• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berkely Cardinal

You cannot be physical by a dimensional sense and reach tier 0 though that's completely contradictory unless the verse has somehow connected large cardinals to physicality.
Quote the tiering system saying that anywhere

And also I don't see how it would be an NLF idea when if a verse has only shown mathematics extending up to a 5D model, simply the mention of a tegmark multiverse automatically gets the verse to low outer without futher qualifications. This alone would be a "No Limits Fallacy" by other instances but somehow this instance is accepted.
Yes exactly. This wiki allows NLFs to some extent which is kinda arbitrary and I disagree with it.

Also if the very theory of max tegmark, word per word is contained within the verse, and it also mentions Max Tegmark as the maker of said theory, and the existence of a tegmark multiverse is not deducted just by a mention of "a mathematical ensemble" I cannot see this being a NLF by any constructive means without nitpicking what applies under the fallacy and what doesn't per instance which would just completely make the use of the fallacy inherently meaningless.
A verse can use omnipotence and copy paste it's definition word to word but we don't just assume they can do absolutely anything. It's the same situation here

Yes exactly. This wiki allows NLFs to some extent which is kinda arbitrary and I disagree with it.

A verse can use omnipotence and copy paste it's definition word to word but we don't just assume they can do absolutely anything. It's the same situation here

It is arbitrary because the very definition of omnipotence is invalid, your example is disanogous to my argument completely. A Tegmark Multiverse isn't supported to be anything like omnipotence just something containing all of mathematics. Mathematics has a very very clear domain and it does have a logical limit.

But still, since the wiki somehow allows this NFL I don't think we should be attacking it for the sake of attacking it even though it's being used in verses constantly; either allow it everywhere is nowhere.

And also about the first thing you asked me to quote.

Speed tiering! Irrelevant speed is granted to anyone above low 1-A automatically. If a 3d human with tier 0 ap came along, they'd be granted irrelevant speed even though they're unable to do what the irrelevant speed tier is exactly, due to them being 3 dimensional. So either the wiki is inconsistent or your argument is inconsistent, but since your argument is in reference of the wiki the first one isn't possible without invalidating your premise

It is arbitrary because the very definition of omnipotence is invalid, your example is disanogous to my argument completely. A Tegmark Multiverse isn't supported to be anything like omnipotence just something containing all of mathematics. Mathematics has a very very clear domain and it does have a logical limit.
The definition of Omnipotence isn't invalid. Also mathematics isn't a rigorously defined thing so it doesn't have any kind of rigorous logical limit. It's quite literally a similar idea to Omnipotence. Omnipotent beings can do anything definable via language and type 4 multiverses contain anything definable via mathematics. And mathematics is pretty much the same thing as a language.

Speed tiering! Irrelevant speed is granted to anyone above low 1-A automatically. If a 3d human with tier 0 ap came along, they'd be granted irrelevant speed even though they're unable to do what the irrelevant speed tier is exactly, due to them being 3 dimensional. So either the wiki is inconsistent or your argument is inconsistent, but since your argument is in reference of the wiki the first one isn't possible without invalidating your premise
If only their ap is tier 0 then obviously they won't get irrelevant speed if they can't travel through 1-A sized realms. Moreover this is a super weird non sequitur and I don't see how it relates to what I said at all.

The definition of Omnipotence isn't invalid. Also mathematics isn't a rigorously defined thing so it doesn't have any kind of rigorous logical limit. It's quite literally a similar idea to Omnipotence. Omnipotent beings can do anything definable via language and type 4 multiverses contain anything definable via mathematics. And mathematics is pretty much the same thing as a language.

If only their ap is tier 0 then obviously they won't get irrelevant speed if they can't travel through 1-A sized realms. Moreover this is a super weird non sequitur and I don't see how it relates to what I said at all.

About the irrelevant speed, yes they will do, everyone who qualifies for 1-A and higher automatically gets it without further context or justification. Name a single instance/profile where this has not been the case in exactly or name a single instance within the wiki to justify your argument. Also I don't see how anything I said was uncontextual, you asked me to refer to the tiering standards we use and I did.

