• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Im going with Slade because captain america can't do much against his mid Regenerationn meanwhile if slade gets one good hit on Cap with a sword is game over for him. DeathStroke can also dodge gunfire which should mean he would be able to dodge cap's sheild if he throws it at him.

Okay, that's a vote for Slade. High-key, I forgot that I made this thread

Slade has slightly better durability and striking strenght than Cap alone, so to defend himself the shield would be the main course all the way - which we know is his go-to tactic. Steve has the so-called "Sixth Sense", in which he can react on sheer instinct to his foe's moves - so both, in my book, are matched on melee.

Since speed is equalized, Slade has a smaller chance to react to the shield toss - it is still there, though - and if it hits him, it may cause serious damage. If he grabs or dodges it, he'll either start shooting (not very effective, since Cap's suit is bulletproof and he won't "just stand there and take it") or go in close quarters with the sword - something which Rogers has faced before. On the other hand, Slade (as far as I know) has never fought someone who uses a shield, but chances are high that he'll adaptate himself through the course of the battle.

It would go down to either Slade impaling Steve or Steve knocking Slade out really hard, in something that I see as 50/50. So I vote inconclusive (which is a relief to me, as I love both and could not decide who I was rooting for).

Back