• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The real cal howard said:
Seriously, how can you write this well for any of those people? Autowin buttons are tacky and make for lame conflict and resistances out of nowhere are just as tacky with the addition of being lazy way outs...
Nihilus and Jill's case? By having the story not focusing on the powers themselves and more on the conflict they bring. Pretty easy, actually.

Seriously, play the KOTOR series and read The Sandman and Lucifer. You won't be disappointed. (I hope ovo)

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Seriously, how can you write this well for any of those people? Autowin buttons are tacky and make for lame conflict and resistances out of nowhere are just as tacky with the addition of being lazy way outs...
Nihilus and Jill's case? By having the story not focusing on the powers themselves and more on the conflict they bring. Pretty easy, actually.
Seriously, play the KOTOR series and read The Sandman and Lucifer. You won't be disappointed. (I hope ovo)
By this do you mean focusing on the characters conflicts and such (Havn't read sandman in years kek)

Indeed. Meetra didn't simply overcame a monster capable of eating planets. The story build up their conflict as something Meetra herself could've become. She overcame herself when she defeated Nihilus. She fought her past decisions, she fought for hers and the future of what she believed in: Life and The Force.

Jill was failing in life. Failing in everything, the Basanos provided an easy escape, at the cost of her freedom. When she realized this, it was too late. It was very human, seeing her seduced by power, only to try and fight back for her life and, funny enough, destiny. It was a simple yet effective metaphor, specially when looking at the consequences of her actions regarding the overall story.

Honestly, having ridiculous overpowered characters leads to one of two different possibilities.

1. The story is a poorly written wish-fulfillment fantasy, filled with a generic mary-sue type character.

2. The story has a deep sense of self and is about the characters, not the powers. No matter how powerful your character is, there is always room for interesting character interactions and compelling personalities.

Ok so in terms of Pure Mind Hax whos is better Matian Man Hunter or Darth Nihilus?

Hmm didnt think it would be infinite, just have heard about how strong Nihilus' Mind Hax where and compared him to the first psychic that came to my head... guess I should used another one kek.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Jill was failing in life. Failing in everything, the Basanos provided an easy escape, at the cost of her freedom. When she realized this, it was too late. It was very human, seeing her seduced by power, only to try and fight back for her life and, funny enough, destiny. It was a simple yet effective metaphor, specially when looking at the consequences of her actions regarding the overall story.
Beautifully put.

Also, I dont know if this count as mind hax but Captain Adam can connect his mind with that of the Monitor-Mind The Overvoid

Yeah I dont think thats mind hax... now if this was best mind based powers it would definitely be on that list.

Ah Vertigo the place where you can find some of the most OP smurfs, hax and characters... really need to catch up on it.

Disclaimer-Yet another one of Cal's anti hax rants.

Okay, rant over
Don't agree with all of that FRA, but I do agree with resistances out of nowhere being annoying.

A resistance should have a legitamate reason for existing, and have that reason be acknowledged. If a character has an autowin button as you mentioned, and then someone fighting him just completely ignores that autowin button in their fight without it being explained how they are ignoring it, that pisses me off.

Back