Mathematics does have a very specific limit that being the presupposition of the 0=1 axiom, nothing in mathematics can go beyond it without contradicting the definition of said equality. And also saying that only "rigourously" defined stuff have logical limits is completely invalid. And for the instance of that being the case, refer to the example I gave above. And thus, since it is something that has a domain and a true end point, mathematics that is, I don't see how it would even match to an attribute which means the exact opposite, aka not having a domain or endpoint.

And also, Omnipotence, at least by your definition which I disagree with, is not of reason at all. Being able to do anything that's able to be expressed in language would mean that "omnipotent" beings would be inherently illogical. Why? They'd simply be able to actualise the action of "do something which is illogical in reference to every possible, impossible logical system". I don't believe I even need to explain to how this is complete nonsense. So this definition of omnipotence even in reason doesn't stand at all. Also you said language is the same as mathematics? That is complete nonsense, in language you can make any statement without any rules limiting you from doing so, but in mathematics you cannot since there are rules that limit one from making statements which are invalid.

Last edited:
About the irrelevant speed, yes they will do, everyone who qualifies for 1-A and higher automatically gets it without further context or justification. Name a single instance/profile where this has not been the case in exactly or name a single instance within the wiki to justify your argument. Also I don't see how anything I said was uncontextual, you asked me to refer to the tiering standards we use and I did.
Because most Characters that have AP on that level also have feats of travelling through realms of that size, obviously. What you said was uncontextual because it had no relation to physicality and it's place in the tiering.

Mathematics does have a very specific limit that being the presupposition of the 0=1 axiom, nothing in mathematics can go beyond it without contradicting the definition of said equality.
The 0=1 axiom is literally equivalent to Omnipotence. It's the limit because it can be used to prove absolutely any statement as true. It explodes into triviality. It's quite literally the same as saying omnipotence is the limit of language.

Being able to do anything that's able to be expressed in language would mean that "omnipotent" beings would be inherently illogical. Why? They'd simply be able to actualise the action of "do something which is illogical in reference to every possible, impossible logical system". I don't believe I even need to explain to how this is complete nonsense. So this definition of omnipotence even in reason doesn't stand at all.
Exactly. That is why I only use the logical notion of Omnipotence, as in statements that are illogical are not statements at all. Logical omnipotence would still be the maximum possible limit of any cosmology. And type 4 multiverses by definition can't be surpassed by any other structure since they encompass everything. Yet you are somehow fine with WoD's type 4 multiverse not being the end all be all of the cosmology

That is complete nonsense, in language you can make any statement without any rules limiting you from doing so, but in mathematics you cannot since there are rules that limit one from making statements which are invalid.
What rules limit mathematics? Aside from the 0=1 you mentioned which is literally just triviality

Because most Characters that have AP on that level also have feats of travelling through realms of that size, obviously. What you said was uncontextual because it had no relation to physicality and it's place in the tiering.

The 0=1 axiom is literally equivalent to Omnipotence. It's the limit because it can be used to prove absolutely any statement as true. It explodes into triviality. It's quite literally the same as saying omnipotence is the limit of language.

Exactly. That is why I only use the logical notion of Omnipotence, as in statements that are illogical are not statements at all. Logical omnipotence would still be the maximum possible limit of any cosmology. And type 4 multiverses by definition can't be surpassed by any other structure since they encompass everything. Yet you are somehow fine with WoD's type 4 multiverse not being the end all be all of the cosmology

What rules limit mathematics? Aside from the 0=1 you mentioned which is literally just triviality

But it is the end in world of darkness? Its verbatim that every realm/structure that is within the cosmology is just an exploration of the tegmark multiverse, the source of the tegmark multiverse is simply the astral realm which holds the "abstract idea" with the perfect application of the theory and every other realm/construct etc is just it's extension. It still holds the idea that nothing can go outside of its range.

