• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk: Slight God Hand Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Griffith's (When turned into God Hand) powers are described by Skull Knight here. Since Griffith is described as being an "Author" who exists beyond reason of the physical world, perhaps "Acausality" would be a fitting ability to add onto his (and the rest of the God Hand's when we make them) page.

Any objections?

Yeah, the rest of the God Hand should scale to Griffith. However we do not have their pages and know far to little of them atm besides Slan,Void and Ubik so we should worry about their pages at a later date.

I don't think so, the proof here isn't near solid enough for me (This is a pretty massive jump in hax and is going to need a bit more evidence for me)

LordAizenSama said:
I don't think so, the proof here isn't near solid enough for me
"Acausality is defined as the ability to exist outside of causality, or the natural flow of manipulation defined by cause and effect."

Skull Knight essentially says in this panel that to challenge Griffith (the author), you will have to be acausual (exist outside the story) in order to challenge him. As he has already written the down the events which will play out so to speak. Skull Knight's sentance "One must also live outside the story" which confirms Griffith also exists outside of it. He is also mentioned to existing beyond the reason of the physical world. It's as much proof as one can get.

Yeah, I dunno. I'm personally skeptical, although i'm by no means the best person to ask about this.

let's see what others think. yeah?

Ah another thing, Griffith's charisma has also significantly increased. To the point where people bow before him and think it's their destiny to do so at his mere presence.

Not sure of an appropriate ability for this.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Ah another thing, Griffith's charisma has also significantly increased. To the point where people bow before him and think it's their destiny to do so at his mere presence.

Not sure of an appropriate ability for this.
Morale manipulation?

Well, he should preferably get some sort of ability from this.

I am just uncertain whether "exists beyond reason of the physical world" is synonymous with "the ability to exist outside of causality, or the natural flow of manipulation defined by cause and effect".

Perhaps it would be best to wait and see what specifically that this means?

Antvasima said:

I am just uncertain whether "exists beyond reason of the physical world" is synonymous with "the ability to exist outside of causality, or the natural flow of manipulation defined by cause and effect".

I agree, lets,see how acasual he is

Grudgeman1706 said:
Seems alright, but to what extent is he acasual
acasual is usually not really "measurable", the same with someone who has the power to ignore durability, mostlikely it is simply a hax ability which does what it says, i doubt that the extend of time-space manipulation will someone affect such a being :/

as for this thread: i wouldnt mind that, it seems ok with the skull kings explanation :)

@antvasima

since griff got likened with a "author" i think he is indeed outside of the in-verse universes "natural flow",

a author is also not bound to anything in his story, he can define and change whatever he wants ^_^

Antvasima said:
The reasoning for acausality is less about the statement you mentioned and more to do with the "Author" analogy, it depicts Griffith as both simultaneously writing down events within the story (story being the setting of Berserk) and existing outside it. Which is in line with our defination of a acausual being.

btw, i remember a episode where bugs bunny was writing one of the cartoons where the disney chars have their adventures, would it also count for him?

It sounds more like a limited version of "author authority", I think.

Is author authority just another depiction of causality manipulation? As they both essentially are about deciding events and what not. The action of Griffith being the one writing down the story grants him this power however existing outside it would also warrant Acausality yes? @Ant

@AMM I suppose so. Maybe "Possibly Acausality (Exists outside of the story)" is appropriate?

Okay. Let's wait to see what the other staff members think.

Antvasima said:

It's more about being able to understand the context of Skull Knight's statement within the series itself and its trends and themes. The Skull Knight is definitely talking about causality, and about the God Hand existing outside of causality, because of how the series has always had causality as one of its biggest themes and how the Skull Knight, before this point even, always LOVED to talk about causality in-particular, it's like half of what he talks about, seriously. When they talk about the "reason of the physical world" in Berserk, they are always talking about causality. Moreover, the "fish jumping out of the river" analogy has also been used for Guts in regards to this before, and is also referring to beings such as the God Hand being Acausal in nature and Guts thus needing to somehow become Acausal himself in order to have a chance against them.

As a hardcore Berserk fan who has read every chapter literally five times or more, I believe that the only way to possibly interpret Skull Knight's statement, within the context of the series, is that Griffith/Femto is acausal.

At least, that's my own personal opinion.

@Goodyfresh Okay then. Feel free to add the ability. I suppose that we can remove it later if it turns out to be wrong.

I am uncertain. What do the rest of the staff think?

Griffith and Zodd make it very clear that the whole event takes place within a dream, and Griffith being able to harm Zodd within it would not be just a simple telepathic connection. One of the applications of "Dream Manipulation" is to attack someone within it.

Well, "Possibly Acausality (Exists outside of the story)" is okay. I am uncertain about the rest. Can you explain the circumstances for each a bit further?

Spatial Manipulation due to Skull Knight trying to attack Femto with his Sword of Resonance (which is stated to be able to cut through space) it looks like Femto is struck, but then negates the attack completely. Skull Knight elaborates how he managed to do this, hence the quote "You must of distorted space"

Dream Manipulation is due to being able to infiltrate and even interact with people within their dreams, which carry out into reality. e.g Zodd being struck in his dream by Griffith and keeping the damage dealt after waking up.

Empathic Manipulation due to Femto's mere presence being enough to make people bow down to his will, he performs this to various other characters throughout the series as Femto

Alright. Perhaps I should close this then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back