• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speaking of comics I think I’m gonna make some crts for my favorite characters there. They’re missing some hax

Hold on. Scaling the cardinal virtues to Bayo via Bayo using serious mode against them presents a major issue. Bayo never used serious mode against Angel Rodin. Wouldn't this imply that the Cardinal Virtues are above Rodin? That clearly can't make sense since the cardinal virtues are equal to the high tier demons and contracted demons and Rodin casually blocked a wicked weave from Madama butterfly while in base.

There's clearly an issue here.

Why are we scaling any of the angels othr than the Dea to Bayo exactly...? The Virtues scale to Bayo's summons who get oneshot by people on Bayo's level

I'm just going off of what Comic said their plans were to buff up the Cardinal Virtues and those who scale to them up to Bayo. I need to go to bed but I can discuss more once I wake up.

The lore descriptions on one of the cardinals being able to destroy a country with their full power doesn't exactly help their case for scaling to universal.

Last edited:
It literally says this.

When the true power of the virtue of Temperance is laid upon our world, it is said to come as a tornado, capable of swallowing an entire country.

True power heavily implies he's not holding back. That again doesn't exactly back up universal Cardinals.

Here’s the thing, outside of the beginning cutscene of the fight, and the ending cutscene where she beats him, we don’t get any fighting scenes. Unlike the bosses where she uses serious mode, she doesn’t get animated fight time. However it’s a safe assumption to say that she is fighting him very seriously, even if she doesn’t use that “serious state” in game.

It makes sense why she doesn’t use it against him, or rather why the developers didn’t implement it for him. Rodin isn’t a large boss like all the others, she only uses the serious mode in game against the larger enemies, that you can’t fight with your regular hands. Despite this it’s a safe assumption to say she was serious.

There are inconsistencies in game, we know this by now. One of the lore additions say that a first sphere can destroy a planet, however the angels aren’t planetary yet. I wouldn’t exactly use that excerpt to go against the scaling, since Kamiya has already admitted that he writes what he thinks sounds cool.

We don’t have to scale them to universal, bayo toying with them is a point, but she is supposedly using her full strength anyways. They can still be down scaled a bit under universal, or else it wouldn’t make sense at all. A serious, very angry (in some cases) Bayonetta vs Angels who are apparently just 6-A? She’d atomize them by just moving

How so? If they can put a fight against her, even if just a small one then they can downscale. Anything that implies them not getting oneshotted is enough to scale, and the game shows that Bayonetta beats them down first.

By that logic any Angel or demon in general is 3-A because they put up a small fight and didn’t get oneshotted. That’s not how it works here. You need legit showing that Bayonetta was pushed to her limits or that they were on equal ground, like Balder or Loptr.

How so? If they can put a fight against her, even if just a small one then they can downscale. Anything that implies them not getting oneshotted is enough to scale, and the game shows that Bayonetta beats them down first.
Thats not how it works though, at best that would be game mechanics by the nature of them being bosses but the fact that they are shown to scale to demons that balder can oneshot moreso implies that they dont scale to Bayo

I mean I get that, but it’s really not the same case here. We’ve already made the distinction that Bayonetta is using her full power, as opposed to a casual state versus every other fodder Angel she comes across. They wouldn’t scale to her for fighting her

But if that’s not how the scaling works I’ll find something else, speed scaling still applies tho

Speed scaling in the verse has gotten super messed up ever since that absurd witch time revision. But anyways, cardinals scaling to 3-A creates HUGE problems and doesn't work or make sense at all.

What's the justification for Aesir's low godly again? He survived as a soul but you kinda need to regen your body from that, which he was not shown to do. It didn't sound like his plans to go to the spirit realm involved regening there, considering the way Loki described it as being "reborn."

It sounds more like a non combat applicable regen. Unless he somehow tries posssessing you which isn’t in character given he didn’t want to get in balder’s body.

Well, it isn't in character and it's essentially useless too. He only kinda just makes you evil and he can't even escape unless the possessed incredibly weakened and on the verge of death.

The same guys who ignored Shuraba, the sword they flat out said can rot the souls and shrugged it off by saying Dante can’t die. Honestly one of the worst parts of the research given they hardly talked about how or why Dante counters any of Bayonetta’s abilities and chalked it up to being immortal.
Almost like they ignored their entire research team or something lol

Back