• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Behind the Masquerade RP

Lou_change

He/Him
You are all in a well lit room seated on metal folding chairs in front of you are two figures one somehow draped in shadow, the one next to them is seemingly wearing plate armor.

"Hello," says the one covered in shadow, "I am the Masquerade it is a pleasure to meet you all here. I believe you all have been informed of why you are here if not please read the flyer under your chairs. I will attempt to answer any remaining questions before I have to go and you have to go on your first mission."

(Registration thread and Character sheets)

You are all in a well lit room seated on metal folding chairs in front of you are two figures one somehow draped in shadow, the one next to them is seemingly wearing plate armor.

"Hello," says the one covered in shadow, "I am the Masquerade it is a pleasure to meet you all here. I believe you all have been informed of why you are here if not please read the flyer under your chairs. I will attempt to answer any remaining questions before I have to go and you have to go on your first mission."

(Registration thread and Character sheets)
"Why we here?" Alice Glidus say as she rush to pick her sword to defend herself. Actually she begin to look around herself after being self defense as she see very unfallimilier face that have same fate as she was. Most of their face have same expression as she was excluding some of it.

She begin calm herself as she trust the masquerade as it who give her power to save her 'family'. Well, she being informed but actually forget it because she was training new knight.
(Bad English)
(First time do RP)

Last edited:
Lina stared blankly at the ones in front of her and behind her, closely observing their faces, bodies, most subtle of movements and gestures. Taking note of everything in her surroundings before even speaking.

“I’ll see what this paper says, but it better be something I can use to fight the Firepower Demon.” Lina says with an expressionless face while gazing upon the paper which is now in her hand.

“Do you not remember my offers. I swear if someone stole those.” The Masquerade says.

(The flyer reads: You have been hired to beat up avatars of abstract concepts to prevent the end of the current world. Payment is negotiable very few prices are too high.)

"I really don't know what you could pay me..." Vita said, doodling as she sits in her chair, almost as if she's taking some inspiration from this for a potential storyline before looking up at the Masquerade, "Let's just say... part of me... might just do it for free."

Huey appeared to be fiddling with one of his tentacles and not really paying attention. (POV: The ADHD kicks in) He didn't strike others as someone who actually cared about himself, with a lab coat that was clearly somewhat worn, and his messy hair. Next to him was a large metal box with a handle, roughly appearing like a luggage case, and many cords were sticking out of it that appeared to be connected to something on or behind his back. And then of course, let's not forget the giant metal tentacles coming out of his back.

"I'll be honest-" Huey said. "I barely read my mail...when I do, I skim, so it really doesn't help to be unspecific. Still, I was fairly intrigued when someone starts talking about 'abstract concepts'..." He then finally stopped messing with his tentacles, looking at the one speaking. "So let's start there, what are you even referring to?"

"You got me with Abstract Concepts, Esto va a ser epico Papus" Griffin said with a stunned smile, just by looking at him, one can tell he liked the adrenaline rush.

“Alright I will give an example death, the event were a life comes to an end, currently physically exists as a murderous cult consisting of ten individuals in possession several occult artifacts of minor power. Death is attempting to become the only certainty of the universe all will exist in a constant repeating state of dying if they succeed in doing this. this is also the 246,317,589th attempt death has made to do this.” Masquerade says, “Anyway payment includes money, emotions, artificially created life forms, entire dimensions, godhood, resurrection of the dead, rewriting history, and other mass alterations to consensus reality.”

Last edited:
So it is to do with the Firepower Demon.
^Lina thinks.
"My question is, how exactly are we; humans, supposed to fight these evil primordial beings which originate from these abstract concepts?" She asks the Masquerade.

"Most of them are really, really weak death who I previously mentioned could probably be stopped by a well organized police force." Masquerade says.

"This is all way above the scope of my normal life... But I don't have much of a choice do I? It's either help or risk being killed off with the rest of the Universe... I don't need a lot of compensation, I wouldn't mind a bit of money, but I still want my life to be challenging once I get back to it."

"I see. If that's the case, and it's as you say... Do you not know of a way to permanently destroy these abstract concepts? Or at least stop them from taking physical form, so it's not an evergoing loop of us killing mear avatars." Lina says with cold and calculated eyes.

"l mean there is that super disease you're roommates with Bryant I can take away the pain, the struggle to remain in control, the possibility of you causing a friend a trip to the hospital." The shadowy voice says.

"I see. If that's the case, and it's as you say... Do you not know of a way to permanently destroy these abstract concepts? Or at least stop them from taking physical form, so it's not an evergoing loop of us killing mear avatars." Lina says with cold and calculated eyes.
"No but it requires power which even for them is finite also concepts like prison and containment can help keep them at bay." The knight besides the shadowy figure who nods approvingly.
"Oh... that, yea. Heheh... if you've a way to make it easier to suppress them, I'm all for it."
"I didn't say that you see an infection like your friend doesn't benefit from making you die so I can make your relationship mutualistic instead if you wish but I could also do that." The Masquerade explains trying to be gentle with their words.

