• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of geniuses: Spider-Man vs Joseph Joestar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base Spider-Man and post-training Joseph are being used, and the speed is equalized.

Spider-Man: 9 (@Knifeman29, @CBslayeR, @The_Impress, @DaReaperMan, @JustANormalLemon, @TauanVictor, @StekFence, @LIFE_OF_KING, @ColonelSlyBanjo)
Joseph Joestar: 5 (@M3X, @SheevShezarrine, @Sonicflare9, @KingAllen30, @Bernkastelll)
Inconclusive:
hVAGd9J.png

Gzzk1km.png

Last edited:
I like this matchup

nizkJ28.png

Spidey has a physical edge with his AP and lifting strength being far higher than joseph. overpowering him would be a piece of cake if it came to that, though I doubt it would work due to Hamon. he should have an advantage in terms of experience as well, he has fought people with a variety of different attacks and powers. Spiderman should take mobility as well with is acrobatics and web slinging. meaning joseph probably couldn't get far if he tried to run from him. I think his webbing could also help unless Hamon stops it. he's also incredibly smart being able to think of ways to beat opponents in the middle of battle

Though while he is good at thinking up plans in battle, I think joseph has the upper hand in that regard. Joseph is extremely lucky and has many weapons he can infuse Hamon into for more damage. and he is also durable as hell, he survived hits from people 100 times stronger than him and hamon can dull pain. not to mention his ultimate Hamon overdrive that puts his AP above Spidey, though it does leave him somewhat tired, he also is incredibly clever being able to set up traps without enemies with lifetimes of experience noticing. couple that with how incredibly versatile Hamon is being able to ignore durability and use attacks like zoom punch, he could win this if Spidey isn't careful

So I believe it's a good match. both have many ways to win but with everything they to can do. I think Spiderman wins more often than not. the AP means he can do more damage than JoJo normally and he is probably a much better fighter than him as well. joseph is great at setting traps and Hamon could give him the win. but peter's spider-sense puts it in his favor for me. A lot of josephs victories in Part Two came from the element of surprise. him having a tommy gun and the grenade trick with Straitzo, the cactus exploding and hitting Donovan (you forgot who this was) the clackers coming back and hitting Wammu in the head, the plane etc. but if joseph were to set up a trap in this fight spider sense is just going to warn peter about it. And while I think joseph is a better strategist in battle, peter isn't stupid, also if peter figures out how Hamon works he could probably web josephs face and interrupt his breathing. I like both of these characters and it wouldn't be easy for either to win but I think peter should be able to take the victory. I vote Spider-Man.

I was probably wrong about somethings here so please correct me if you see something wrong

Last edited:
I actually don't understand exactly what Hamon is off Joseph's file. Can like, someone please clue me in?

Spider sense is viable but Spidey needs to hit Joseph with the webs first and if a length is sent out Joseph can quite easily use that to harm spidey with Hamon

So this is essentially a forced melee fight?

I see, Spider-Man IS a good melee combatant at least so he isn't hurting hard

So this is essentially a forced melee fight?

I see, Spider-Man IS a good melee combatant at least so he isn't hurting hard
I think so

Yeah, I can't say anything on Joseph from a skill perspective though since I have not watched nor read part 2

I'm trusting Knifeman is familiar ENOUGH with his analysis, and to note luck isn't a factor we'll consider in combat.

And voting Spider-Man FRA

As @DaReaperMan said, it's basically sunlight. It is most used in beings weak against sunlight, but it also works with humans and can damage veins and organs if concentrated on the person. It also helps in healing some of Joseph's own or other people's wounds. He has more abilities, but I believe these are the things that will be most versatile in this fight.

Has anyone brought up the several various hax abilities Hamon can inflict such as organ (notably heart) failure, loss of conscious, mind control, and more?

As well as the range of it, the ability to channel it through objects such as the ground, metal, liquids, and organic substances and more (The webbing would probably serve as a good conductor all things considered) its ability to amplify one's durability a great extent beyond what they can usually take, and a whole bunch of other shit like Joseph's stamina being so great he can run 100km with a mask that actively ***** him over, as well as the ability to heal things such as broken bones, cuts and even a broken neck with his Hamon.

All Joseph needs is to get one good charge on him, it'd be difficult with Spidey sense, but it's definitely doable and Joseph can play the stall game if need be given he can heal the types of injuries Spidey will be inflicting (presumably mostly blunt force trauma) and nullify any of the pain that comes with it.

He'd also be willing to flee if need be till he can set up a plan to defeat Spidey, as Joseph often does.

I also feel like Joseph's victories are being undersold, he beat Esidisi flat out, no luck involved, just skill, intellect and power. Wham even more so, definitely edging more on the intellect part but he definitely tossed hands and played his cards right. Santana who Joseph was vastly outmatched upon, still took blows, and even nearly had his arm punched clean off (Which Joseph healed in seconds, to give an idea of the ability he can heal to) and Joseph still managed to hold out before exploiting his weakness. And while Spidey has an AP advantage, it's not by a whole lot, or rather, it is in regards to Joseph's own AP (probably about 2x), but Joseph's isn't gonna be fighting with raw strength, he never does, it's gonna be all coupled with Hamon, with ignores durability with its slew of various effects. And in regards to durability, Joseph should be well and capable of taking blows from those on Spidey's level (or even above it if you factor in Kars), kinda mitigating Spidey's AP advantage as Joseph's healing and pain null and innate sturdiness would make him fully capable of taking numerous blows (And that might even be a good thing, Joseph can transfer Hamon through other means than just his hands).

