• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Secondary Female Protagonists (Mash Kyrielight vs. Curly Brace)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
No hero can do everything alone. Despite their promise to greatness, despite their good intentions, even the best of the best needs help at times. Call them sidekicks, call them partners, or call them friends, these people will put their all into helping the hero win the day. And there are no two better examples of this determination and loyalty than our two combatants today. So who will win the day, the Demi-Servant who puts her all into fighting against the mighty foes of her Master to save their future, or the amnesiac robot who finds her own purpose and decides to fight to forces of evil so all of her friends will be safe.

In the blue corner, we have Mash Kyrielight from Fate/Grand Order, and in the red corner, we have Curly Brace from Cave Story.

latest
latest
  • This battle is to the death or incapacitation, no holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in the ruins of Fuyuki City, giving Mash the home field advantage.
  • Speed is not equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

The Master's Defender: 0

The Mimiga's Defender: 0

Inconclusive: 0

You never said which Tier she is so....
Mash One-Shots because she's Island Level. Also, didn't she 1v1 and beat Lancelot, one of the most skilled Characters in the Franchise?

You never said which Tier she is so....
Mash One-Shots because she's Island Level. Also, didn't she 1v1 and beat Lancelot, one of the most skilled Characters in the Franchise?
I...didn't think that I had to specify. She's Low-7-B.

What? Her profile literally says she has a 6-C Rating.

I wish I could figure out how to post pics on Mobile. These controls are ******* ass.

That because profile still not being edited, right now we are edited a more than hundred profiles of servants because the downgrades to Low 7-B

Curly has no way to get around Mash's Lord Lord Camelot, also Mash is the one single servant that fllowed Ritsuka throught all the singgularities and all the Lostbelts, so she's vastly more skilled

Mash wins, hands down

Though, i don't think Curly can even affect her, as servants are immune to modern weapons/that lack mystery

Though, i don't think Curly can even affect her, as servants are immune to modern weapons/that lack mystery
Ah, yes, and I'm sure the Nemesis, a gun that literally shoots lightning bolts, is a very common thing that lacks any mystery whatsoever.

Pretty sure Curley has both the range and mobility advantage. Mash is gonna struggle immensely close the gap since she only has melee. Voting Curley.

The mystery point is bollocks, an advanced robot with a machine gun that lets her fly and a lightning gun is normal weaponry.

You say that like there aren't Weapons that manipulate Electricity already. I know they don't Shoot lightning, but from what I've seen in other threads that doesn't seem like it meets the requirement to get passed Servant Immunity.

Other threads aren’t a reliable primary source.
Give me a source that proves futuristic city tier weapons and machines are considered normal.

@Starter_Pack

you do realize that weapns that use electricity aren't even very futuristic ? Like, tazers are a thing

@00potato

Lord Camelot reflects attacks back at the sender, also Mash has fought against and defeated Archers, Lancers and Casters, which have better mobility, better ranged combact and are waaaay more skilled than Curly

I doubt many of them have better mobility than her with her flight. How accurate is she at the reflection, Curley is gonna be constantly on the move with her flight and stuff. Curley also has a shield of her own to protect herself.
Also I don’t think Mash has too many 1v1’s to note considering how often groups of servants fight in GO, so her fighting those servants has a lot of variance to whether it is usable or not.

her flight is not even real flight, it's just propelling herself with the machine gun [Which to note is completly useless since servants are immune to bullets], she has fought countless flying opponents
Also, servants can jump several hundred meters into the air and even chubby servants can make 720° backflips mid-air, so flying out of range is not an option

it reflect attacks in the opposite direction

She may have a shield too, but unlike Mash's it's not tens of tiers above their AP, so it can be easilly shattered
Also, about grups of servants, gameplay is not canon, as story wise Ritsuka only has 2-3 servants most of the time and in more than a few occasions Mash is the only servant he has

Also to add to my earlier points, she has regeneration to allow her to shrug off hits, can outlast via her higher stamina and can phaze out of the time axis to dodge attacks

So, from what you're saying, this is, in every shape and form, a stomp for Mash. Is that what I'm hearing?

Also, tasers are not like the Nemesis. At all. Tasers shoots wires at the target and zaps a person with non-lethal amounts of electricity to incapacitate them. The Nemesis literally shoots a lightning bolt out of the other end. If that isn't at least somewhat mystifying, I don't know what is.

