• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the two strongest MCU heroes

Goodyfresh said that "Thor with Stormbreaker in Infinity War is the strongest of all the heroes ever in the MCU besides Peter Quill when he had his Celestial powers". So I decided to pit Celestial powers-activated Peter Quill and Infinity War buff Stormbreaker Thor against each other to find out who the strongest hero in the entire MCU truly is.

Celestial Boi: 0

Asgardian Boi: 0

Hawkeye kills both (Inconclusive): 0

But Celestial Quill is 5A while Thor is Low 6B so he's not hurting Quill. One can argue BFR but thor using the bifrost in combat is out of character...

BlitzStrike said:
But Celestial Quill is 5A while Thor is Low 6B so he's not hurting Quill. One can argue BFR but thor using the bifrost in combat is out of character...
But he cut through a blast from the completed Infinity Gauntlet and let me remind you:

Power Stone due to razing planets would be 5-A. Quill held the Power Stone without disintegrating, sure, but only with the help of Drax, Rocket, and Gamora. So he doesn't even scale.

6 Infinity Stones = 6 5-As > 1 5-A > Peter Quill's durability.

I'm not sure whether there was any confirmation that every infinity stone is considered as 5A at least not to my knowledge although power stone is what I'm sure of

Thats not how it works at all.

The 6 stone beam needs to be proven to be stonger than the 5-A usage of the Power Stone, its an outlier if you can, even if its not an outlier, there are consistent statements from both the Russos and IW writers that the axe hard countered the IG so its not applicable regardless.

Imagine using base human Quill to say he can't survive holding the Power Stone as a Celestial.

6 5-As? Gtfo lol. Only the Power Stone is 5-A and that is situational as the energy it releases is proportional to the size of the target. Every other Stone is nowhere near Tier 6, let alone Tier 5.

Celestial Quill is bloodlusted by nature so he just one shots.

Forgot to mention there was a thread here regarding Thanos being bumped up to 3A and I read there that the Stormbreaker is actually made by the the dwarf(forgot his name) as a form of "kryptonite" to the IG which is why it easily cut through the beam thanos unleashed

BlitzStrike said:
Forgot to mention there was a thread here regarding Thanos being bumped up to 3A and I read there that the Stormbreaker is actually made by the the dwarf(forgot his name) as a form of "kryptonite" to the IG which is why it easily cut through the beam thanos unleashed
The dwarf's name is Eitri.

AnonymousBlank said:
The 6 stone beam needs to be proven to be stonger than the 5-A usage of the Power Stone, its an outlier if you can, even if its not an outlier, there are consistent statements from both the Russos and IW writers that the axe hard countered the IG so its not applicable regardless.
So by your logic, Captain Marvel (clearly not the strongest hero in the MCU) can beat buff Thor with Stormbreaker. Just because Stormbreaker was made to hard-counter the Infinity Gauntlet doesn't mean we can just assume it's completely powerless against anyone else.

AnonymousBlank said:
Imagine using base human Quill to say he can't survive holding the Power Stone as a Celestial.
Taneleer Tivan outright states: "Once, for a moment, a group [given by the TV-like thing showing a Celestial boi slamming his Power Stone-enhanced staff on the ground, must've been the Celestials] was able to share the energy [of the Infinity Stones] amongst themselves, but even they were quickly destroyed by it."

AnonymousBlank said:
6 5-As? Gtfo lol. Only the Power Stone is 5-A and that is situational as the energy it releases is proportional to the size of the target. Every other Stone is nowhere near Tier 6, let alone Tier 5.
Again, may I remind you of Taneleer Tivan's statement? The Celestials shared the power of the Infinity Stones but were quickly destroyed by them. And since Celestial powers-activated Quill is 5-A, Celestials are 5-A by default via Ego being 5-A and also a Celestial himself.

Nice strawman. Go get the quotes of me saying any of that.

Except the group weren't Celestials. If you want to assert as such, prove it. The only one who is a Celestial in his explanation is Eson who did not get disintegrated and is the reason we even have the 5-A calc.

His statement is irrelevant and was only used to set up the GoyG doing the exact same later on. Unless you can prove the group were Celestials, those guys were human level. I guess you think base Ronan is also above Celestial level since he held the stone without disintegrating? Celestials are 5-B based on an Ego calc.

AnonymousBlank said:
Nice strawman. Go get the quotes of me saying any of that.
Except the group weren't Celestials. If you want to assert as such, prove it. The only one who is a Celestial in his explanation is Eson who did not get disintegrated and is the reason we even have the 5-A calc.

His statement is irrelevant and was only used to set up the GoyG doing the exact same later on. Unless you can prove the group were Celestials, those guys were human level. I guess you think base Ronan is also above Celestial level since he held the stone without disintegrating? Celestials are 5-B based on an Ego calc.
Oh. I saw that the group harnessing the Power Stones were definitely not Celestials.