However, since you're defining logical omnipotence as the highest possible cosmology something can be that would still translate to the tegmark multiverse. Also I see you're splitting your definition into logical and general omnipotence now? Which by the way does not make any sense at all since being "logically" omnipotence would put a direct limit onto your power which would literally contradict the notion of omnipotence. You're trying to split the word into categories to match your argument and then attack the word directly.

There's many limits in mathematics though, division by zero is another one. As mentioned, there's rules, language doesn't have any.

But it is the end in world of darkness? Its verbatim that every realm/structure that is within the cosmology is just an exploration of the tegmark multiverse, the source of the tegmark multiverse is simply the astral realm which holds the "abstract idea" with the perfect application of the theory and every other realm/construct etc is just it's extension. It still holds the idea that nothing can go outside of its range.
From what I heard there's literally a void outside it, so

However, since you're defining logical omnipotence as the highest possible cosmology something can be that would still translate to the tegmark multiverse. Also I see you're splitting your definition into logical and general omnipotence now? Which by the way does not make any sense at all since being "logically" omnipotence would put a direct limit onto your power which would literally contradict the notion of omnipotence. You're trying to split the word into categories to match your argument and then attack the word directly.
No there is no limit to Omnipotence in this case since illogical statements don't define "things" at all. It can still do anything that isn't logically inconsistent.

There's many limits in mathematics though, division by zero is another one. As mentioned, there's rules, language doesn't have any.
You can probably just construct some weird system where division by 0 is possible. I don't think it's a limit of Omnipotence. Plus the same thing can be applied to language: any statements that are self Contradictory are not statements at all and don't define or explain or pertain to anything

From what I heard there's literally a void outside it, so

No there is no limit to Omnipotence in this case since illogical statements don't define "things" at all. It can still do anything that isn't logically inconsistent.

You can probably just construct some weird system where division by 0 is possible. I don't think it's a limit of Omnipotence. Plus the same thing can be applied to language: any statements that are self Contradictory are not statements at all and don't define or explain or pertain to anything

No the void is simply the end of the cosmology, it's not outside of the tegmark multiverse, it's just the "highest something can be" nothing else.

And the same thing cannot be applied in language, nothing is stopping me from making a statement which is self contradictory, this is you creating an arbitrary system where you're not allowing me to make said statement, this rule doesn't exist in language itself. Unlike in mathematics were said rules are what founds everything within the system entirely.

You are saying there's not a limit to omnipotence, but you're literally putting a limit to it (that being logic)? That's completely self defeating. If you believe omnipotence doesn't have any limits then what you defined before in argument to try and dismiss my reasoning is not, per your own definition, omnipotence.

By the way, per your own use of the word, one in fiction could not be "spatiotemporality omnipotent" which is literally just low outer lmao.

And the same thing cannot be applied in language, nothing is stopping me from making a statement which is self contradictory, this is you creating an arbitrary system where you're not allowing me to make said statement, this rule doesn't exist in language itself. Unlike in mathematics were said rules are what founds everything within the system entirely.
And what's stopping me from writing 0=1 in maths? Oh yeah, it would explode into triviality. Same with language.

You are saying there's not a limit to omnipotence, but you're literally putting a limit to it (that being logic)? That's completely self defeating. If you believe omnipotence doesn't have any limits then what you defined before in argument to try and dismiss my reasoning is not, per your own definition, omnipotence.
In this interpretation logic isn't a limit, but rather things outside logic aren't things at all. Illogical statements don't define or explain anything, hence they don't define any upper limits. "If a character can't make 1+1=blue they aren't omnipotent" is an inherently nonsensical question asking someone to do an inherently nonsensical thing that has no meaning and doesn't define any limit to the ability to do anything.

By the way, per your own use of the word, one in fiction could not be "spatiotemporality omnipotent" which is literally just low outer lmao.
Elaborate please. If you mean that no character in fiction can be truly above all forms of space time then I agree since most characters in fiction are shown to participate in change.

And what's stopping me from writing 0=1 in maths? Oh yeah, it would explode into triviality. Same with language.

