• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beyonder (Post-Retcon) Respect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Hey people.

A while ago I had decided that I would make analysis of the various Marvel Cosmic Characters, by reading into their Comic Appearances and compiling feats and statements.

The recent additions of the Heart of the Universe as an accepted Canon Thing, and the Pre-Retcon Beyonder's revisions were the first results of such result.

Now I made a lengthy blog detailing the powers of the Beyonder, Post-Retcon.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../Marvel_Cosmic_Analysis:_Post-Retcon_Beyonder

Give your thoughts.

I have given my thoughts to the blog. If the following upgrades are accepted, would the blog itself be linked to their respective profiles?

A few issues:

"Spider-Man and the Secret Wars" was an all-ages comic that came out along with various other out-of-continuity standalone severe distortions of old stories, such as "Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet", so Inhuman Beyonder has to be rated as Unknown.

The Celestials were seemingly retconned into being strictly Low 2-C in scale with the "Heroes Return" miniseries of the late 1990s.

I do not have an issue with most of the other ratings, but they may cause conflict with the Celestials being stated as much stronger.

The 2-A rating for the child of the Beyonders version seems a bit speculative though.

Also, the Living Tribunal was retconned from being the guardian of "all" multiverses, into the embodiment of the totality of the Marvel multiverse alone during the latest Secret Wars event.

Spider-Man and the Secret Wars was released around the same time as Inhuman Beyonder, so we can powerscale from the two.

Low 2-C Celestials is a massive lowball. They have better feats than that throughout the issues, so we can't simply ignore feats based on lower-ends.

I don't think it's speculative, and most people agreed with me. His realm is the birth of all things in all universes, and he can effectively do anything in this realm.

Sure, Time Runs Out treated things as just one Multiverse, but this doesn't erase the far greater quantity of older comics that show more than one.

I strongly disagree about Spider-Man and the Secret Wars being a part of regular continuity, when Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet, that was part of the same self-contained all-ages imprint, was very clearly not.

Well, I suppose that you are right, but there are enormous inconsistencies within Marvel that I wish would not be there. For example, it makes no sense for an explicitly universal character such as regular Eternity to be rated higher than Low 2-C, and yet he is usually portrayed as stronger than the Celestials.

Okay then.

Well, it is the latest, and by far most prominent, version of things. A major recent event holds more relevance than an obscure old mention of the Tribunal being the guardian of all multiverses.

Thank you. However, I would prefer if there were header images for Kosmos and the "child of the Beyonders" versions as well.

Thanks. You can use the old one for the child unit of the Beyonders.

I can't stand any of the psychotic troll grin Beyonder images. The current versions are fine.

It is, yes. He harrassed me for 3 years after all. I used to like the Beyonder character before he came along. After Wikia's staff finally warned him to stop, he has left me alone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back