• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beaten by Blake: Genji vs Zuko

So these guys both lost to Blake Belladonna, let's stick them against each other and see how it goes.

Speed is equalised, Zuko is High 8-C. Standard battle assumptions otherwise.

Cyborg Ninja - 0

Fire Nation Prince - 0

Inconclusive - 7

I don't see why not, Genji can deflect Torbjorn's molten core ultimate in game. While I'm not sure if it would be exactly the same as Zuko's firebending I'd wager its possible.

Okay. So he can reflect Zuko's fire. Though I'm not sure how helpful it'll be unless the reflector is a full body thing. Even still, the reflected fire is still well within the range of Zuko's control. It think it'll be hard for Genji to get close because of that.

Bump

Okay so couple of things wanna bring up. Genji could probably just deflect the fire away from Zuko or catch him by surprise with it, plus Genji can play the range game too with his projectiles. So I don't think it's a stomp unless there is a massive AP gap.

Skill wise Genji probably has more experience being decades older than Zuko, while Zuko has survived situations that Genji probably wouldn't have so its kinda equal in my mind.

I definitely don't think it's a stomp.

I'm also not sure what level of projectiles Genji has deflected, as Zuko's flames are presumably stronger than many things he's faced. At least with his reflector ability.

I still hold that since it's still flames Zuko can still bend them. I'm also not sure what shape the projector is in. If it's not a sphere around him, Zuko can bend the fire around his deflector.

I also feel Zuko's fire would beat out Genji's projectiles. Or that Zuko could dodge them.

I agree that due to Genji's age he would have more experience. But skill wise, I'm not sure. I don't know enough about Genji to really make an informed decision there.

@Litentric He's deflected fire attacks as strong as Zuko's fire

It deflects everything in front of him and its not a deflector, its Genji physically deflecting the projectiles with his sword

Okay, gotcha.

Ah, thank you. In that case, I think my point stands even more so. He wouldn't be able to use his blade to reflect an omnidirectional attack. His blade can't physically be in all those positions at once.

I'm still not sure about skill, however.

Anybody got their AP calcs? I think we have one for Zuko but Genji seems to have this odd scale from Doomfist who's said to level a skyscraper.

I don't think you can really physically deflect a stream of fire.

That's not a constant stream though, firestrike's always portrayed as one solid projectile. There's also possible NPI or just straight up game mechanics.

Oh i see what you mean, no he wouldnt be able to deflect a constant stream

NPI most likely seeing as he can deflect stuff like D.Va's plasma bullets and Moira's Biotic Orb

NPI makes enough sense to me, just make a quick CRT about it I guess

Just added it. Also if you're wondering about Sayo and I editing a bunch of rwby profiles that's just the whole powerlifting wiki link thing.

I've gone off topic enough on this thread, so I will get back to this with a vote, at some point.

Skill-wise Genji is a master combatant, having displayed exceeding levels of skill from the moment he began his training. After he was turned into a cyborg his strength and agility further increased, and he proceeded to singlehandedly take down his family's criminal organization. He's displayed the skill to fight alongside world class fighters like Reaper and McCree, and working alongside them in the covert Blackwatch division, at one point fighting off an entire army of cyborg soldiers after a job went wrong. He also easily defeated his brother Hanzo, who had previously almost killed him. He regularly fights people who use spam time travel in combat, have weapons and a fighting style that directly counters his ow.

TheRustyOne said:
Zuko is not 9 tons, he doesn't fully scale to combustion man.
He's should be around either 4 tons or 5 tons. Not enought to be High 8-C+
Sound, so long as it ain't an AP stomp a gap like that is fine with me.

Okay, so it sounds like they're around the same level skillwise. Seeing as how Zuko pretty simply took down Azula who could stomp him beginning of series. And she herself is a world class fighter.

Now that Wok and Weekly have cleared up the projectile thing, it seems like Zuko would have a bit of an advantage there.

I'm leaning towards Zuko mostly because of the AP advantage and the versatility with his flames. But this could also easily be inconclusive. There's no reason why one would be significantly more skilled than the other.

Really the only issue Genji would have is if Zuko tried to use a continuous jet of flames rather than the regular singe shot fire attacks he normally uses, and Genji can still avoid the flames as he knows he cant deflect them.

Also if Zuko tries to go for a swordfight Genji would destroy him

I honestly doubt that. I don't think Genji is that far superior with his swordsmanship. And being skilled in hand to hand can and is transferable to certain weapons in particular. If you notice how Zuko fights with and without his weapons. It's actually somewhat similar. Using symmetrical movements of the body. It was actually emphasized with the twin dragons.

I can't really see any large advantages one has over the other. They're similar skill wise, and their projectiles can be dodged, with some of Zuko's being harder to dodge.

I'm not sure who has the range advantage, but I don't think it matters much here. And Zuko doesn't have enough of an AP or durability advantage to tough guy his way through.

I think inconclusive works best here.

That fight only showcases Genji's skills. It doesn't actually do anything to address my point about Zuko's skills.

Ooh, that might help. Though aren't folk in Avatar vaguely spiritually aware? Meh, I don't think it would really matter much.

Oh, that's weird. I guess it should be added. Is it in his powers/abilites section?

I know, i posted it to show Genji's skills :p

Im...not sure actually, i think thats a thing for Aang? Dunno about Zuko though

Ye, ive added it

XD, I see. Thank you.

I know it's explicit for Aang and Korra. I guess I meant that those in Avatar are more spiritually based than scientific or magical. Perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong thing.

Awesome.

Back