• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Reboot Revision Thread

Idk either but yeah... it got accepted. Guess Reboot has OP cannonbolts?
Or maybe, the calc isn't accurate because of the faulty method of deriving results using the curvature that often inflates results due to inconsistent and not drawn to scale images. We had an entire thread about this issue and using the curvature when a major part of it is not shown on the screen is just faulty if it's giving insane results like these.

Or maybe, the calc isn't accurate because of the faulty method of deriving results using the curvature that often inflates results due to inconsistent and not drawn to scale images. We had an entire thread about this issue and using the curvature when a major part of it is not shown on the screen is just faulty if it's giving insane results like these.
Sure, I'm not involved with calcs, so you should discuss this with KieranH10 and Firestorm808.

That actually reminds of Tier 4 Saitama by inflating the Serious Punch calculation using inverse-square-law.

I agree with AKM that the calculation is not accurate, even ignoring the curvature thing, having a 5-C via water splash that didn't severely affected entire planet would be at minimun highly questionable to use.

I overlaid the image on the model to chart the end of the water line being perpendicular from the point of origin on the sphere's surface.

Okay, but how does that counter you using the Earth's shot and measurements to calculate the water volume?

Alright, after viewing both "splash" feats in detail now, I am vehemently against them being used. These aren't even legit valid feats, they are gag feats not meant to be taken seriously.

This feat. He jumps in a lake/pond or whatever and creates a splash large enough to cause a tsunami. Yet the kid is alive and safe, there is no damage done to the surroundings because of this tier 6 energy. This is blatantly a gag feat not meant to be taken seriously, also evident by the sound effect of the splash which is a cartoon-y pop, like a drop of water.

Almost the same thing happens here. Jump in a pond/lake causes big splash visible from space. Gag feat. Same sound effect. Could cause tsunami and yet the random guy with his random truck and random bucket remains unaffected with the surroundings.

Ignore what I said about Earth's shot being used to calculate it, that would have mattered if the feat was legit. With the context here, the feat isn't even legit to begin with and only made worse by the gag exaggerated representation.

The show was made for a younger demographic, so I didn't really think too much about it. If the other staff think the splash feats are invalid, then it is what it is.

That's not a reason to ignore the entire context of the supposed "feat" just because it showed a picture of Earth from space with a big splash. The scene doesn't make any sense and you ignored the entire context pointing out how it is just a normal splash with normal consequences but was shown as an exaggeration for laughs alone, only to take that OoC shot from the space to derive a result that just isn't there. It isn't anywhere else in the series. Literally one of the highest "non-existent feats". Having a character that has toon force powers in the setting of the show does not make the other characters who don't have it, get it. Kid's show =/= automatically legitimate gag show where everything flies.

By that logic storm was seen from outer space 1:20 and covered entire continent and Grandpa max's vehicle Rustbucket outran it, Might as well YEET the entire verse then.

By that logic storm was seen from outer space 1:20 and covered entire continent and Grandpa max's vehicle Rustbucket outran it, Might as well YEET the entire verse then.
Yeah, that feat would also have to be looked at closely. And no, we won't yeet the verse, but I already found some problems just looking over the pages of the verse and I think the verse needs to be inspected closely.

I agree with AKM that these splash feats should be disregarded.

Taking the curvature scaling at face value means Cannonbolt and Humungousaur are causing gargantuan eruptions that send trillions of tons of water into space, something that would cause massive tsunamis. However in the context of the episodes they’re leaping into small bodies of water (Niagara Falls in Cannonbolt’s case and Lake Erie in Humungousaur’s), causing small scale splashes that have little to no effect on the surrounding area.

As AKM said the gigantic columns of water visible from space are likely just exaggerated visual gags that shouldn’t be taken literally.

AKM seems to make sense. Please mention that the calculation cannot be used, based on the above reasons, within the blog post itself, to avoid future misunderstandings.

I will let Greenshifter provide any response if he has any, if not I'll give my final decision about Reboot verse.

Yeah yeet 5-C I guess. The Weatherheads’ storm should probably start though since it was a serious moment and plot-related.

