• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing Bayo can hit intangible and incorporeal opponents
What type of intangible?

Aesir and any being that naturally inhabits the Garden of Memory, Alfheim, or Muspelheim
They don't have type 4 on their profile from what im seeing.

She literally thought that she was an enemy and pulled a gun on her
Yeah....? How is that any different from what any normal person would have done?

Is not that his Desparado abilities??
It is, but idk where you found the "passive" on his profile.

Immaterial, she can harm abstract beings too
I mean what about elemental intangible beings? In other words beings that can just reform if you hit them.

Theyre getting it, Bayo is still being revised
Best to wait until then. CRTs don't always go as you expect.

...Pulling a gun on a child...?
Yes, an extremely suspicious child in a world full of monsters. Dude....are you even serious right now? You notice suspicious running and you tell me ppl wouldn't be cautious? Come on. And i still have no idea how noticing the only thing in the room in any way equalizes to "focusing on a random detail while being in a life threat".

I mean what about elemental intangible beings? In other words beings that can just reform if you hit them.
Yes elemental too, i edited that in after i posted that comment
Best to wait until then. CRTs don't always go as you expect.
Agreed
Yes, an extremely suspicious child in a world full of monsters. Dude....are you even serious right now?
Completely as said child is bayonetta's younger self from which bayo sensed a large amount of magic
And i still have no idea how noticing the only thing in the room in any way equalizes to "focusing on a random detail while being in a life threat".
Okay then what about hr noticing small details like a button a giant monster ripped off of a stuffed animal or a lolipop she dropped amidst a shattered colosseum?

Huh? Who?
There are a few angels who have that ability
And the footsteps of the only thing in the room that have ridiculous amounts of magic is an unimportant detail that the mind unconsciously blocks....how?
Okay then what about hr noticing small details like a button a giant monster ripped off of a stuffed animal or a lolipop she dropped amidst a shattered colosseum?

Thought all Desparado abilities were passive though...?
No. They aren't passive for anyone.

Desperado "passives" actually require bloodlust. But for some characters this state of bloodlust seems to be a permanent state. So it's the bloodlust that is "passive" that makes the desperado hax passive.

For other characters like Ikki and Stella they need to show bloodlust towards an opponent for the Alternate Future Display to kick in.

Yup, Golems and higher level enemies like Joys are like this
Link tho.

As for the other points:
Lolipop, it literally fell out of her hand and she was dead serious in trying to catch it. It was the single most important thing to her at the moment.
Same for the puppet, the moment she screamed her attention was fully on the puppet. And she could have easily searched for the button afterwards.
Not information the mind unconsciously blocks cus it deems them not important.

Yes, thats the point, she was able to turn her attention away from the wide-scale battle to focus on a meaningless object that held no bearing on the fight

And no, she was not shown to have searched for the button afterwards

Yes, thats the point, she was able to turn her attention away from the wide-scale battle to focus on a meaningless object that held no bearing on the fight
Nah dude, you're straight up capping rn. They weren't meaningless objects, they literally had priority over the fight that's how much she wanted those objects.
And no, she was not shown to have searched for the button afterwards
She searching during the fight either though. And she hadn't found the button before the fight.

Yup, Golems and higher level enemies like Joys are like this
They aren't elementally intangible though. They can just shapeshift.

Is amping Ikki's go to first move? And yes it is a massive slowdown as it makes natural light appear motionless as well as people comparable to herslf (Shes being upgraded to MFTL+) slowed to a near stop
Nah, they are slowed to a near stop from her perspective. So it's not much different from an amp. However this is a thing for Ikki's amps:

In an instant, Ikki focused his sight. He didn't need color, so Ikki cut off that detail, and seeing the world moving in gray, he transferred the acuity of his color sense to his motion perception. As he did so, the movements of the world around him slowed. This was no special power, just the boost in cognition that even regular people would receive from danger, except that Ikki could activate it consciously since, obviously, he couldn't reach the level of concentration needed to win a fight in under a minute without this sort of ability.
The gray world around him slowed and dimmed as if sinking to the bottom of the sea, and Ikki analyzed his surroundings. There were four enemies to his left, right, front and back.

He can do this to boost his cognition and this also makes the world run in slow motion from Ikki's perspective. And this is not even counting the fact that ikki can fight people much faster.