>So, from what you're saying, this is, in every shape and form, a stomp for Mash. Is that what I'm hearing?

Probably

>Also, tasers are not like the Nemesis. At all. Tasers shoots wires at the target and zaps a person with non-lethal amounts of electricity to incapacitate them. The Nemesis literally shoots a lightning bolt out of the other end. If that isn't at least somewhat mystifying, I don't know what is.

it's gun that uses electricity to attack

There's not really anything mystifyig here

If it only reflects in the opposite direction, than Curly should dodge the vast majority of them if she stays on the move and the shield should protect her from any she doesn’t.
Since Mash can’t really reach Curley considering the mobility and range advantage, she is stuck playing defense the whole fight. She is far more likely to get hit than to hit Curley since her only range option is linear reflection, her only wincon is to stall her out, valid but unlikely, especially considering that Curly has very high stamina so this will last a while.

Mash very much holds the mobility advantage since servants can jump hundreds of meters in the air and can even do ****** 720° backflip while doing so
The range of Curley's guns is only several meters, so Mash can easilly bridge the gap and smack her, also again, she vastly outskills the robot

Not if Curley is moving at the same speed up and/or backwards while shooting at her.

When has Mash herself ever shown that much agility? She doesn’t exactly seem like the agile type and I don’t see how you can scale every feat to her without proof that she can do it herself.

you physically can't run as fast backwards than you do foward, as this is not an infinite flat plane, it's a city, so just running backwards endlessly is very much not doable

Ganesha has E AGI, she's the one that made the 720* backflip, Mash has D, so she's that agile, for further reference, Saber Alter also has D rank agility
also Acrobatics is an ability given by Servant Physiology

You probably can’t run as fast when being shot at either.

I mean an actual feat showing she can do it. A one off statistic isn’t much evidence.
If all she scales to is the backflip (I don’t see how she scales to SA considering we cannot be sure how much variance a tier has.) and again even if she can do that jumping while being shot at will likely leave her open.

it's not a one off statistic, it's a stat system, also SA and Mash are both D, so they should be somewhat comparable at least

also, friendly reminder she has a huge ass shield bigger than her own body, so she can litterally just charge while holding it in front of her.

Yeah and she would still get slowed down by the constant hail of gunfire. Or Curley could just shoot wherever the shield doesn’t cover because if she puts it over most of her body her face is either exposed or her vision is reduced.

Or Curly could fly up somewhere high forcing Mash to jump (your only evidence for her being able to do that is a vauge statistic with no actual feats. What does that stat even mean speed, jumping ability, reaction time) Even if she could, she would have a hard time reading her while being shot at once the bullets from her guns have enough force to push Curly around, the same would apply to an airborne Mash.

bullets straight up can't affect her, lightnings are reflected back
and you can't just kite someone vastly more skilled than yourself with a very small range of advantage

Curly's range is only several meters, so she can't do that
Litterally every servant every can jump that high, LITTERALLY EVERYONE OF THEM
[Agility means Agility]

Yes you can kite someone more skilled than you if all they have is a shield and you have an inexhaustible supply of bullets. They literally cannot reach you past the hail of gunfire. Skill doesn’t somehow make you able to run past bullets strong enough to push you back without issue.

Explain how agility works here. You keep asserting that everyone scales completely off of a simple statistic. Does agility just refer to jumping, does it refer to speed, reaction time, flexibility. It is too brouad and vauge to say that she can because of a simple one off statistic with no feats or details to prove and elaborate on it. You adding caps and repetition doesn’t improve the quality of your point

Stats are how Servants work. If any Servant has the same Stat, they can both do almost the exact same shit as each other that rely on those stats.

Servant are litterally immune to stuff like bullets, they can't even be touched by them
also you know, she can dodge since she's much more skilled and also can see past her shield thanks to extrasensory perception
also what CINDER said

Y’all: Mash completely scales to Saber Alter in speed because of servant stats.
Me: Prove it, the stats are vauge and agility can mean a lot.
Cinder: That’s just how it works
Bruh. Are you serious right now? That is the opposite of evidence, it is a repetition of the claim.

Also Overlord
Servants are immune to normal everyday stuff. They haven’t shown any immunity to tier 7 machine guns with no ammo discernible ammo limit.

If this isn’t a stomp, count my vote for Eggplant Kouhai FRA.

Okay, since this match looks like a disaster, who's up for me switching things up and putting Quote in here instead?

Back