My bad.

the russo brothers have exageratted before is there any specefic reason as to why stormbreaker hard counters the ig beam? when thor is outmatched he opts for using the bifrost (hela fight) so im going with him

also whats quills dura because stormbreaker can oneshot almost anybody in the mcu bar prime odin and dormamu, can he even react to his lighting strikes?

Russos exagerating is one thing but them doing so multiple times on the same topic and responding the same way which is also consistent with what the script writers themselves say? That is most certainly another thing altogether. We don't need to have the mechanics of 2+2 explained to us, just told that the answer is 4, same here.

Thor didn't use the Bifrost, Heimdall did and only because Loki called him so they could runaway after the Odinbros watched Mjolnir get squished like a grape. Now lets look at another fight where Thor got outmatched, Thanos. Knew how strong he was, knew he had a bigass army, no back up coming to save them as far as he knew, still chose to attack the guy. How about after he, Tony and Cap got soloed? Still didnt BFR Thanos across the universe.

Quill's dura is 5-A via taking hits from Ego. He scales to everyone else in the MCU in speed, so the question is if Thor can react to his own lightning.

the dwarf mentioning that it counters the IG would have been more concrete proof, and ive only heard the russo brothers mention it once

thats because thanos would just comeback at most it would have just stalled a few hours

and tbh probably not, when he summons his lighting its to his weapon he dosent really react to it

Eitri saying it would definitely make it better but nothing contradicts the statement amd it explains the PUS that otherwise is Stormbreaker > IG.

........ Thanos and what MFTL+ space travel on his person?

Yeah I figured, was wondering if you thought of something I didn't. Lightning still doesn't harm Quill at all though.

plot inducted stupidity?

true in my mind idk why i thought he would just take his ship back

ill have to rewatch gotg because i could have swore the core had a weak point or maybe im thinking of ego

AnonymousBlank said:
Russos exagerating is one thing but them doing so multiple times on the same topic and responding the same way which is also consistent with what the script writers themselves say? That is most certainly another thing altogether. We don't need to have the mechanics of 2+2 explained to us, just told that the answer is 4, same here.
Thor didn't use the Bifrost, Heimdall did and only because Loki called him so they could runaway after the Odinbros watched Mjolnir get squished like a grape. Now lets look at another fight where Thor got outmatched, Thanos. Knew how strong he was, knew he had a bigass army, no back up coming to save them as far as he knew, still chose to attack the guy. How about after he, Tony and Cap got soloed? Still didnt BFR Thanos across the universe.

Quill's dura is 5-A via taking hits from Ego. He scales to everyone else in the MCU in speed, so the question is if Thor can react to his own lightning.
Who isn't even 5-A as he had to plant thousands of plants on thousands of worlds over millions of years, he needs them to reach the tier, and it isn't even his physical strength alone, and before you say "X didn't perform two feats by flicking his wrist and causing two building explosions, he just possessed enough energy for it", one source causing two explosions is one thing, but thousands of sources each performing 1 High 6-A feat? That is most certainly another thing altogether.

Quill being able to withstand the power of the Power Stone which is 5-A for a short time is also meaningless, as it has been explicitly stated that the Power Stone's output varies depending on the target:

The stone reacts to anything organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge.
~ Gamora​

Are you ignorant or willfully ignorant? The flowers don't amp his potency. Quill is 5-A, avatar Ego is comparable, Quill takes hits from Ego, he is 5-A. This is one source performing thousands of feats, one of which is 5-A. Your argument for it being High 6-A also doesn't matter as Quill still oneshots. Your entire argument is semantics.

You keep strawmanning. No one argued about the Power Stone being a reason for 5-A. You just keep bringing it up when nobody even bothers with it. We agree its not reasoning so can you drop it already?

AnonymousBlank said:
Are you ignorant or willfully ignorant? The flowers don't amp his potency. Quill is 5-A, avatar Ego is comparable, Quill takes hits from Ego, he is 5-A. This is one source performing thousands of feats, one of which is 5-A. Your argument for it being High 6-A also doesn't matter as Quill still oneshots. Your entire argument is semantics.
You keep strawmanning. No one argued about the Power Stone being a reason for 5-A. You just keep bringing it up when nobody even bothers with it. We agree its not reasoning so can you drop it already?
No, each of the plants perform High 6-A feats, both are needed for that, and they cannot do the blue stuff spreading over planets thing all by themselves physically, thus Ego is not 5-A and neither is Quill.

No. The profile says it is 5-A thus it is 5-A. Finish your CRT or drop the point of High 6-A.