In this interpretation logic isn't a limit, but rather things outside logic aren't things at all. Illogical statements don't define or explain anything, hence they don't define any upper limits. "If a character can't make 1+1=blue they aren't omnipotent" is an inherently nonsensical question asking someone to do an inherently nonsensical thing that has no meaning and doesn't define any limit to the ability to do anything.

Elaborate please. If you mean that no character in fiction can be truly above all forms of space time then I agree since most characters in fiction are shown to participate in change.

Nothing is stopping you from writing, but that statement would be inherently wrong in the system of mathematics because there's a preset of rules that define why 1 is not 0 within the system of mathematics. Unlike language where there's NO system to stop me from saying "I am English, but I am not English". You'd be using a different system like logic to invalidate my statement, but in language alone, nobody is stopping me from making that statement and in language it is not invalid. In logic sure, but not in language. Unless you argue language has to follow logic which if its the case, you'd be invalidating your own premise.

And yes if a truly "limitless" entity were to exist, they must have the ability to do "1+1=blue" because as you said, in your own term of omnipotence, they're limitless, and them not being able to actualise that action, means that there's an incoherent meaning to their power. But they obviously cannot make that action true because it is an illogical action, which means your notion of omnipotence is completely irrational. You're nit-picking to fit your narrative.

Last edited:
Nothing is stopping you from writing, but that statement would be inherently wrong in the system of mathematics because there's a preset of rules that define why 1 is not 0 within the system of mathematics.
There's no rule stopping me from writing 0=1(literally just did). It would just be a Contradictory equation. The same way you can make Contradictory statements in English. It's literally the same thing. Laws of logic make Contradictory statements invalid. But you can still write them in english. Same with maths.

And yes if a truly "limitless" entity were to exist, they must have the ability to do "1+1=blue" because as you said, in your own term of omnipotence, they're limitless, and them not being able to actualise that action, means that there's an incoherent meaning to their power. But they obviously cannot make that action true because it is an illogical action, which means your notion of omnipotence is completely irrational. You're nit-picking to fit your narrative.
They don't need to actualise that action, because it's not even an "action". There is nothing for them to do. It's the same as asking omnipotence to actualise "(32992?$/$!$!". Literally a meaningless incoherent statement. But it's clear to me that you aren't actually reading anything I am typing, and this is just going circular. Unless you have anything new to say aside from repeating the same thing please don't consider responding

There's no rule stopping me from writing 0=1(literally just did). It would just be a Contradictory equation. The same way you can make Contradictory statements in English. It's literally the same thing. Laws of logic make Contradictory statements invalid. But you can still write them in english. Same with maths.

They don't need to actualise that action, because it's not even an "action". There is nothing for them to do. It's the same as asking omnipotence to actualise "(32992?$/$!$!". Literally a meaningless incoherent statement. But it's clear to me that you aren't actually reading anything I am typing, and this is just going circular. Unless you have anything new to say aside from repeating the same thing please don't consider responding

Again you didn't refute my logic LMAO yes writing and literature don't stop you from typing false statements, which is what I've been saying for so long and you keep dodging the refutation. LOGIC is not allowing you to make false statements, not language, logic is the system we use to TEST statements value in it being true false or other, language is what you use to EXPRESS the statements but NOTHING is limiting you from speaking said statements. If you don't actually refute my logic, please don't bother responding with the exact nonsense that you responded before which has already been refuted. Unless you have an immediate refutation, don't waste my time.

Again you didn't refute my logic LMAO yes writing and literature don't stop you from typing false statements, which is what I've been saying for so long and you keep dodging the refutation. LOGIC is not allowing you to make false statements, not language, logic is the system we use to TEST statements value in it being true false or other, language is what you use to EXPRESS the statements but NOTHING is limiting you from speaking said statements. If you don't actually refute my logic, please don't bother responding with the exact nonsense that you responded before which has already been refuted. Unless you have an immediate refutation, don't waste my time.
Never mind I literally just re-read your message and you invalidated your premise, you said omnipotence is having the ability to do anything that's expressible in language, but you just said that non logical statements cannot be valid and don't correlate with omnipotence. Therefore, omnipotence is limited to logic which invalidates your follow-up definition of it being restrictionless. Thanks for making my time easier.