I agree that there are several problems with the reboot verse, so if someone could clean up the mess and flesh out the scaling that’d be appreciated.

Yeah yeet 5-C I guess. The Weatherheads’ storm should probably start though since it was a serious moment and plot-related.

I agree that there are several problems with the reboot verse, so if someone could clean up the mess and flesh out the scaling that’d be appreciated.
Being Plot related is not an excuse for an ordinary vehicle to outran it and entire continent being undamaged.

Was it undamaged? I remember trees and stuff being uprooted + I don't think we ever see what happens at the edges of the storm in the first place and the storm only seems to be that big way higher up in the atmosphere so I think it's logical it's not doing that much damage on the ground. Also how did the van outrun it, I remember it getting caught in the storm...? The only thing it didn't do is break apart but that van also has High 6-A scaling to the fulmini army so yeah.

Last edited:
Was it undamaged? I remember trees and stuff being uprooted + I don't think we ever see what happens at the edges of the storm in the first place. Also how did the van outrun it, I remember it getting caught in the storm...? The only thing it didn't do is break apart but that van also has High 6-A scaling to the fulmini army so yeah.
Well...If that's enough then it's good I guess.

In the shots taken from the ground, it's not shown to be a big storm, neither did it cause any damage of that level on the ground (except for a few trees shown to fly around, most of the trees on the ground were left undamaged). Perhaps it was just weak on the ground level and only expanded to that level higher up in the atmosphere. I don't know who scales to this storm and how, but I don't think any character shown to be fighting in that scene should scale to the storm's entire yield just because they were fighting in there.

In the shots taken from the ground, it's not shown to be a big storm, neither did it cause any damage of that level on the ground (except for a few trees shown to fly around, most of the trees on the ground were left undamaged). Perhaps it was just weak on the ground level and only expanded to that level higher up in the atmosphere. I don't know who scales to this storm and how, but I don't think any character shown to be fighting in that scene should scale to the storm's entire yield just because they were fighting in there.
Completely agreed, everyone actually scales to another storm that the weatherheads created. They called it the "perfect storm", so despite it being much smaller, it should be more potent than the High 6-A one, Shock Rock then blocked this storm with his energy. I know it used to be differently but I've since corrected the issue.

Last edited:
The High 6-A storm the Weatherheads created in their debut episode was formed via a weather-manipulating machine, so I don’t see why’d that’d scale to anyone.

“The Perfect Storm” just seems to refer to the Weatherheads merging and combining their weather-based elemental powers into a beam attack (which is vastly smaller than the High 6-A storm and never being stated to be superior to it). The reasoning for scaling to the storm seems really wonky.

What is your opinion on creators of the show saying Shock Rock can make the same one or bigger link
1RxroEu.png

What is your opinion on creators of the show saying Shock Rock can make the same one or bigger
Theoretically means in theory. There are several things possible in the world "theoretically", like time travel. Still far from possible.
Secondly, even if we are to take that at face value, the storm is either inconsistent in its size and power, or not a normal storm that can be calculated using normal methods.

“The Perfect Storm” just seems to refer to the Weatherheads merging and combining their weather-based elemental powers into a beam attack
The perfect storm references their attack indeed, but from what I know they don't do fancy names for their attacks (being robots and all) so they mean that literally.
which is vastly smaller than the High 6-A storm and never being stated to be superior to it
AoE fallacy and it being "perfect" should indicate superiority to every storm before this by default.

“Perfect” doesn’t automatically mean more powerful. A vague attack name shouldn’t be used to scale to an unrelated storm made 50 episodes prior that they made no explicit mention of in relation to their attack.

I mean it’s a kid show and they’re gag feats

Power Scaling any series like that gonna he whack as hell, so I’m neutral about these gag feats

I agree with Mitch in order to stop this abhorrent mess a better decision would be Blacklist Ben 10 Reboot on the versus battle community and delete it's profile (I suggest Antvasima you give me approximately 2-3 days so I can make a personal copy of all the Reboot profiles after which I will inform you so you can proceed to the removal of all Reboot profiles.) Much appreciated sir.

Back