• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Kings:Prime Piccolo vs Post-Rose Meruem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool match, but assuming this is young King Piccolo then i go with the slug.

He had superior AP/Durability, had more combat experience, more combat skills and he doesn't lack hax either.

Meruem's only advantages are his Teleportation and Clairvoyance, but i don't think either will help him that much.

King Piccolo with mid difficulty.

Mureum's 7-B AP actually scales by survivin a 18.5 Megatons explosion or something, but still, PIccolo stomps him.

I need to say something: Meruem overwhelmed someone with a large experience.

Slug FRA.

Allow me to point something out? All FRAs on the comment that says "Meruem's only advantage is clairvoyance+teleportation (versatility)" will become invalid once I point this out.

Meruem's versatility isn't even a fraction of the real meaning of him being overpowered. It's not even the tip of the iceberg of what someone who looked at his character arc in Hunter X Hunter would see.

Meruem's biggest asset is his intellect, not any individual power, so something simple like "his versatility isn't enough" might be underestimating where Meruem's strength really lies, and how overwhelmed he might need to be in order to take free hits: both him and Netero during their fights were making perfect movements with flaws so insignificant that couldn't be called biases and yet Meruem would predict and heavily punish a mistake, analysing patterns to know when to expect it to happen and attacking with perfect timing.

Meruem is so ridiculously intelligent, so extremely good at foreseeing an opponent's movements and interacting with ridiculously complex and precise patterns where minuscule imprecisions cannot even be called biases in order to progressively corner opponents and force breaches in their defenses to open up for him to attack and severely punish them, he may as well just not get that one-shot he opens the potential for, due to simply punishing a flaw on Piccolo's moves and going back to full defense (or a dynamic of offense and defense necessary to block attacks and continue playing his game).

And that which I'm talking about comes from a fight against Netero, a man that was overwhelmed by Meruem's power, and yet managed to hold his own by being so skilled and intelligent that his flaws and imprecisions were barely significant at all and not humanly fathomable. Piccolo doesn't have that level of skill and is likely to get punished again and again without landing a hit, akin to a speedblitz, but intellect-based.

That would make this a similar battle to that between Composite Human and Baldi, wherein CH, a far weaker but far wiser fighter, defeated their extremely powerful opponent who could kill them off in a few blows, by using tools and tricks to overcome the difference in power and by using skill to minimize damage, deflect attacks instead of blocking them and such as to never really get that finishing blow, thus winning by the skin of their teeth.

So, now that nearly all the FRAs are dead, we have... two votes for Piccolo or so?

I am, of course, voting Meruem.

EDIT: Oh, just to add insult to injury, the very idea of an AP stomp against a Hunter X Hunter character with only the normal gap (five times) is already wrong. Not only is Piccolo's 97 megatons feat from his strongest attack while Meruem's 7-B would have his striking strength quite solidly scale from the Rose Bomb, but as a Nen user he can focus all or most of his aura in one part of the body to maximize offense or defense precisely there in detriment of the rest of the body. With his amazing foresight, there will be no possibility for Piccolo to exploit the weak spots, and this can increase his attack or defense for no less than two times no matter how you look at it, and that's not to mention the fact he can gather his aura over time or use charged attacks like a full power rage blast, while aiming for Piccolo's weak spots, to further help overcome the gap in strength. Of course, this is something most important HxH characters can do to some extent due to the sheer intelligence required to become a Hunter and how this level of intelligence is treated as fodder as the Greed Island arc comes by and hundreds of hunters are manipulated and tricked into their deaths before the ones responsible for that are outsmarted by the protagonist, deuteragonist and master.

It's not "Barely an AP stomp gap"

It is an AP stomp gap

If the tables could be turned at that AP, it wouldn't even be called an AP Stomp gap to begin with

You know the 5x barrier is an arbitrary limitation, right? It's not a reality-based undeniable truth, but rather a point after which nearly all fights become impossible to turn the tables on. Meruem still has Ko, extreme Gyos that drastically reduce the durability on the rest of the body, and...