Anti-scholastic Current: The Universal Possibilism, Dialetheism and Paraconsistent Logic​

Despite having several advocates over the years, there is neither a principal representative of this point of view, nor so many advocates as scholasticism. The illogical view of omnipotence preaches that God could violate even the laws of classical logic, such as the law of noncontradiction the law of excluded middle, and the law of identity, and make mathematical absurdities like a triangle whose hypotenuse is greater than the sum of the legs.

Nicholas of Cusa (1401-1464)

The main defense to universal possibilism probably comes from René Descartes, expressed in his Meditations on First Philosophy. Among them, it would include the very creation of logical and mathematical truths, like the classical laws of thought.[5] In spite of his defense, Descartes' universal possibilism is considered absurd and unsustainable, as is the idea of absolute relativism, for he demands the negation of himself for his own affirmation, as W. L. Craig explains.[4]

St. Pier Damiani in De divina omnipotentia accused St. Girolamus of being blasphemous, for claiming that God could not undo what was done, i.e., accuse the past. For St. Pier Damiani, figures like St. Girolamus and Thomas Aquinas were blaspheming in trying to limitate God.

Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa in De douta ignorantia argued that God, being infinite, is coincidentia oppositorum. I.e., should have all existing properties, and between these properties should have properties of both being and non-being, both positive and negative. This logically encompasses properties that contradict each other. In this way, it would be possible for God not only to be contradictory, but also to create contradictory objects.

Since I am going to discuss the maximum learning of ignorance, I must deal with the nature of Maximality. Now, I give the name “Maximum” to that than which there cannot be anything greater. But fullness befits what is one. Thus, oneness—which is also being—coincides with Maximality. But if such oneness is altogether free from all relation and contraction, obviously nothing is opposed to it, since it is Absolute Maximality. Thus, the Maximum is the Absolute One which is all things. And all things are in the Maximum (for it is the Maximum); and since nothing is opposed to it, the Minimum likewise coincides with it, and hence the Maximum is also in all things. And because it is absolute, it is, actually, every possible being; it contracts nothing from things, all of which [derive] from it. In the first book I shall strive to investigate incomprehensibly above human reason-this Maximum, which the faith of all nations indubitably believes to be God. [I shall investigate] with the guidance of Him “who alone dwells in inaccessible light.”
De douta ignorantia, 1440[6]
Think of omnipotence as the possibility of performing all acts that can be expressed by words that assume consistent meaning in potency, and to carry them out, it is enough for that power in act. This could explain some paradoxes such as the paradox of stone, so that God has in himself both the act of creating the stone and the act of lift it.

In addition, there are two current philosophical currents that can support the anti-scholastic view of omnipotence. These are paraconsistent logic and dialaletheism.

Paraconsistent logic is a non-classical logic that accepts and treats contradictions (DA SILVA FILHO, 1999), a logic is paraconsistent if its logical consequence relation (⊨, either semantic or proof theoretic) is not explosive(PRIEST et al, 2016). Dialetheism is the view that there are dialetheias. One can define a contradiction as a couple of sentences, one of which is the negation of the other, or as a conjunction of such sentences. (PRIEST 2017).[7]

Recently, limitations were seen in classical logic and in Aristotelian principles such as non-contradiction, which encouraged mathematicians to base paraconsistent logic, which deals with the explosiveness of contradictions, and dialetheism, which accepts that there are real contradictions. An example of such applications are the paradoxes of self-reference, such as the Liar paradox, which consists of the following:

{\displaystyle (1)}
Proposition
{\displaystyle (1)}
is false.
Or:

{\displaystyle (a)}
Proposition
{\displaystyle (b)}
is true.
{\displaystyle (b)}
Proposition
{\displaystyle (a)}
is false.
This paradox forces us to assume that an affirmation can be both true and false, which clearly violates the law of non-contradiction. This demonstrates a linguistic limitation on the principle of non-contradiction. An argument used is that if linguistics, which is a human faculty, can violate the non-contradiction law, why omnipotence, which is a transcendent quality, couldn't also violate this law?

