• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Brain - Light Yagami vs Senku

Aww man this will be fun

Pretrifcation device restricted

2 hours of prep time then teleport to an empty japan

Senku - 0 -

Light - 0 -

Inconclusive - 0 -

Senku
Light Yagami (Kira)

There is a lot senku can do in 2 hours like make a bow and practice how to use it and can shoot the arm of light so he cannot write or even go for a head shot, before light can write Senku Ishigami (it would obviously take longer for light to write senku's name and to die a second after encountering). Even if the pretification device was not restricted, light probably wouldn't even survive lasting the length that senku did in petrifaction and will most likely die before he could get out because ryuk will write down light's death at the moment light is supposed to die.

>Senku with 3.5 hours of prep in the middle of a human-less NYC

So, pretty sure he has access to just about all real world technology that isn't too big, or absolutely impossible to home brew.

Meanwhile, I don't think Light has much of a way to figure out Senku's name. He only has a flip phone, so it's not like he can look up "child born with leeks for hair" unless he manages to get to a computer. And even if he could, he's probably going to get incapped or killed before he even gets a chance to see Senku regardless, given how much freedom Senku has to set up.

I'd say this is a stomp

He would get shinigami eyes especially if he would have to fight for his life and nor directly a stomp because light can be smart enough to evade or Dodge whatever senku has (let's say this battle was in the setting of the situation Senku is in with the world being pretificated) and if senku did not have this much prep time, maybe less than 30 minutes, total, light can just get shinigami eyes and look at senku and kill him like that, Unless senku is capable of making something for battle in less than 30 minutes, like imagine when they were trying to make a slingshot and uses rock ammunition and not kill but knock the pen or death note out of lights hand

Light's god complex is too much to get Shinigami eyes. He always believes that no matter how bad the situation is, he will win, so it's not worth getting the eyes to him. The only way I could see him getting them, is if Ryuk straight up told him that his Death clock was on the verge of running out, but Ryuk wouldn't do that, and that's require Senku to go for a kill over incapacitation.

I actually doubt Light would have much success with avoiding Senku's stuff, since Senku is way more experienced with using his intelligence for combat. Though Light would probably notice basic traps, things like a slingshot would be hard for him to handle.

30 minute prep time and setting this in a jungle, or somewhere with no access to modern tech, would definitely make this less advantageous to Senku, though he'd still have a good home field advantage, and would be much more capable of making use of stealth and the environment than Light.

If you want to set a certain battlefield, starting distance, etc. you need to put it in the OP. Also, you can't vote in your own vs threads.

Blahblah9755 said:
Light's god complex is too much to get Shinigami eyes. He always believes that no matter how bad the situation is, he will win, so it's not worth getting the eyes to him. The only way I could see him getting them, is if Ryuk straight up told him that his Death clock was on the verge of running out, but Ryuk wouldn't do that, and that's require Senku to go for a kill over incapacitation.

I actually doubt Light would have much success with avoiding Senku's stuff, since Senku is way more experienced with using his intelligence for combat. Though Light would probably notice basic traps, things like a slingshot would be hard for him to handle.

30 minute prep time and setting this in a jungle, or somewhere with no access to modern tech, would definitely make this less advantageous to Senku, though he'd still have a good home field advantage, and would be much more capable of making use of stealth and the environment than Light. If you want to set a certain battlefield, starting distance, etc. you need to put it in the OP. Also, you can't vote in your own vs threads.

Well Senku HAS made insane stuff in the jungle like his own hut and even a "Lab" So I see no trouble for him to make a weapon and win. But light Would in fact use the shinigami eyes if someone were to after and kill him. Who would tell their name when your fighting, Light without shini eyes is a stomp because dependable on what senku makes in 2 hours (which he can some pretty advanced things, like i mentioned A BOW or even slingshot) and no shit, if he was put in a fight (in which case this would be a fight to the death because they have no other way else to win unless somehow by incap) he WOULD get the shinigami eyes.

Light does have a win con so not a stomp besides death note and shini eyee because he is more atheleticly better than senku (you should at least remember the game he ahd against L) and beat him and senku is actually weak physically so without prep light can beat him

There is a lot senku can do in 2 hours like make a bow and practice how to use it and can shoot the arm of light so he cannot write or even go for a head shot, before light can write Senku Ishigami (it would obviously take longer for light to write senku's name and to die a second after encountering).