They aren't elementally intangible though. They can just shapeshift.
They are eementally intangible, Joys are made of pure energy while golems are liquid metal
Nah, they are slowed to a near stop from her perspective. So it's not much different from an amp. However this is a thing for Ikki's amps:

In an instant, Ikki focused his sight. He didn't need color, so Ikki cut off that detail, and seeing the world moving in gray, he transferred the acuity of his color sense to his motion perception. As he did so, the movements of the world around him slowed. This was no special power, just the boost in cognition that even regular people would receive from danger, except that Ikki could activate it consciously since, obviously, he couldn't reach the level of concentration needed to win a fight in under a minute without this sort of ability.
The gray world around him slowed and dimmed as if sinking to the bottom of the sea, and Ikki analyzed his surroundings. There were four enemies to his left, right, front and back.

He can do this to boost his cognition and this also makes the world run in slow motion from Ikki's perspective. And this is not even counting the fact that ikki can fight people much faster.
Okay but that still wouldnt be enough to bypass Witch Time's time slow. Also how far into MTFL+ is Ikki? Because Bayo and co can dodge projectiles moving 25000+c when theyre micrometers away from them

They are eementally intangible, Joys are made of pure energy while golems are liquid metal
Aren't joys stated to be like spirits and shit?

And Golems are liquid metal that takes shape though. They morph into tangible things. Also doesn't Bayo beat them by whacking their core?

Okay but that still wouldnt be enough to bypass Witch Time's time slow.
It would counter it quite a bit, absolutely. The huge amp from that on top of being able to fight opponents largely faster, it would make it close to a non factor.

Also how far into MTFL+ is Ikki?
Irrelevant, speed is equal.

Aren't joys stated to be like spirits and shit?

And Golems are liquid metal that takes shape though. They morph into tangible things. Also doesn't Bayo beat them by whacking their core?
No Joys are angels

Not the liquid metal ones no, thats only the occult device golems
It would counter it quite a bit, absolutely. The huge amp from that on top of being able to fight opponents largely faster, it would make it close to a non factor.
It wouldnt though? Not only would Ikki not realize that he would need to use it as Witch Time would slow his thought process down to almost nothing, but him fighting faster opponents means basically nothing when he's not even going to be able to move or think to be able to use any amps or techniques
Irrelevant, speed is equal.
It is kinda relevant as its meant to show how potent her time slow is

No Joys are angels
Joys are members of the Seraphim class within the angelic hierarchy's First Sphere. These beings have broken free of any physical conception of form and have become truly spiritual.

Not the liquid metal ones no, thats only the occult device golems
Oh, well the liquid metal ones still turn to liquid to shape shift, rather than staying liquid. At least that's what im seeing from the gameplay.

It wouldnt though? Not only would Ikki not realize that he would need to use it as Witch Time would slow his thought process down to almost nothing, but him fighting faster opponents means basically nothing when he's not even going to be able to move or think to be able to use any amps or techniques
Nah man, now you're overplaying Witch Time to ridiculous degrees. What it looks and what it is are far too different. From what im seeing in some moments it can be easily said to be about 1/3 of the speed.

It is kinda relevant as its meant to show how potent her time slow is
No it's not. A SoL dude will see a sub-rel dude move just as fast as a MFTL dude sees an FTL dude.

It's not the "absolute" (even though no speed besides that of light is absolute irl) speed that matters, it's the relative speed. So how much faster you are. An MFTL dude doesn't need to be slowed more than a subsonic dude, to appear just slow to comparable people.

So as long as the speed division (since that's what slowing time does) is the same, it doesn't matter what the original speed was.

I know this appears to be a clusterfuck of an example, but i hope you got my point.

Nah man, now you're overplaying Witch Time to ridiculous degrees. What it looks and what it is are far too different. From what im seeing in some moments it can be easily said to be about 1/3 of the speed.
'What youve seen' thus far are in-game examples of Witch Time, not cutscene examples.

Lets see...Ive already shown the clip of Witch Time slowing down time to the extent that a, several minute long boss fight was over in a split second, but i can get some other examples:

Another multi-minute long fight that happens in a split second (19:21 to 22:05)

Debris frozen in mid-air (45:00)

Setting up debris frozen in midair (52:23)

Luka frozen in time while Bayo draws on his face (53:44)

Raindrops rendered frozen in time to the point that they can be compressed into a solid spear of ice (1:54:00)

More debris rendered frozen (2:46:21)

A bridge being blown up rendered near frozen (17:53)
No it's not. A SoL dude will see a sub-rel dude move just as fast as a MFTL dude sees an FTL dude.

