• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts - Speed revision (Berserk)

I began discussing this in another thread.

But short and concise, I think both of Guts' best speed feats are presented incorrectly.

The Rosine feat.
She's blatantly depicted as supersonic, as she creates sonic booms and creates thunderous sounds breaking the soundwave when she passes Guts at top speed.

However, Guts is crystal clear that he can't see her attacks at these speeds.
She also suggests she's moving too fast to attack properly with only one stinger/antenna at these speeds.

Guts doesn't react to her attacks when she's supersonic but is able to brace himself. This seems to be the only example of him somewhat reacting to her at her top speed.
When Guts' is able to latch on to her stinger, both the first and the last time (the latter being what the calc is based on) she's intentionally moving slower, and Guts' can now see her attack.

When Rosine, who's now heavily damaged, with an injured wing, sword, and cannon through her body, tries to attack Guts again from a short distance nonetheless, he's able to see her, turn his head, and latch her stringer/antenna to his face. There are also none of the prior supersonic elements or clues to this instance.
This wouldn't be possible if she was moving at her supersonic or top speeds. Which makes the assumption of her moving at top speed on the current calculation on Guts' site invalid.

The chapters in question are 112 - 115.

The Ganiska and lightning feat.
This one is pretty simple.
Ganiska is shown to manifest lightning before and unrelated to attacks on several occasions.
While the current calc assumes the lightning is already and always moving towards the target once depicted in Ganiska's mist/cloud form, which just isn't correct.

Also discussed this on ComicVine, where I provide some examples.

Just rereading chapters 274 - 277 where this takes place without the prior assumption that Ganiska can't manifest lightning or electricity without launching it toward his enemies, this is pretty obvious to me. But I'm opening a discussion here.

And to be clear, these are the current calcs on his VsBattle Page which I'm questioning.
Speed: High Hypersonic+ combat speeds and reactions (Could react to Rosine charging towards him mere inches away)
High Hypersonic+ with Berserker Armor (Capable of dodging lightning)

Last edited:
I'm back for a while. Hoping to ensure some of the calcs on the site are "fool-proof".
Bumping this thread, and I'll address some other feats shortly.

Back