in real life.
I really don't think it's necessary to be so overly specific about how the show is being cancelled and not the competition. I think it is obvious, clarifying so much in the revision makes it look untidy.

While the announcer himself can budget cut without laptop(cause he’s the host) what i meant is that announcer is shown to use the laptop to buy and make things appear out if thin air. If other characters can affect this, then they should get the same abilities as announcer when he has the laptop

Question, do we have enough showings to indicate BFDI is a universe in size?? If not, the laptop and budget cuts would be 4-A

Question, do we have enough showings to indicate BFDI is a universe in size?? If not, the laptop and budget cuts would be 4-A
Pretty sure universe sized would actually be the default assumption since nothing implies it's smaller (In fact, the BFDI universe was actually heavily implied to be infinite in size by Cary. Since in his reaction to TPOT 1, after Nonexisty grows in size, Cary says that Nonexisty could potentially grow to take up all of outer space (All of the BFDI universe) and that doing so would make them infinitely large)

Pretty sure universe sized would actually be the default assumption since nothing implies it's smaller (In fact, the BFDI universe was actually heavily implied to be infinite in size by Cary. Since in his reaction to TPOT 1, after Nonexisty grows in size, Cary says that Nonexisty could potentially grow to take up all of outer space (All of the BFDI universe) and that doing so would make them infinitely large)
That's good, I am making a CRT for Announcer to get 3-A with budget cuts, now it confirms 3-A

cary also said on stream yesterday when asked about challenges happening the 5th dimension, he said something along the lines of “5th dimension? We haven’t even gotten to the fourth! We gotta work it up y’ know” though this was in a joking fashion. also wouldn’t destroying an infinite 3-D space be high 3-A?

Back