It's not the "absolute" (even though no speed besides that of light is absolute irl) speed that matters, it's the relative speed. So how much faster you are. An MFTL dude doesn't need to be slowed more than a subsonic dude, to appear just slow to comparable people.

So as long as the speed division (since that's what slowing time does) is the same, it doesn't matter what the original speed was.

I know this appears to be a clusterfuck of an example, but i hope you got my point.
So...Witch Time would slow him to being basically timestopped. Thats what im getting from this

Also as another instance of her being able to bypass Trackless Step, In a fight against young Balder she managed to notice he was wearing her mother's lipstick around his neck

'What youve seen' thus far are in-game examples of Witch Time, not cutscene examples.
Oh, fair. Those examples you mentioned, none of them are anywhere bigger than 40 or 60x time slow.

So...Witch Time would slow him to being basically timestopped. Thats what im getting from this
What you should be getting from that is, speed is irrelevant. The slow remains the same.

Also as another instance of her being able to bypass Trackless Step, In a fight against young Balder she managed to notice he was wearing her mother's lipstick around his neck
You'd have to be straight up blind not to notice that stuff my guy. Again the lipstick on somebody isn't info the mind unconsciously blocks.

I mean if she notices things that small, I fail to see how a whole dude could make himself feel unimportant to someone that observant.
Lipstick smears aren't small unless you get kissed by a ******* hobbit.

I fail to see how her noticing something as obvious as glossy, bright colored lipstick is enough to counter Ikki's Trackless Step.

Although I'm not sure how potent Witch Time really is, could anyone elaborate on it's Potency with scans? Been meaning to play Bayonetta but haven't found the time.

I mean if she notices things that small, I fail to see how a whole dude could make himself feel unimportant to someone that observant.
Shizuku literally unionizes every atom of large amounts of water though. I could make the same argument for the "oh but she notices atoms why does she fail to see Touka", yet she can't see touka.

You're bringing up these examples that literally average dudes would notice. Like....can you show me Bayonetta being aware of the position of every single pebble in her line of sight and remember their exact position during the fight without paying attention? Can you show me Bayonetta remembering every single pebble she stepped on during a fight where she could die at any moment? That would be the level we're talking about.

Lipstick smears aren't small unless you get kissed by a ******* hobbit.

I fail to see how her noticing something as obvious as glossy, bright colored lipstick is enough to counter Ikki's Trackless Step.

Although I'm not sure how potent Witch Time really is, could anyone elaborate on it's Potency with scans? Been meaning to play Bayonetta but haven't found the time.
Because its not bright, glossy lipstick, its a sealed tube of lipstic that is the same gold color as the rest of his outfit

Because its not bright, glossy lipstick, its a sealed tube of lipstic that is the same gold color as the rest of his outfit
Can you unironically not notice a lipstick if put right in front of your eyes though...?

I posted it above
Which one exactly? You put a bunch of them in there, can you quote the 30 min one? (not that it will matter, cus it's actually still not enough)

Can you unironically not notice a lipstick if put right in front of your eyes though...?
It wasnt tho, they were several meters apart and its the same danm color as all the other gold metal that Balder wears
Which one exactly? You put a bunch of them in there, can you quote the 30 min one? (not that it will matter, cus it's actually still not enough)
Schnee beat me to it

It wasnt tho, they were several meters apart and its the same danm color as all the other gold metal that Balder wears
So you can't notice a girl wearing a necklace if it's like...5 meters away from you?

Dude come on now. Even you know that's not gonna cut it.

Weekly can correct me but I believe this was it.
Why is that 30 min? Also she didn't use witch time the whole way through.

No she was using witch time, even ignoring the multiple moments she activated a second layer of it during the fight its shown at the end that the fight only took a split second from Luka's point of view.

The very beginning of the fight, Luka is rappeling up the helicopter, by the end, Bayonetta is literally sitting in the chopper waiting for him.

No she was using witch time, even ignoring the multiple moments she activated a second layer of it during the fight its shown at the end that the fight only took a split second from Luka's point of view.
I didn't see her activate it, it all looked normal speed to me, including the sea movements. It doesn't take more than a normal human's split second for a MFTL+ to finish a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back