Another example is Russell's paradox, highlighting the Barber's paradox, which derives from it.

{\displaystyle M=\{A\mid A\not \in A\}}

Think of a situation where a city has only one barber, and men only have two ways to shave, 1) shaving alone or 2) going to the barber. This barber, however, does not shave anyone who shaves alone, and shaves all those who do not shave alone. If so, who shaves the barber? Because 1) if the barber shaves, it means he shaves himself, and therefore, he is not among the people he shaves; 2) if the barber doesn't shave alone, it means he's on the list of people he shaves.

Jean-Yves Beziau and Newton da Costa spoke about this in the 1st World Congress on Logic and Religion. In their words:

Which is not what we were debating, he was trying to say a tegmark multiverse is akin to an NLF like omnipotence which its not as you can see per his own faulty reasoning
Tbh, Tegmark’s multiverse theories isn’t what has been accepted nor approved a lot of since not all fictional works will actually portray reality as being mathematical itself as I honestly think reality is reality itself that consist of philosophy, mathematics, and science along the way.

Anyway, not sure about using irl scientific theories as they ain’t usually applied or even depicted as being the case in fiction generally with some exceptions.

Hell, I wouldn’t been shocked if we get quantum mechanics at Tier 0 for some reason, but that is pretty unlikely since you get Tier 1 at best anyway.

Also quite frankly, I always think logical contradictions will always occur at some point as what may seem true at first may also been false later on.

Or it is true and false at the same time.

Last edited:
Never mind I literally just re-read your message and you invalidated your premise, you said omnipotence is having the ability to do anything that's expressible in language, but you just said that non logical statements cannot be valid and don't correlate with omnipotence. Therefore, omnipotence is limited to logic which invalidates your follow-up definition of it being restrictionless. Thanks for making my time easier.
Oh well I guess it was my fault for being incomplete. Should have been clear though that by "statements" I meant actual coherent statements and not self contradictory ones.

Anyway, this entire discussion doesn't even matter because my point was that Type 4 multiverses are NLF similar to Omnipotence. Not necessarily the exact same thing. The reason this wiki doesn't use omnipotence isn't because it's illogical(the wiki has several retardedly illogical powers). The reason it doesn't accept Omnipotence is because it cannot be proven or demonstrated. This is the same scenario: "All of maths" doesn't have a rigorous definition, the same as "all actions". Hence it is an NLF

That's what I would like to hear lol
From the wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse#Max_Tegmark's_four_levels

interpretation.

Level IV: Ultimate ensembleEdit

The ultimate mathematical universe hypothesis is Tegmark's own hypothesis.[57]

This level considers all universes to be equally real which can be described by different mathematical structures.

Tegmark writes:

Abstract mathematics is so general that any Theory Of Everything (TOE)which is definable in purely formal terms (independent of vague human terminology) is also a mathematical structure. For instance, a TOE involving a set of different types of entities (denoted by words, say) and relations between them (denoted by additional words) is nothing but what mathematicians call a set-theoreticalmodel, and one can generally find a formal system that it is a model of.
He argues that this "implies that any conceivable parallel universe theory can be described at Level IV" and "subsumes all other ensembles, therefore brings closure to the hierarchy of multiverses, and there cannot be, say, a Level V."[19]

Jürgen Schmidhuber, however, says that the set of mathematical structures is not even well-defined and that it admits only universe representations describable by constructive mathematics—that is, computer programs.

Schmidhuber explicitly includes universe representations describable by non-halting programs whose output bits converge after a finite time, although the convergence time itself may not be predictable by a halting program, due to the undecidability of the halting problem.[58][59][60] He also explicitly discusses the more restricted ensemble of quickly computable universes.[61]

It wouldn't be above Manifold. At best it would be equal. And the same NLF can be applied to any verse with statements like "all possibilities exist"

So, here's the problem with that. Writing 1=0 means nothing to math, for it to work you'd have to be able to prove said statement, or make at least make it consistent across all of math. Essentially, by writing 1=0 you change the entire structure and rules for mathematics or, if you don't, you merely wrote something nonsensical. Language is malleable enough to accommodate contradiction and a lack of logic, because each individual word has a meaning that can be understood even if the total statement is meaningless, and even then expressing meaninglessness is still within the purview of language. Math has to be consistent, language doesn't. I mean, just look at the word "literally" which now has an official definition that can be used to express something not literal but figurative. The symbols of math mean things that you cannot change without fundamentally changing math as a whole, like the = sign. These symbols, including numbers, have a defined meaning like letters in words but are far more rigid in meaning. There's a reason math is the "universal language."

