• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserker of Black vs Laxus Dreyar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here for a different Nasuverse matchup to the usual! Gil gets too much exposure anyway (and I don't exactly help, but... *grumbles incoherently*)

I don't think either of them can hurt each other with their main abilties, as they can just absorb each other's lightning and electricity with Galvanism, Lady's and Dragon Slayer powers. Plus if Laxus transforms into lightning there is a chance he himself will be absorbed. Bridal Chest would also help Berserker resist/absorb the other magical abilities of Laxus like Fairy Law, though I don't think it would be able to resist it all.

Lament of the living is another interesting addition to this match up that could potentially give Berserker the win if used at the right time, by paralsying and stunning Laxus, though his strong will would make him able to continue moving, if unable to breathe. This could also potentially stop him from eating Lightning, as he can't inhale it to eat it, so if she follows up Lament with Blasted Tree that would do a very significant amount of damage to him.

However, she is still a berseker, and thus her mad enhancement means she is not very intelligent, so tactics like that would probably be beyond her. Overall, I would give this as a very very high diff (6/10) win to Laxus due to his superior intelligence allowing him to formulate a strategy rather than simply continuing to fight.

Well, it's not that it's beyond her, she just considers it exhausting to make complex thoughts and statements. She's actually still conscious enough to unplug appliances and turn off the lights when no one's using them.

Lament of the Falsely Living used in conjunction with blasted tree could let Berserker one shot him assuming that the stun stops Laxus from eating the lightning. Laxus's superior intellect could let him win if he can formulate a strategy in time assuming that Berserker doesn't immediately go for the Lament-Blasted tree combo. Overall I give this a very high diff 6/10 win for Berserker.

Berserker due LOTFL and her regen giving her an edge in a prolonged battle since Laxus cannot regen and will just keep taking damage till he dies; He may be able to do some thing stratagy wise but i cannot imagine him being able to anything that would be all that effective.

Didn't Laxus beat Wahl, who is, if I'm not wrong, a...uh...creature not unlike Fran here?

That should give him a fighting chance. After all, he does have experience fighting advanced artificial units.

On the other hand, Fran's Hollow Lament and the fact that her fighting with Laxus means she has a very steady source of power is going to be hard to handle. Her absorption is not with the Crest, but with another mechanism inside her chest, I think.

Does Laxus have any feats that lets him stand a chance against Hollow Lament?

His high-output attacks can injure her--and not lightly at that--but he's obviously at a compatibility disadvantage here, though not by too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back