• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Behold, a High 3-A (Zeraora downgrade)

Im...98% certain this is a flowery exaggeration of just saying People and Pokemon grow stronger as teams, and not meant to be taken literally as a pokemon getting some insane boost.

Things like Mega evolution and Z moves are

Yeah. I choose you, Power of Us and the Coco movie are all explicitly following an alternate universe Ash and Pikachu, not the ones from the main anime.

So they have different tiering.
Why is it flowery language when we have explicit evidence that the true power of a Pokemon is unleashed by the bond between them and their trainer? Even sync moves are powered by bonds

Why is it flowery language when we have explicit evidence that the true power of a Pokemon is unleashed by the bond between them and their trainer? Even sync moves are powered by bonds
You already know what I’m going to say about Masters. We don’t accept it as canon here.

And as I was gonna say before when I stupidly cut myself off, things like Mega Evolution and Z moves are a different story because the lores behind their mechanics delves into having a synchronization between a trainer and Pokémon. There’s a difference between that and essentially arguing a literal “power of friendship” boost.

You already know what I’m going to say about Masters. We don’t accept it as canon here.

And as I was gonna say before when I stupidly cut myself off, things like Mega Evolution and Z moves are a different story because the lores behind their mechanics delves into having a synchronization between a trainer and Pokémon. There’s a difference between that and essentially arguing a literal “power of friendship” boost.
We do accept it as canon

I'm using that as supporting evidence for why the bonds powering Pokemon is not flowery language, since there literally are other ways to empower a Pokemon with bonds, so it wouldn't be hard to believe this is literal. Wikstrom was also being serious when he made that statement, he knows what he's talking about

We do accept it as canon

I'm using that as supporting evidence for why the bonds powering Pokemon is not flowery language, since there literally are other ways to empower a Pokemon with bonds, so it wouldn't be hard to believe this is literal. Wikstrom was also being serious when he made that statement, he knows what he's talking about
We do. It was stated to be canon more than once, and confirmed that Brock was the same one from the games.
Not from the several people on this site who have reiterated more than once that Masters isn’t canon to the verse.

Exs blog has been accepted here for a while and majority of us on here still haven’t accepted Masters as canon. You’ve been told this in several threads at this point.

Not from the several people on this site who have reiterated more than once that Masters isn’t canon to the verse.

Exs blog has been accepted here for a while and majority of us on here still haven’t accepted Masters as canon. You’ve been told this in several threads at this point.
"People on the site don't accept as canon".
Great reply, too bad it's not relevant to the situation. Master was implied to be, stated to be, and shown to be connected to the canon. That's the blog used in the verse page.

If people don't want to accept it, then boo hoo, that's too bad. You can make a CRT if you want to, but you're not going to deny Pokémon Masters as canon just because it's inconvenient to your argument.

Pokémon Masters is like a one way canon, as while the games are canon to it, it is not canon to them as no event or character interaction from Pokémon Masters was ever referrenced in the games, not even in games from later generations such as Sword & Shield. Not even in the DLC Content

Besides, the existance of Ingo contradicts Pokémon Legends Arceus as he's supposed to be in Hisui

"Not from the several people on this site who are totally very reliable sources". Majority of people here not accepting it as canon is just appeal to popularity

I already refuted most arguments of it being non canon

Pokémon Masters is like a one way canon, as while the games are canon to it, it is not canon to them as no event or character interaction from Pokémon Masters was ever referrenced in the games, not even in games from later generations such as Sword & Shield. Not even in the DLC Content

Besides, the existance of Ingo contradicts Pokémon Legends Arceus as he's supposed to be in Hisui
I think its very disingenuous to keep repeating this on threads and everytime I explain to you why this is wrong, you just repeat the same shit. Sword and Shield doesn't reference Pokemon red and blue, does that make it non canon? Not every thing needs to be referenced, masters is already explicitly confirmed to be a 2 way canon as the games are part of the same series as masters

Ingo from Legends Arceus could have just been from a time after Masters, or some other time period

I disagree FRA.

Also about Masters being canon, unless you wanna argue shit like Cynthia having Giratina just lying around... yeah no.

I disagree FRA.

Also about Masters being canon, unless you wanna argue shit like Cynthia having Giratina just lying around... yeah no.
Its already accepted as canon, and why is it impossible for Cynthia having Giratina? Giratina formed a bond with Cynthia and was caught by her, nothing about that is impossible. There are other trainers who can catch the creation trio and Arceus

Its already accepted as canon, and why is it impossible for Cynthia having Giratina? Giratina formed a bond with Cynthia and was caught by her, nothing about that is impossible. There are other trainers who can catch the creation trio and Arceus
Off the top of my head there's like one guy who's teamed up with CT members for battle and actually had a bond and shit that WASN'T a protagonist.

Regardless King, Make a CRT to make Pokémon Masters canon, until then, we have all rights to ignore you and the fact that talking to a brick wall would get a debate across faster then talking to you would. Don't expect another response from me to you because you still never change your mind in a debate.

I think its very disingenuous to keep repeating this on threads and everytime I explain to you why this is wrong, you just repeat the same shit. Sword and Shield doesn't reference Pokemon red and blue, does that make it non canon? Not every thing needs to be referenced, masters is already explicitly confirmed to be a 2 way canon as the games are part of the same series as masters
Where it was confirmed to be the case despite no main series game referencing it? And using Sword & Shield to say they aren't canon to Red & Blue are bad examples, as we know all main series games are canon to that timeline. Pokémon Masters on the other hand, is a side game, and while the games are canon to it, we have no proof of it being canon to them
Ingo from Legends Arceus could have just been from a time after Masters, or some other time period
Did you got any proof for that? Since what you're saying is just headcanon. And considering before that Ingo's last appearance was in B2W2, he could've dissapeared in any time between this and the present. Masters takes place after Sun & Moon since Alola characters were on the game in its release

Off the top of my head there's like one guy who's teamed up with CT members for battle and actually had a bond and shit that WASN'T a protagonist.