Hamon's potency increases if focused through something like the finger tips, but that's just for increased potency (smaller area exerted, much like how a water jet is more focused the smaller the hole), Joseph can release Hamon through other means, such as storing it in his legs (how they water walk), he can even cover his body in the stuff, though it's much weaker, that shouldnt matter a whole lot if Joseph doesn't need to unleash a huge burst of it to vaporize Spidey given, well, he can't, he ain't weak to sunlight.

Idk lads, Joseph just needs one single really good hit to win regardless of durability, while Spidey needs who knows how many given Joseph's resilience, healing and pain null, and one of Spidey's best advantages, the webbing, is likely a good Hamon conductor, making Spidey's webbing extremely risky.

Has anyone brought up the several various hax abilities Hamon can inflict such as organ (notably heart) failure, loss of conscious, mind control, and more?

As well as the range of it, the ability to channel it through objects such as the ground, metal, liquids, and organic substances and more (The webbing would probably serve as a good conductor all things considered) its ability to amplify one's durability a great extent beyond what they can usually take, and a whole bunch of other shit like Joseph's stamina being so great he can run 100km with a mask that actively ***** him over, as well as the ability to heal things such as broken bones, cuts and even a broken neck with his Hamon.

All Joseph needs is to get one good charge on him, it'd be difficult with Spidey sense, but it's definitely doable and Joseph can play the stall game if need be given he can heal the types of injuries Spidey will be inflicting (presumably mostly blunt force trauma) and nullify any of the pain that comes with it.

He'd also be willing to flee if need be till he can set up a plan to defeat Spidey, as Joseph often does.

I also feel like Joseph's victories are being undersold, he beat Esidisi flat out, no luck involved, just skill, intellect and power. Wham even more so, definitely edging more on the intellect part but he definitely tossed hands and played his cards right. Santana who Joseph was vastly outmatched upon, still took blows, and even nearly had his arm punched clean off (Which Joseph healed in seconds, to give an idea of the ability he can heal to) and Joseph still managed to hold out before exploiting his weakness. And while Spidey has an AP advantage, it's not by a whole lot, or rather, it is in regards to Joseph's own AP (probably about 2x), but Joseph's isn't gonna be fighting with raw strength, he never does, it's gonna be all coupled with Hamon, with ignores durability with its slew of various effects. And in regards to durability, Joseph should be well and capable of taking blows from those on Spidey's level (or even above it if you factor in Kars), kinda mitigating Spidey's AP advantage as Joseph's healing and pain null and innate sturdiness would make him fully capable of taking numerous blows (And that might even be a good thing, Joseph can transfer Hamon through other means than just his hands).

Hamon's potency increases if focused through something like the finger tips, but that's just for increased potency (smaller area exerted, much like how a water jet is more focused the smaller the hole), Joseph can release Hamon through other means, such as storing it in his legs (how they water walk), he can even cover his body in the stuff, though it's much weaker, that shouldnt matter a whole lot if Joseph doesn't need to unleash a huge burst of it to vaporize Spidey given, well, he can't, he ain't weak to sunlight.

Idk lads, Joseph just needs one single really good hit to win regardless of durability, while Spidey needs who knows how many given Joseph's resilience, healing and pain null, and one of Spidey's best advantages, the webbing, is likely a good Hamon conductor, making Spidey's webbing extremely risky.
Spider Man resists his mind hax Joseph's doesn't have the potency to affect him. He may resist hamon heart failure also because of his biological manip resistance and due to him probably being strong enough to take the shock.

Is hamon's dura negation from the heart failure? Also Joseph is gonna be getting hit by webs also, which can disable him due to not having the LS to tear it off. Spidey may also figure out that hamon is tied to his breathing and web up his mouth and nose.

I don't think Joseph would be able to escape Spidey with the secret technique, Web swinging is faster due to momentum and he'd be on higher ground the whole time which can let him see where he's going. Joseph's usual style of traps also won't be effective due to Spider Sense and Spidey's intellect letting him know he walked into a trap or that something is coming to hurt him.

I'm pretty sure Spidey's webbing is usually a projectile when he's fighting someone, I don't think that Joseph could use his webbing against him unless he tries to swing him around. He also has to figure out that its a good conductor for hamon first since he doesn't know what web fluid is initially.

I don't think the vote count should've been reset, the initial reasonings for Spidey weren't debunked. There's just an argument for both of them winning now.

I'm pretty sure Spidey's webbing is usually a projectile when he's fighting someone, I don't think that Joseph could use his webbing against him unless he tries to swing him around. He also has to figure out that its a good conductor for hamon first since he doesn't know what web fluid is initially.
I'm pretty sure it would be the first thing he would try if he gets hit by a wire that connects him to the enemy and tries to pass hamon through it

other than that, i agree that spider man has a lot more advantages than joseph, so i'll keep my vote for the neighborhood friend

Fdp, resetou os votos.
Um brasileiro nesse lugar, nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back