• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time is not a time slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread in a nutshell
Weekly why are you complaining about people disagreeing with you instead of getting the statement you said you would? This is rather mean-spirited towards those who simply agree with the OP. You wouldn't say this if their agreements were with you before you even provided the scans.

Weekly why are you complaining about people disagreeing with you instead of getting the statement you said you would? This is rather mean-spirited towards those who simply agree with the OP. You wouldn't say this if their agreements were with you before you even provided the scans.
Unless you want to watch through half of the 16 hours of gameplay and lore that im going through then please kindly stop talking

Alright, let's try to keep things a little more cooled off.

I'd agree that things here point to speed amp rather decisively as far as I have seen, and I'm pretty sure refusing the main source of game lore would lead to many downgrades. Either way though, no need to go at one another's throat.
It wouldnt actually, we currently dont use anything from Antonio's notebook as we had already acknowldged it in the past as having been inaccurate. Acknowledgeing it here would actually lead to some upgrades

It wouldnt actually, we currently dont use anything from Antonio's notebook as we had already acknowldged it in the past as having been inaccurate. Acknowledgeing it here would actually lead to some upgrades
This argument is flawed. Upgrades in the past were rejected for being blatant, demonstrable outliers, not because Antonio is inherently wrong.

Unless you want to watch through half of the 16 hours of gameplay and lore that im going through then please kindly stop talking
Again, I have done this, since I have searched for character statements claiming that Witch Time is a time slow: there are none.

The quickest way regardless, would be to watch these "condensed" videos at 2x speed.

Again though, I find your denial on the accuracy of Antonio's statements extremely troubling, and again, an info prompt tells us that Witch Time is a speed boost.

As it is very late where I am right now, I'll have to retire for the moment. Hope discussion leads somewhere good. Cheers

Again, I have done this, since I have searched for character statements claiming that Witch Time is a time slow: there are none.

The quickest way regardless, would be to watch these "condensed" videos at 2x speed.

Again though, I find your denial on the accuracy of Antonio's statements extremely troubling, and again, an info prompt tells us that Witch Time is a speed boost.

As it is very late where I am right now, I'll have to retire for the moment. Hope discussion leads somewhere good. Cheers
Wellthen frankly you didnt do good because im 4 hours in and have 5 instances of it being stated as time slow and several instances where it wouldnt make sense mechanically if it were just a speed amp.

Wellthen frankly you didnt do good because im 4 hours in and have 5 instances of it being stated as time slow and several instances where it wouldnt make sense mechanically if it were just a speed amp.
Then post them right now if you have them, I'll stay awake for 10 more minutes to wait. And again, mechanically a time slow/speed boost would function the same.

And thats the problem, at this point people are just going to FRA this thrad to the point that even when i post my scans it wont matter becaus eit will have enough support to go through regardless of the counterarguments

You have failed to provide any in-game statements stating that Witch Time is time manipulation, despite claiming that you already had 5. You are clearly lying at this point, and shouldn't be taken seriously in any further discussion in this thread, unless again, you can somehow produce these in-game statements (which do not exist).

Stop lying, or post the scans that you claimed to already have.

And thats the problem, at this point people are just going to FRA this thrad to the point that even when i post my scans it wont matter becaus eit will have enough support to go through regardless of the counterarguments
Weekly chill, I'm pretty sure a single in-game statement of it being time manipulation is good enough to prove your point. Also twitter statements are allowed as long as they are clear-cut, don't contradict anything and the question isn't leading to get a certain answer. Can't speak for all verses though since certain authors do have a reputation of trolling and this kind of stuff is clearly case-by-case.

Weekly chill, I'm pretty sure a single in-game statement of it being time manipulation is good enough to prove your point. Also twitter statements are allowed as long as they are clear-cut, don't contradict anything and the question isn't leading to get a certain answer. Can't speak for all verses though since certain authors do have a reputation of trolling and this kind of stuff is clearly case-by-case.
Ive already posted multiple and it wasnt enough as well as scans from the guidbook saying its time slow, hence why im going through the entirety of both games

I am aware but IIRC your best point was the moon, which is time manipulation or whatever (OP argued against this) but not the same kind that Bayo would need to use for Witch Time. The guidebook gets countered by the interview, you need something with higher canonicity than both. So I suggest in each case we wait to draw any conclusions from this thread until Weekly gets his scans.

I am aware but IIRC your best point was the moon, which is time manipulation or whatever (OP argued against this) but not the same kind that Bayo would need to use for Witch Time. The guidebook gets countered by the interview, you need something with higher canonicity than both. So I suggest in each case we wait to draw any conclusions from this thread until Weekly gets his scans.
My points were:

Umbra Witches using their magic to turn time forward, time travel, and Lumen Sags using their magic to BFR people out of time which Umbra Witches can undo with their own magic

Antonio being an unreliable narrator who in his own notes states that he is writing based on incomplete information

Kamiya being a notable troll who gives conflicting answers when confronted on twitter

The guidebook saying that its time slow

All staff members:

What are the summarised conclusions so far here?

Also, thank you for helping out Weekly.

1) Supporting evidence (and also contested but not gonna get into that)

2) Countering OP’s points

3) Countering OP’s points

4) Guidebook vs interview

Now we need the main evidence.

What you said also supports Bayonetta using time acceleration on herself btw. But I’m not sure if that’s a supported option or not.

All staff members:

What are the summarised conclusions so far here?

Also, thank you for helping out Weekly.
From a neutral member, I think I’m suited to give a tl;dr.

DDM is neutral.

Eficente said he would not comment, due to lack of knowledge on Bayonetta.

Matthew agrees with the downgrade.

Weekly disagrees with the downgrade.

Most members are in favor of the downgrade.

Okay. Thank you for the summary. It seems like the consensus leans towards accepting this then, but that it is not concluded yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back