Read up on how we treat AP. If X waves his hand to make a universe from his own energy and waves his hand to hit Y, then the former is clearly universal and the latter scales to it for being the exact same action. Ego uses his and Quill's energy to perform the Expansion so the requited energy is split between them. They then use that same energy to fight each other but rather than being careful about it, Quill is bloodlusted and is throwing everything he can at Ego who matches him anyway. Everything Ego does is with that energy and if he is trying but unable to restrain Quill due to him fighting back, then his power (the same power used for the feat) is not sufficient to simply stop Quill.

AnonymousBlank said:
No. The profile says it is 5-A thus it is 5-A. Finish your CRT or drop the point of High 6-A.
Read up on how we treat AP. If X waves his hand to make a universe from his own energy and waves his hand to hit Y, then the former is clearly universal and the latter scales to it for being the exact same action. Ego uses his and Quill's energy to perform the Expansion so the requited energy is split between them. They then use that same energy to fight each other but rather than being careful about it, Quill is bloodlusted and is throwing everything he can at Ego who matches him anyway. Everything Ego does is with that energy and if he is trying but unable to restrain Quill due to him fighting back, then his power (the same power used for the feat) is not sufficient to simply stop Quill.
No. Just because the profile says it is 5-A doesn't mean that it's 5-A at all.

Also, you just proved the point I was trying to communicate. Ego and Quill needed their energy to perform the Expansion, so therefore neither of them are 5-A due to the 5-A feat requiring their combined energy.

You must not understand what the profiles are for then. Like I said, get the 5-A removed or drop the point.

I didn't prove anything you were trying to say. It needs both of their energy so we halve the result. Guess what? They are still 5-A. Go make a CRT on shared feats being inapplicable if you insist on this idiocy.

AnonymousBlank said:
You must not understand what the profiles are for then. Like I said, get the 5-A removed or drop the point.
I didn't prove anything you were trying to say. It needs both of their energy so we halve the result. Guess what? They are still 5-A. Go make a CRT on shared feats being inapplicable if you insist on this idiocy.
Big words coming from the dude who's red in the face going off his rocker over fictional characters.

And razing the surface, which the Expansion basically is, is not 5-A. Completely destroying the planet is 5-A.

Red in the face? Nice projection. Going by your logic, I guess I must be triggered if I called a clown a clown.

Razing the surface is not automatically a specific tier. There are multiple factors than can drastically change the result such as the speed at which it occurs, the size of the planet etc. Go ask someone if busting a mountain is automatically mountain level.

Planet level (5-B) is a rating for a reason, we don't just hop to Large Planet (5-A) out of nowhere.

Do we need to go back over how explosions work? You still don't seem to get how they work yet.

AnonymousBlank said:
Red in the face? Nice projection. Going by your logic, I guess I must be triggered if I called a clown a clown.Razing the surface is not automatically a specific tier. There are multiple factors than can drastically change the result such as the speed at which it occurs, the size of the planet etc. Go ask someone if busting a mountain is automatically mountain level.
Planet level (5-B) is a rating for a reason, we don't just hop to Large Planet (5-A) out of nowhere.

Do we need to go back over how explosions work? You still don't seem to get how they work yet.
Giving one nuclear bomb more speed than another nuclear bomb isn't gonna change anything, they're still going to have the same destructive power. And even if you debunk that, it still isn't 5-A because the Expansion blue matter was moving pretty slowly by surface-razing standards.

Busting a mountain is automatically mountain level. It's a mountain no matter how you look at it. If it's not mountain level, it's not even a mountain. More like a hill or a country.

That seems to be what you did for the Power Stone. A simple surface-razing feat and you seem to have jumped to 5-A a little too quickly.

And explosions? Where did you pull that from and what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

I already explained this to you. Speed for the bomb itself will only effect the KE of the actual bomb, not the yield of the bomb. The speed of the blast is a completely different thing as it needs to have a higher yield to move faster. Thanks for proving once again that you don't know what you are talking about. Nice shifting of the goalposts there.

Lemme guess, you didn't ask anyone did you? Because anyone with a shred of common sense and has ever been involved with a mountain busting feat will tell you that busting a mountain is not automatically mountain level. Complete fragmentation of a mountain is small city level ergo Low 7-B ergo not 7-A.

...... are you strawmanning again or is this just a false equivalency? Either way you still failed to comprehend what I am saying. Baseline destruction of a planet is baseline 5-B, that is why it is called planet level. This is not the same as a feat reaching a higher tier than what you normally expect.

Proving me correct twice in one post? You are rather generous today. Its how the 5-A feat was calced hence it is relevant. You are even comparing the Expansion to a surface wipe and even want to attribute the standard surface wipe value to it. Three guesses how we calc those? First two don't count.

Back