• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

because I am extremely bored (Amakros vs Harahel)

Looking at Amakros' stuff;
  • Generic alchemy seems on the easy side of things to counter and replicate.
  • Deepflames seems trickier but still completely possible.
  • Shadow Fission/Fusion also seems harder.
  • The Debilitator seems tricky, but Harahel tends to fight more reactively, so? Unlikely to throw out spells for easy consumption, and given that at this point, Harahel doesn't put much sentiment into magic, the analysis of it isn't very useful.
  • Arcane Anomaly is definitely hard for Harahel at this point - they'd need to depend on Raziel more. Same with Beginning the Work.

... Uh? What? No, if you can kill a soul you can kill a Low-Godly.

Harahel does not have very strong resistances right now. Beyond baseline SC stuff, but not super impressive.

(Not all Soul-Manip can actually kill a soul)

But this is besides the point, if Harahel lands a single hit, it's a one shot. Harahel's AP is 1867.25403073+ times larger than Amakros's.

Last edited:
I mean, Amakros can, I'm pretty sure.

Harahel is a defensive, reactive fighter so it's not like they're just gonna open up with a 7-B nuke.

Looking at Amakros' stuff;
  • Generic alchemy seems on the easy side of things to counter and replicate.
  • Deepflames seems trickier but still completely possible.
  • Shadow Fission/Fusion also seems harder.
  • The Debilitator seems tricky, but Harahel tends to fight more reactively, so? Unlikely to throw out spells for easy consumption, and given that at this point, Harahel doesn't put much sentiment into magic, the analysis of it isn't very useful.
  • Arcane Anomaly is definitely hard for Harahel at this point - they'd need to depend on Raziel more. Same with Beginning the Work.
  • Definitely yeah, and its own limitations make it difficult to use on moving targets, which is a much larger issue if Harahel's defensive fighting includes evasive maneuvers.
  • I should note that Deepflames are packed into every anti-magic projection due to the corrupted nature of the Doppelganger.
  • Yeah, although those are far from go-to tactics. Shadow fusion has only been done a few times for combination attacks and such stuff.
  • That seems to pretty heavily limit what the Doppelganger can go and evolve to do, yeah. Given what's said above, Harahel should be immediately aware that basically any hit from the anti-magic stuff is debilitating if not fatal.
  • I should note that Arcane Anomaly specifically is kinda telegraphed and very limited in range, something that BtW fixes but Amakros is way, way less willing to just do the latter for several reasons.
Amakros' fighting style is basically just to immediately open with a quick and strong but simple attack and switch to more specific and subtle tactics afterwards.

Harahel is pretty mobile, will try to keep their distance and teleport if they need to.

That takes out one of Amakros' main methods of attack, but doesn't do much against the counter-magic attacks that he usually starts with specifically.

What kind of opening attack are we talking here?

Like a wave of millions of homing counter-magic bolts. Since that stuff wasn't changed between set 2 and 3, each of those bolts is able to take several thousand souls off of an amalgamate made of basically everyone in North America.

... Yeah, I don't think BoS Harahel is handling that.

Back