"I didn't say that you see an infection like your friend doesn't benefit from making you die so I can make your relationship mutualistic instead if you wish but I could also do that." The Masquerade explains trying to be gentle with their words.
Oh, I don't see them as a friend. Only good thing it really ever did for me was save me. Well, that and keep me from getting sick which is a nice bonus, but other than that, they're kind of a nuisance. If you've got anything that'd make it easier to keep control or as you put it, mutualistic, I'm all ears." He puts his hand on his chin, he seems curious in the Masquerade's proposal

Last edited:
"So we're supposed to fight death?!" Huey asked, clearly terrified. He leaned forward in his seat, with his fingers in his hair and his head down. "This ain't good...I mean, weakened or not, it's-....death, you know? Like the literal stuff that kills people, it's not like I could just punch it. I mean, I know you're the expert here, but I'm not sure science backs your theory..."

"Death as in the end of a life, the thing that causes a life to end is not the same the latter causes the former, death is more like a homicidal psychopomp that creates bodies it uses to try and become the cause of all death." The Masquerade.

"Cause... death?" Vita asked, her voice changing slightly, though she tried to suppress it. She didn't know if she trusted everyone here with her... other side, "We can't let that happen, now can we?"

"Cause... death?" Vita asked, her voice changing slightly, though she tried to suppress it. She didn't know if she trusted everyone here with her... other side, "We can't let that happen, now can we?"
"We Don't" Alice say as she been watch people's way of talk to know if they are hostile or Not.

"I see... Those rewards certainly sound good. However, if squads of police are even capable of defeating weak avatars I'm guessing we'll have to do much more to actually receive those rewards. Not to mention the vagueness of some of them... Like godhood."

"When I said well organized I meant lucky enough to find them all at once my contact can give more details if you engage them." I say.

"When I said well organized I meant lucky enough to find them all at once my contact can give more details if you engage them." I say.
"Well how many of them?" Alice Glidus say as she have determination face. Even thought she know it hard but she already walk into that as since childhood.

"10 not counting anyone they convinced to help them." I say.
"That lot, but Not lot as their follower" Alice Glidus say as she remember fight againts abstrack being follower for four time. She can say it was lot, it over hundreds if Not Thousand. Abstrack being follower is scumbag that she cant forgot it as it was source that best friend's death.

"Death as in the end of a life, the thing that causes a life to end is not the same the latter causes the former, death is more like a homicidal psychopomp that creates bodies it uses to try and become the cause of all death." The Masquerade.
"So...in doing this, no one would ever die? We'd all live forever?"

"No that would be bad as it would cause people to suffer surviving injuries that should kill them leading to endless suffering death will still happening we just won't have to worry about a murderer that has the potential to cause endless suffering having the means to cause endless suffering and the ability to commit murder." The Masquerade explains.

"...Can we really?" Huey asked. "I'm not trying to be a contrarian or a pessimist, I'm just trying to be logical. You can't remove the ability to do wrong without removing the ability to do good. The same grip strength you use to clutch your wife's hand or stop something from falling can also be used to choke someone. The thing you do to drive to work is also how you run someone over. You can put sugar in my coffee as easily as you can put poison."

"It's the simple truth of science. Just as the sodium or chlorine used in our salt could poison us, or the heat we use to eliminate bacteria from our food could burn us...there are things that we have and must live with the fact that they can be misused. The only way to stop calculated murder would be to eliminate hatred, and the only way to remove hatred would be to remove our wills...and by then, what's even the point?"

"Guuuhh..."

She's been spacing out for a while. All she knows is that she's supposedly here to for a reward for yet another mission. All of this morality stuff -- it kind of goes over her head. Yuri's always been the type to spread evil and chaos. But, you know, to a moderate degree. She scratches her ass before scooping up the flyer at the bottom of her chair. Reading it upside-down as she looks towards the reactions of others... to see how they're taking all of this new info.

Alice stare at Yuri shopan as she feel something that make she want to punch.
Grimacing at her. She simply sticks out her tongue before slumping her face into the flyer as if to hide what she's just did. Freak-...

Well, said the fly to the moth, but being a hypocrite is no stranger to her.

"I meant death's ability to commit murder not murder in general anyway unless you have questions about something besides the target I have a meeting to attend the door behind you should lead you to the city the avatar of death is in." Masquerade say.

"SO ALL THAT'S BEEN SEPARATING US FROM DEATH IS A DOOR AND YOU CHOOSE TO TELL US NOW?!" Huey shouted, still terrified by the concept. "I need a mental break...a very long mental break..."

"And a city also I kinda willed that door into existence just now I have some anxiety pills if that will help." Masquerade says as a medicine cabinet appears behind them.

"Nyeeeh..."

A frog-like voice erupts from the pink-haired concert conductor as she rises out her seat and struts herself towards the door, flinging around her baton in hand. She would simply lean her hand against the door and tap the doorknob, playfully.

"What're you guys all afraid of? It's just a little death. It's not like we all don't do the same thing getting on the highway now anyways. Alright. Open 'er up!"

Back