• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Didnt we have this conversation already when Ikki fought Nocturne? With no feats to back it up you cannot argue that Desperado has infinite range

Plus Ikki doesnt even use Desperado

...Didnt we have this conversation already when Ikki fought Nocturne? With no feats to back it up you cannot argue that Desperado has infinite range
Who said i don't have feats? That was accepted in a CRT.
Plus Ikki doesnt even use Desperado
He does though.

Ikki rarely ever uses desperado stuff ever
Oof, that's a bad one. You do know ikki has been in 2 serious fights since becoming a desperado and in 1 of them he used it twice right? And used it once in a joke fight.

He wouldn't open with desperado passives, similar to how he would not open with Ittou Rasetsu off the bat, but he will use them when need be. Similar to how he has opened with IR off the bat about 3 times iirc.

Tbf defeating someone 20x your speed with skill alone is the equivalent of beating a chess match where your opponent gets 20 turns before you have your first one.
Even if you can perfectly predict their every move while acting in the best way possible, you'd need to make each of your actions worth 20 times more than your opponent's... to stalemate them.
In order to win at such a disadvantage, you'd need your opponent to commit grave mistakes consistently to give you the opportunity to act your way and beat them, even if it involves minimal movement.

Tbf defeating someone 20x your speed with skill alone is the equivalent of beating a chess match where your opponent gets 20 turns before you have your first one.
Even if you can perfectly predict their every move while acting in the best way possible, you'd need to make each of your actions worth 20 times more than your opponent's... to stalemate them.
In order to win at such a disadvantage, you'd need your opponent to commit grave mistakes consistently to give you the opportunity to act your way and beat them, even if it involves minimal movement.
The fact that I cannot kudos a post more then once is a sin of this wiki

I love how everyone's being a smartass now. Like fam, what do you want me to say? It happened. More than once.

I know it's balls to the walls ridiculous but it's there.

The whole point that despite using the amp, they were in-fact not skilled at all, pretty much beelining in a single direction to stike. The most reasonable assumption is just the equivalent of aim-dodging, with Ikki placing his sword in a location where they accidentally cut themselves through predicting them.

Which would help again Bayonetta I agree, but that's still not quiet the same as matching her blow for blow.

The whole point that despite using the amp, they were in-fact not skilled at all, pretty much beelining in a single direction to stike. The most reasonable assumption is just the equivalent of aim-dodging, with Ikki placing his sword in a location where they accidentally cut themselves through predicting them.

Which would help again Bayonetta I agree, but that's still not quiet the same as matching her blow for blow.
Thing is he has tons of hax to end the fight without engaging in cqc. Hell they can even nullify powers with desperado hax.

So ikki can:
Nullify witch time
Show bloodlust
Stop her through desperado hax
Possibly others through the use of shizuku's hax

And yer telling me the most skilled dude on the wiki will not pull of any of these?

Skill and hax are not one and the same. Effectively stabbing someone, and whatever other power he wishes to play off as a power, isn't the same as using his hax effectively. I am not saying he can't, just that the logic isn't exactly that strong for that one.

Skill and hax are not one and the same. Effectively stabbing someone, and whatever other power he wishes to play off as a power, isn't the same as using his hax effectively. I am not saying he can't, just that the logic isn't exactly that strong for that one.
Yeah but this guy is not skilled at just swords.

So basically the current argument for Ikki winning is him somehow knowing to immediately lead with desperado hax he not only never leads with but barely ever uses in combat in general

Before Bayo immediately Witch Times and kills him
Not really.

The argument is Bayo Witch Times and ikki nullifies or does any sort of desperado shit after that.

Omg, the clownfest is here.

Again, which reason are you FRA-ing?

And i ask everyone to actually read the thread cus rn Ikki stomps. This is a theoretical arguing we're doing, if Bayo's upcoming CRT makes her capable of affecting desperados.

And schnee that goes double for staff like you. You're FRA-ing reasons that don't exist my guy. Can this FRA clowning stop before i just drop the "not on the profile yet, so close the thread cus Ikki murder stomps".

You've set an extremely bad example as staff by turning what should have been a hypothetical fight in the future into a FRA squad. I hope this doesn't happen again.

<If need be

Fire, Ikki never has used Desperado hax immediately in his entire existence thus far, you are saying he will use it immediately if need be, you have been on this site for over a year and you are more then well aware that is not how it ******* works. You have to a prove something is in character, not "They will use it if they need too"

Seriously, Ikki needs to still look at someone in order to analyze how to fight them, even ignoring this is purely technique based and not knowing how their abilities work, Ikki has to analyze and immediately use desperado abilities first thing with a thought.

Nobody on this wiki does this nonsense but you, and that's why people find you so ridiculously hard to stomach, if me using reasons that apply to every character just need to stop because "I am setting a bad example" by using reasons involving in character, which you ignore, then I rest my case.

When somebody has an ability but either rarely uses it or never uses it, then anybody would look at that and think "Okay. its not in character"

You don't, you say that Ikki uses whatever he deems necessary through skill, which is not how we do matches on this wiki.

Last edited:
And schnee that goes double for staff like you. You're FRA-ing reasons that don't exist my guy. Can this FRA clowning stop before i just drop the "not on the profile yet, so close the thread cus Ikki murder stomps".

You've set an extremely bad example as staff by turning what should have been a hypothetical fight in the future into a FRA squad. I hope this doesn't happen again.
@Schnee_One Before i continue debunking your post. Keep this in mind, i wouldn't want to repeat myself.
Same for you @DatOneWeeb. stop trying to act smart without even reading the thread.

This thread did set a good example of what an absolute brainless power FRA trains are.

What you would or wouldn't want is irrelevant, most people don't want to have to do certain things on the wiki but do so anyway, and you can call us brainless as much as you wish because that does not set an example for how valid your reasons are.

Resorting to insults is the first sign of defeat in any debate.

Defeat? Is that the reason for the insult? Or is it maybe the fact that the reasons for FRA literally don't exist in the profile?

Fam, you are assuming bayo can time slow ikki, which is NOT ON THE PROFILE.

Stop trying to make this clownish act of fraing without checking the reasons look good, cus it's not. So how about you actually check what im insulting before trying to come out clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back