1. Senku would not show up to the encounter exposing his face. It's true that in Dr. Stone, he often does, but that's because (A) he is accompanied by people who can legitimately fight for him and defend him, and (B) in the stone world, the opponents tend to be weaker than him because they can't take advantage of stuff he normally would. These circumstances are very different, however. Senku would absolutely take advantage of every resource he has access to in empty Japan: this is in-character. So, I think this is sufficient reason to think Senku would at least show up with a mask of sorts. In fact, I think he would show up with some type of general armor, just because Senku would know that even the slightest advantage physically can make a big difference.

2. Light has to know Senku's name in order to kill Senku. It's not impossible to find out this name, but it's ridiculously hard. The only thing that invalidates this difficulty is the Shinigami eyes, but that's very much out of character, since Light wouldn't want to have Shinigami because his ego and pride trump his intelligence, which is something we absolutely know to be true to the plot of Death Note, even more so in the manga.

Even if the pretification device was not restricted, light probably wouldn't even survive lasting the length that senku did in petrifaction and will most likely die before he could get out because ryuk will write down light's death at the moment light is supposed to die.

There is literally nothing Light can do if he gets petrified. Senku only managed to de-petrify due to the presence of decent amounts of nitric acid in a nearby cave. Senku's brain activity did help, yes, but ultimately, revival has been shown (so far) to be impossible without nitric acid, unless supernatural hax are involved, but Light doesn't have those types of hax. This is why the petrification device HAS to be restricted: it would be a stomp otherwise.

He would get shinigami eyes especially if he would have to fight for his life and nor directly a stomp because light can be smart enough to evade or Dodge whatever senku has (let's say this battle was in the setting of the situation Senku is in with the world being pretificated)

1. Have you read Death Note? Light WAS in a life or death situation, MULTIPLE times, and not once did he ever choose to get the Shinigami eyes. The entire arc against Light was a life or death battle: if Light was proven to be Kira, he would have unequivocally been sentenced to death row in prison, if not outright having been executed. He thinks too highly of himself, so he wouldn't go down that route. He would think he can win even without the Shinigami eyes, which is in-character, because that is literally what he does during the whole series.

2. Dodging is less about intelligence and far more about speed and abilities. I have no idea why you are suggesting Light Yagami can dodge an arrow at point blank distance.

Code:
and if senku did not have this much prep time, maybe less than 30 minutes, total, light can just get shinigami eyes and look at senku and kill him like that, Unless senku is capable of making something for battle in less than 30 minutes, like imagine when they were trying to make a slingshot and uses rock ammunition and not kill but knock the pen or death note out of lights hand
1. Senku CAN make something in less than 30 minutes.

2. You're derailing. This thread doesn't have 30 minutes preparations as its battle conditions, it has 2 hours. Don't bring up stuff that isn't in the rules as a rule. I mean, if that's the game you want to play, then I might as well bring an admin here and have them argue with you. You wouldn't like that, would you? Then don't do that. If you REALLY want to talk about what would happen if the prep time was only 30 minutes, then just add it to the battle conditions instead of derailing.

3. Having only 30 minutes is as much a disadvantage to Light as it is to Senku.

4. For the third time, he wouldn't get the Shinigami eyes. It's 100% out of character, and the conditions here are even more favorable for Light than the entirety of the Death Note plot. If he didn't get Shinigami eyes during said plot, then he is extremely unlikely to get them even here, especially because he would see this as a battle of pride. This is especially true, because Senku's ideologies are very similar to L's with regards to justice. The entire first two arcs of the series where about Senku's justice vs Tsukasa's justice, after all.

5. Even if he does get the Shinigami eyes, which once again, is out of character, Light still needs Senku's face. If the thing that Senku is preparing is a ranged weapon, then Senku could just snipe Light, especially because this is an empty Japan. If Senku chooses to prepare for close-quarter-combat instead, then he will cover his face. Even a person with slightly above average intelligence would know better than to try to enter close-quarter-combat with no mask or helmet, unless they were extremely skilled at it, which Senku is not. Senku has been known to wear face armor and chest armor in previous incidents in his plot when he really needed to. And as long as Senku wears some armor or makes a weapon, Light will be at a disadvantage. Light would need to remove the helmet or mask - which is possible, by the way, just not the most likely.

But light Would in fact use the shinigami eyes if someone were to after and kill him.