Regardless King, Make a CRT to make Pokémon Masters canon, until then, we have all rights to ignore you and the fact that talking to a brick wall would get a debate across faster then talking to you would. Don't expect another response from me to you because you still never change your mind in a debate.
Why does it matter if he wasn't a protagonist?

And don't accuse me of not changing my mind in a debate when I have, even from a discussion with you recently. You're the one who has to make a CRT since Masters is already accepted as canon

Where it was confirmed to be the case despite no main series game referencing it? And using Sword & Shield to say they aren't canon to Red & Blue are bad examples, as we know all main series games are canon to that timeline. Pokémon Masters on the other hand, is a side game, and while the games are canon to it, we have no proof of it being canon to them

Did you got any proof for that? Since what you're saying is just headcanon. And considering before that Ingo's last appearance was in B2W2, he could've dissapeared in any time between this and the present. Masters takes place after Sun & Moon since Alola characters were on the game in its release
Why would not referencing something mean its non canon? And sure, we know Red and Blue are canon, but so is Masters? I already gave proof that it was confirmed the main games are canon to masters and masters is canon to them a while ago: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...ies-pokemon-masters-the-pokemon-tcg-and-more/

How does Masters taking place after Sun and Moon matter? And you didn't explain why Ingo in Masters contradicts Legends Arceus, it being after BW2 is not even relevant to this discussion

"They never talk about it = it's not canon"
Pokemon Master share the same multiverse. It should scale regardless

It's already accepted as canon, did you not read my comment?

"They never talk about it = it's not canon"
Pokemon Master share the same multiverse. It should scale regardless
Same multiverse =/= same continuity as the games. The games are canon to it, yes, but there's no proof it's also true the other way around.

And no, Masters shouldn't scale because the scalings are incredibly inconsistent with showing from the games. For example, Giovanni's Nidoking overpowering Silver's Ho-oh, Cynthia's Kommo-o defeats Cyrus' Palkia, Misty and Brock are able to fight Barry, who before then already got all eight badges despite them being way weaker in the games, and many more examples

Also, as I said, the fact that Ingo exists in Pokemon Masters contradicts Pokemon Legends Arceus, so it can't be canon to Legends Arceus

Same multiverse =/= same continuity as the games. The games are canon to it, yes, but there's no proof it's also true the other way around.

And no, Masters shouldn't scale because the scalings are incredibly inconsistent with showing from the games. For example, Giovanni's Nidoking overpowering Silver's Ho-oh, Cynthia's Kommo-o defeats Cyrus' Palkia, Misty and Brock are able to fight Barry, who before then already got all eight badges despite them being way weaker in the games, and many more examples

Also, as I said, the fact that Ingo exists in Pokemon Masters contradicts Pokemon Legends Arceus, so it can't be canon to Legends Arceus
"Same multiverse =/= same multiverse"

I already gave evidence that masters is canon to the games

How the hell is Nidoking beating Ho-oh inconsistent? This is Giovanni of all people. How is Kommo-o defeating Palkia inconsistent? Who is "way weaker in the games"?

I already refuted this dude, are you incapable of forming new arguments? You sound like a bot rn

pretty sure i already debunked why masters isn't canon to the mainline games and only canon to itself, and yet you seem to have ignored my points

Same multiverse =/= same continuity as the games. The games are canon to it, yes.
Thanks, you basically contradicted yourself. It's its own universe, but it's still canon. Being "canon" doesn't mean it in the same universe, just that the events did happen somewhere in the official story. In this case, it happened in one of the infinite timelines in the Pokémon Universe.

It takes the continuity from the games, that's where the characters come from. The events of the Masters isn't connected back to said continuities, sure. But it's still the same characters in a canon separate universe. It should scale regardless.
None of these are "inconsistent" with anything, that's just argument from Incredulity, Lancer in the manga literally suplexes Dialga with his Dragonite. Brock isn't "weaker" than the other leaders in the games, he just uses weaker pokémon because he is the first gym. When you fight him literally everywhere else, he is just as strong as the other leaders. (The Johto fight being a prime example). Or do you honestly think Brock is weaker than a child next to Misty Gym?

basically masters, in my opinion, should be treated like any secondary media, like the manga or anime.
It shouldn't scale to characters from canon games.

basically masters, in my opinion, should be treated like any secondary media, like the manga or anime.
It shouldn't scale to characters from canon games.
The Pokémon should, just like any secondary media. Also, the information there should be usable as well.

And yes, we do accept Masters as secondary canon.

I mean, didn’t Battle Bond Greninja from the anime confirm that training and bonding with your Pokémon can unlock their untapped power/boost their already potentially massive potential? The concept of battle bond was also recently brought up again in the anime with Ash’s lucario, who was able to bond with him.

I mean, didn’t Battle Bond Greninja from the anime confirm that training and bonding with your Pokémon can unlock their untapped power/boost their already potentially massive potential? The concept of battle bond was also recently brought up again in the anime with Ash’s lucario, who was able to bond with him.
Zeraora does not really have a bond connection with Dia. They're simply allies since they have the same goal, unlike Ash's bond with Pikachu, Lucario or Greninja

If there's no valid reason as to why he's high 3A, put me on Agree for now

Pokemon isn't even a legendary Pokémon.. Mythical.

Back