...dude, I kinda detailed everything in my comment. Basically what I'm gonna say now is this: The 5x AP Stomp gap is not an absolute measurement. The tables ca be turned, it's just because the greater the ratio in AP between two fighters, the harder it is to turn the tables on the stronger fighter, and after 5x the likelihood of them being turned is so low you can categorically call it a stomp unless solid arguments are brought.

And that's what I did: bring arguments on.

If you want to discuss more on AP stomps, we can talk on my message wall or maybe make a CRT or General Discussion Thread and discuss the wiki's mechanics such as what constitutes a speedblitz, if an attribute-specific stomp based on a default measurement can be reverted through compensating it with other attributes, and such things. Typically, a battle where a baseline AP stomp is compensated by a baseline Speedblitz becomes balanced as the blitzer can cause damage but only very little and can be one-shot, but can spam a lot of attacks without getting hit.

It's not arbitrary

It is SPECIFICALLY the level of "You can't do jack for damage and I can slap you" AP that is accepted on this site.

No, I'm not the one who has to make a CRT to discuss it, that's you who has too, we've had two CRTs on the idea and we've accepted that as the general area.

Intelligence doesn't make yu punch harder.

Without a way to amplify your damage and defense, it's exactly that. Meruem has that way, tho. It's what I'm saying. Also, how do you know "five times" is the "exact level where damage becomes impossible"? Darn, we've had Composite Human beat an AP stomp with a pen/box cutter/such school tools. I'd totally love to read these CRTs, but I still don't think they should be taken as ultimate words as if "five times difference" is a barrier that can never be climbed without hax or with only minor (around 2x) multipliers in attack and defense which put a toll on each other.

What intelligence is being used for is, in a way, to make so these multipliers are used exactly at the situation wherein the detrimented attribute is not punished for that detriment, and optimized for best defensive effectiveness and damage.

It's Thread:1834152.

Also, the thread you pointed towards only further shows how arbitrary this cutoff point is and how it has all the potential in the world for a character to Plus Ultra into winning against an opponent many times stronger.

What do you mean "removing it"? It was a nigh-unanimous victory for CH, argued through and through, you can't just say "oh Baldi should have stomped because I have a closed mind and cannot understand the possibility of nuance in guidelines".

Just saying, as the lone Baldi supporter in that thread,

CH deserved to win, albeit by the skin of his/her/their teeth

But that was a fighter who had a far higher initial speed, even higher combat speed, the best martial arts prowess the world has ever known and the ability to negate durability to an extent against someone who is clueless at combat

It doesn't really apply here

Meruem does however come pretty close. He can circumvent his disadvantages, has a greater analytical ability than Composite Human and compares in martial arts prowess. In terms of the capacity to beat a far stronger opponent, Meruem may not be in the same level as CH, but is no pussy.

Mand21 said:
What do you mean "removing it"? It was a nigh-unanimous victory for CH, argued through and through, you can't just say "oh Baldi should have stomped because I have a closed mind and cannot understand the possibility of nuance in guidelines".
Quit getting worked up over nothing.

Ive shown you threads where it's the accepted amount, you've been shown on the majority of your own threads that the difference is obviously there and your only example Isnt even applicable here

How can he damage him? Hmm?

Yes, it is applicable, stop ignoring what I say and cherry-picking the lines that better suit you. Gyo and Ko can allow Meruem to cause damage, so can attacks to bodily weak points and both things can be combined together. Meruem's tail can deal piercing and cutting damage even better than the kinds of tools Composite Human had at his disposal to wound Baldi, and it is in character for him to use it to attack, plus with his intellect he'd definitely start using it if he notices it can cause significant damage to a far stronger opponent. That will allow him to target vital spots or, if it's hard to pierce them at the beginning, sensorial organs like the eyes and the inside of the ears, which are everything but sturdy, and cause debilitating damage rather easily.

Meruem's melee range is also extended by default, so he has a great advantage when fighting at close range!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back