• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God Hand Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So yeah I revised horizon shit which means God Hand's calc changes, but as I was working on that I thought I might as well overhaul Gene's profile, here y'go.

Things of note:
  • Fixed P&A a bit, didn't really add any powers I think (don't wanna go back and check but like 70% sure) just added scans and elaborated on descriptions, also removed Danmaku cause rapid-firing energy attacks isn't enough for that.
  • I split his first key into two, there's a pretty obvious growth in power (as evidenced in his 2nd key's AP section). I was unsure whether NG+ moves should go into his second or third key, but you don't really keep the second GH by the time you actually get them so I went with key 2. I'm fine with changing it though, it's pretty arbitrary either way.
  • I went through the guidebook and Azel has a really explicit statement that says his power goes up by 1.5x when he unleashes his Devil Hand, which, for those who haven't played GH (big mistake, go fix that), is literally just the same as Gene's God Hand, he just called it that cause he thinks God Hand sounds dumb, no I am not simplifying that is literally just the reason. Anyways yeah awesome multiplier cool cool very cool yeah uh uh yeah.
  • So uh this is the biggest thing or whatever but you know Elvis' statement of being 100 times stronger as a demon? We currently don't use that because it is like, a massive multiplier without too much evidence or whatever, yeah. And while that's true I actually think that it works out pretty well when you look at how the numbers line up. The strongest early game feats (performed before you fight Elvis' human form for the second time), multiplied by 100, is only 1.89x higher than the calculated High 8-C feat for shooting demon Elvis into the air (which I should mention isn't something Elvis has too much issue tanking, it's just an attack like any other). Our multipliers page stresses the importance of feats backing up the multiplied statistic, and I think that's definitely there. Additionally I would argue that a big jump in power makes sense narratively. In stage 4, which is the stage right before the demon Elvis fight, Gene gets his ass kicked by Azel, who he then goes on to beat in the endgame. Azel even one-shots a trio of minibosses, stressing the power gap further. Even just by learning new techniques Gene can multiply his striking power by several times. So uh TLDR big number but also not that big compared to the calc and also it makes sense i think i guess yeah.

Everything looks alright, if you want to be super conservative you can put the 100x multiplier behind a likely/possibly, but it should be fine even without it.

Everything looks alright, if you want to be super conservative you can put the 100x multiplier behind a likely/possibly, but it should be fine even without it.
I would if it was a bigger gap but then it'd have to be something like "At least High 8-C, higher with God Hand Release, possibly High 8-C, 8-B with God Hand Release" and that just feels weird

Oh by the way, I'm changing the demon lords' profiles to no longer have two keys because that implies a timeskip while they can transform any time they want, which would potentially be relevant in a match

I imply that if a transformation occurs, and this transformation brings forth numerous distinct abilities beyond its usual state, it seems reasonable to bestow upon it a unique key of its own.

I've never really seen it that way. Look at Goku's profile, stuff like Super Saiyan and Kaio-Ken is just listed in the same key, and the profile is split by timeline instead

No, keys are meant to differentiate between points in time or drastical changes that don't reflect a single point in time for the character.

If a trasformation brings new abilities, you just write them separately in the P&A.

Key: For characters who have transformation stages/power-ups or who become stronger through certain points of the story, insert those transformations/power-ups/timelines here in bold.
If the Powers and Abilities section of a profile becomes extremely lengthy due to a massive amount of abilities, you should use tabbers to divide them into categories. In case of a character with multiple keys the abilities must be grouped into tabbers that are named after respective keys.
If the character has a key that directly inherits the previous key's abilities, the list of them should be shortened to phrase "All prior abilities" or "All former abilities".
I would suggest that it could be classified as a “transformation” as well, in cases where a character possesses numerous abilities. I would recommend distinguishing this aspect from the primary attribute, particularly for characters equipped with both a “standard key” and a “transformation key.”

I mean, I have seen many profiles. Not saying your interpretation is false, I simply viewed it from another perspective.

That's simply the page being outdated tbh, we stopped separating transformations behind keys ages alone.

That's simply the page being outdated tbh, we stopped separating transformations behind keys ages alone.
I've observed this as a probable pattern (one I still frequently employ, as I don't perceive any problem with a transformation having its own identifier). On occasion, these alterations also yield increased or decreased statistics. This aspect should also be acknowledged.

(I am not arguing, simply extending my perspective in a rational discourse)

when the huevon says something so demonphobic you gotta hit him with the viewtiful elvis stare
566151-932558_20061006_screen028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back