No, he wouldn't. I'm telling you this because Light has been in ever worse situations, and he still didn't in those situations.

Who would tell their name when your fighting,

Have you read Death Note? Do you know who the main antagonist of Death Note is? The antagonist of Death Note is L, a detective that literally no one other than Watari has ever seen, let alone know his real name. This antagonist had enough sociopolitical power to persuade the Japanese Task Force to cooperate with him and pursue Light. This antagonist managed to figure out where Kira lives with a single move. Even when L revealed himself to Light, he did it by a fake name. Light could have chosen to get the Shinigami eyes right after doing this and killed him without the Japanese Task Force having the sufficient evidence to charge Light for it. Did Light get the Shinigami eyes in spite of ALL of this? No, he did not. IN FACT, Light himself did not actually kill L, he had the female Shinigami whose name I forgot do it, by putting her in a situation where either she does it and dies, or Misa dies. But this was risky gamble, as a matter of fact, and it he did this while being a part of the task force that was searching for Kira in the first place. And the plot did a pretty good job at indicating from context clues and foreshadowing that, if the other members had been as smart as L, they would have realized rather quickly that Light was the culprit. In spite of all this risk, Light STILL did not get the Shinigami eyes. His opponent was far more cunning than Senku, since, believe it or not, finding out Senku's name is actually easier than figuring out L's name, and Senku doesn't have a whole task force behind him. Do you think Light would get the eyes in such petty circumstances? No, he wouldn't.

And besides, L never actually told Light Yagami his real name. This didn't convince Light to get the eyes. So your argument is extremely unconvincing, and it holds no weight whatsoever.

Light without shini eyes is a stomp because dependable on what senku makes in 2 hours (which he can some pretty advanced things, like i mentioned A BOW or even slingshot)

No, it isn't a stomp. Light has 2 winning conditions. 1. Use the Death Note successfully (which is possible, just very difficult, since he would need to see Senku's face, which would probably be covered with a mask, assuming Senku doesn't simply try to snipe him, and he also needs to find Senku's name, which is possible WITHOUT the Shinigami eyes, and this is a challenge Light would absolutely accept because HE ALREADY DID AGAINST L), and 2. Instead of using the Death Note, just throw hands like he did that one time with L. Light can definitely do this, it is possible, but also very difficult, because although he is more athletic than Senku, Senku can make weapons and armor and wear it, and this is assuming Senku does not try to snipe him or anything of the sort. So, no, it in fact isn't a stomp, Light can win without the Shinigami eyes in more than one way.

and no shit, if he was put in a fight (in which case this would be a fight to the death because they have no other way else to win unless somehow by incap) he WOULD get the shinigami eyes

For the fourth time : no, he wouldn't. I don't need to repeat my reasoning, I already made it clear enough. Look, it's a syllogism.

Light is prideful & This battle involves pride (because it's the battle of who has the wrinkliest brain) ==> Light won't give in to the Shinigami eyes

L was a tougher opponent than Senku & He didn't use the eyes against L ==> He won't get the eyes to use against Senku

I'm citing stuff that is explicitly stated in his VS Battle wiki profile, in his weaknesses, as well as stuff that happened in the Death Note manga (and anime, to a lesser extent).

Also, I want to note that if this battle is happening in Jungle Japan - which is not the same as empty Japan, mind you - then Light is at a bigger disadvantage. Senku is more used to the jungle than Light is.

Also, why are you trying to argue that Light would win? You're not allowed to vote in your own thread. You are allowed to correct people and present facts, but you can't outright just say Light is more likely to win, especially when you're trying to make the battle conditions such that Light has an explicit advantage, and especially when you do that in the form of derailing. That is borderline turning this into a spite thread, which is against the rules of the forum.

I'm all for you just adding 30 minutes prep time and battlefield jungle Japan instead of just empty Japan and instead of 2 hours of prep time. I still conclude that Senku wins, because Light's winning conditions are much harder to achieve, despite the fact that the Death Note is a better weapon than anything Senku can make. It's not a stomp, because Light DOES have at least two winning conditions WITHOUT the Shinigami eyes. And even he does use the Shinigami eyes, which I've already demonstrated is super out of character for Light, Senku still has the overall advantage due to his sheer versatility, and the fact that he is more used to this type of environment, not to mention that he can create things on the spot more flexibly than Light can.

Back