However, that doesn't stop some actual math from being...weird. For instance, 1+1=1 is actually correct some of the time. To explain: if you had a flashlight projecting a beam of photons at the speed of light and you were moving at the speed of light while holding the flashlight, the photons would still only be moving at the speed of light so 1+1=1. Though I guess this can only be argued in terms of physics which is not pure mathematics (scroll to the bottom for this specific example). Still fun, though.

Oh well I guess it was my fault for being incomplete. Should have been clear though that by "statements" I meant actual coherent statements and not self contradictory ones.

Anyway, this entire discussion doesn't even matter because my point was that Type 4 multiverses are NLF similar to Omnipotence. Not necessarily the exact same thing. The reason this wiki doesn't use omnipotence isn't because it's illogical(the wiki has several retardedly illogical powers). The reason it doesn't accept Omnipotence is because it cannot be proven or demonstrated. This is the same scenario: "All of maths" doesn't have a rigorous definition, the same as "all actions". Hence it is an NLF
Again its not similar to omnipotence at all, the whole point of this discussion was if that's the case and obviously you're jumping to an invalid conclusion. I am not saying everything is possible within mathematics unlike with omnipotence, this has been the entire argument from the beginning so I don't see how you're making this conclusion at all especially with everything that's been said

It wouldn't be above Manifold. At best it would be equal. And the same NLF can be applied to any verse with statements like "all possibilities exist"

The Manifold literally only has shown extension up to Woodin cardinals and their mathematical ensemble isn't matching the original theory completely which is why I'd have to disagree, although admittedly, this is completely from the information I have been presented and I might be inherently wrong since I am not educated on the verse enough to hold a proper stance

Tbh, Tegmark’s multiverse theories isn’t what has been accepted nor approved a lot of since not all fictional works will actually portray reality as being mathematical itself as I honestly think reality is reality itself that consist of philosophy, mathematics, and science along the way.

Anyway, not sure about using irl scientific theories as they ain’t usually applied or even depicted as being the case in fiction generally with some exceptions.

Hell, I wouldn’t been shocked if we get quantum mechanics at Tier 0 for some reason, but that is pretty unlikely since you get Tier 1 at best anyway.

Also quite frankly, I always think logical contradictions will always occur at some point as what may seem true at first may also been false later on.

Or it is true and false at the same time.

Which is why I believe it is a case per case scenario, unless further information has been presented I don't think it should reach tier 0, I was specifically talking about World of Darkness which has directly given a lot more information on how the tegmark stuff works, and also a variety of large cardinals and strong axioms

But regardless I think we should stop the discussion for now, I am going to be making a proper post with a bit more evidence in favour of wod for the Tegmark Multiverse and some other stuff you're more than welcome to challenge the line of reasoning I'll use there, but still thank you for your input entirely! Hopefully I'll see you there

So, here's the problem with that. Writing 1=0 means nothing to math, for it to work you'd have to be able to prove said statement, or make at least make it consistent across all of math. Essentially, by writing 1=0 you change the entire structure and rules for mathematics or, if you don't, you merely wrote something nonsensical. Language is malleable enough to accommodate contradiction and a lack of logic, because each individual word has a meaning that can be understood even if the total statement is meaningless, and even then expressing meaninglessness is still within the purview of language. Math has to be consistent, language doesn't. I mean, just look at the word "literally" which now has an official definition that can be used to express something not literal but figurative. The symbols of math mean things that you cannot change without fundamentally changing math as a whole, like the = sign. These symbols, including numbers, have a defined meaning like letters in words but are far more rigid in meaning. There's a reason math is the "universal language."
I mean you can probably just make a different formal system where they all mean different things, but I am not as knowledgeable on that stuff so I will refrain from saying something incorrect. Anyhow, statements in language that are inconsistent wouldn't really count in any kind of philosophical or technical discussion in the first place as they need consistency.

