• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk: Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Checked over two calculations and realized some fatal flaws within them

The Wyald calculation we currently use is flawed, and uses heavy assumptions. So I made a revision on it and got Hypersonic (mach 6.3) on it.

The calculation I made regarding Guts putting up his sword to change the lightnings direction is flawed in one regard, that I assumed Guts placed up the Dragon Slayer after this panel . On closer inspection, it appears that you can see the Dragon Slayer is already placed down in the panel. Which now ends up leading us to wonder when he actually placed it into the ground, an unknown timeframe.

As a result, it appears that we will have to change what Guts' speed is. Thankfully there is another calculation involving Serpico striking the step of a lightning bolt which definately looks legitimate; is calced at High Hypersonic. And this can be scaled to Guts, even for his combat speed (as the calculation involved Serpico striking lightning with his slyph sword.) And since Guts can definately match Serpico in combat, perhaps "Large Building" via kinetic energy would work since Serpico has stated that Guts gets the full power through it's velocity

This not only messes around with Guts' speed, but his attack potency/durability. Here are my proposals (Black Swordsman Guts btw)

Attack Potency: At least Building level (Is able to do battle with apostles who have the capacity to injure him)

Durability: At least Building level (was able to withstand multiple direct lightning bolts from Ganishka; said lightning bolts are able to incinerate apostles)

I think Guts' Dragon Slayer should have City Block durability based on this calculation . Guts does not scale, since he did not recieve as much of the blast compared to the Dragon Slayer.

Wow, I must have been blind when I made this post. AMM's suggestion in regards to the KE of the DragonSlayer sounds fine then.

Guts' speed with the dragonslayer = Serpico's speed btw.

Please note that the feat was a result of Shrieke's magical power, the Dragon Slayer just happened to withstand the explosion. Guts' ap does not scale to it.

Yeah, I have some doubts as to whether or not the Dragon Slayer's kinetic energy should scale to Guts' durability*. For the mean time I will presume they don't since me swinging a sword, does not equate to me being able to tank my sword blows. Since it's not like distributing energy via punching.

I'll update the pages soon, gonna wait it out for any comments.

EDIT: I did not mean to write ap, my bad.

I vaguely remember Guts being able to lift up the mast of a ship whilst wearing it, that would be a hefty lifting strength upgrade I'd say.

Berserker Armor Guts will have "Higher" as a statistic, or "At least x likely higher" to compensate for a stated yet undeterminable increase in power/speed.

I'm not entirely sure, but I would most likely just rank it as Building/Large Building. Since Grunbeld's apostle form seems to be on par with Zodds.

There is something fairly intriguing though, and it's Guts being able to cut through a waterspout ,withstand a direct hit by one, and staying within it without suffering much injuries.

And by the way, Berserker Armor does not affect durability. It only strips him of the sensation of pain and keeps his body in place to mend any bones that are broken/out of place. So the Berserker Armor should not have it's own category for durability, and only for AP/Speed. Since without feeling pain, he can achieve higher levels of power and dexterity but via braking bones to do the job.

Does this downgrade affect the tiers of the Skull Knight, Nosferatu Zodd and Griffith or it was only for Guts and Serpico.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Im okay with that, question is what would he be rated as, at least large building level?
Yeah he should, if Guts can tank the ke of his swings yet be harmed by Ganishka's lightning then yeah Serpico scales via nullifying the lightning bolt (Ganishka's lightning being able to incinerate apostles definately implies it's stronger than the average lightning bolt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back