I mean you can probably just make a different formal system where they all mean different things, but I am not as knowledgeable on that stuff so I will refrain from saying something incorrect. Anyhow, statements in language that are inconsistent wouldn't really count in any kind of philosophical or technical discussion in the first place as they need consistency.
Maybe not, but a subset of humor is dedicated to absurdist use of language. And hell, philosophy argues over contradictions in thought all the time, see the debates on omnipotence vs almighty (seriously, omnipotent can mean so many things because language doesn't operate on the purely literal). But, yes, if you tried to support an argument in a debate with something inherently nonsensical it would be ignored or derided as meaningless, much like saying 1=0.

And hell, philosophy argues over contradictions in thought all the time, see the debates on omnipotence vs almighty (seriously, omnipotent can mean so many things because language doesn't operate on the purely literal).
Probably similar to how some branches of logic allow contradictions(like paraconsistency) to construct weird systems despite still being rigorous. But yes ultimately incoherent statements don't have a place in any normal discussions

But it is the end in world of darkness? Its verbatim that every realm/structure that is within the cosmology is just an exploration of the tegmark multiverse
Not sure about that one chief.
No the void is simply the end of the cosmology, it's not outside of the tegmark multiverse, it's just the "highest something can be" nothing else.
It is outside the Cosmology entirely.

The Far Umbra is the end of the High Umbra's reach, which is the highest extent of all Imagination and conception.

Once you pass into the Far Umbra, you're beyond imagination, you're where the Eldritch things lie behind stars waiting.

Steps toward the Void also lead to places where Imagination ends, such as the Abyss where Ancient Cthulhu sleeps.

And then the Void itself is just beyond. There's no descriptor, no metaphor left to describe it, since Metaphors were for the Tellurian.

Last edited:
Not sure about that one chief.

It is outside the Cosmology entirely.

The Far Umbra is the end of the High Umbra's reach, which is the highest extent of all Imagination and conception.

Once you pass into the Far Umbra, you're beyond imagination, you're where the Eldritch things lie behind stars waiting.

Steps toward the Void also lead to places where Imagination ends, such as the Abyss where Ancient Cthulhu sleeps.

And then the Void itself is just beyond. There's no descriptor, no metaphor left to describe it, since Metaphors were for the Tellurian.

That doesn't really disprove the void being an extension of the max Tegmark multiverse, what you described was that its a state which is beyond human conception and that's fine, it just doesn't disprove the fact that it's still a part of the cosmology its not outside of it just "humans"' cannot conceive it which as mentioned, I don't have a contention with.

Max Tegmark simply thought of the ensemble which caused the creation of the tegmark ensemble which gave birth to the higher cosmology, humans can simply conceive up to the high umbra, they can't conceive the void, but it doesn't disprove the fact that it's still a part of everything

Max Tegmark simply thought of the ensemble which caused the creation of the tegmark ensemble which gave birth to the higher cosmology, humans can simply conceive up to the high umbra, they can't conceive the void, but it doesn't disprove the fact that it's still a part of everything
No, it does mean it's not a part of everything.

The Tellurian is literally everything. Capital R reality, Capital E everything. The High Umbra does not extend beyond the Horizon Realms.

The Far Umbra is where it stops, and the High Umbra contains the Tegmark Multiverse.

Objectively, the Tegmark Multiverse does not contain everything in WoD, there are structures larger than it.

Everything that has, will, could be or might be thought of exists with in the High Umbra.

Tegmark Multiverse cannot extend beyond Imagination, because the definition for the Type 4 Multiverse is all Mathematically coherent phenomena.

Mathematics is very much so a construction of Human Imagination.

Last edited:
Back