• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for the 1st stronger High 7-A spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I just remembered a situation where he doesn't require eye contact. In the final book of the Dark Tower series, Roland comes across a creature named Dandelo who is described as an old man. Dandelo is heavily implied to be an avatar of It. He starts telling jokes until Roland is at the point where he's laughing hysterically to the point where he' near the verge of dying, if I recall correctly. And Roland is usually a dead serious person. It takes Stepehen King himself sending a note through another character to get the heroes out of the situation and find out Dandelo's nature (the note sent by King literally says "Here comes the deus ex machina!") It even briefly turns into a giant cockroach and then a clown as it dies.

So yeah, he can do it through sound too.

So far what I'm seeing is Pennywise is unable to affect AoC since it has no eyes. The only counter argument given is that Pennywise should be able to affect because it has consciousness which makes 0 sense to assume since that would be akin to type 3 madness manipulation instead of type 2. If Pennywise doesn't have feats of driving people insane without making direct eye contact then I don't see why it would work at all against AoC. The case with pennywise being able to affect people just via their consciousness also needs to be proven but like I said that is akin to type 3 not type 2.

Aoc has like no organic anatomy since its made from curses so this in it of it self should be enough to negate Pennhwise's hax. AoC has no ears in the first and never did, like it has literally never heard anything or seen anything so that also won't work.

I don't see what pennywise can even do here tbh. AoC can just curse Pennywise or bfr him to a non-existent multiverse.

No it ain't. Type 3 is due to the nature of a character with the very act of looking at or trying to perceive them enough to drive people mad. Pennywise requires eye contact which means i could look at him without making eye contact and be perfectly fine, it's when he makes eye contact with the victim that they go mad. Even if that was somehow type 3 I still don't know how if would affect AoC which has no organic anatomy since its made from curses.

No it ain't. Type 3 is due to the nature of a character with the very act of looking at or trying to perceive them enough to drive people mad. Pennywise requires eye contact which means i could look at him without making eye contact and be perfectly fine, it's when he makes eye contact with the victim that they go mad. Even if that was somehow type 3 I still don't know how if would affect AoC which has no organic anatomy since its made from curses.
Pennywise is type 3, the deadlights shows Pennywise true form, making ppl go insane, it is stated in the profile

I'm just saying that explanation for type 3 madness manipulation is a bit weak. In anycase Pennywise still can't affect AoC while AoC can curse pennhwise which are type 2 nep in nature or bfr him to a non-exstient timeline

I'm just saying that explanation for type 3 madness manipulation is a bit weak
No, you wasnt saying that the explanation is weak, u was saying that it wasnt type 3, and no, the explanation its not '' a bit weak''.

Cognition: Those who possess this type drive others insane as a side-effect of the nature of their being, with the very act of looking at or attempting to perceive them being enough to send victims into a state of madness or terror. More extreme forms are capable of outright killing those who suffer from their effects.

and this is exactly what the deadlights does, it shows pennywise true form, making people goes insane

I guess but having to make eye contact to do that sounds like it should be type 2 since type 3 doesn't require doing anything.

I'm just saying that explanation for type 3 madness manipulation is a bit weak. In anycase Pennywise still can't affect AoC while AoC can curse pennhwise which are type 2 nep in nature or bfr him to a non-exstient timeline
Actually, I just remembered a situation where he doesn't require eye contact. In the final book of the Dark Tower series, Roland comes across a creature named Dandelo who is described as an old man. Dandelo is heavily implied to be an avatar of It. He starts telling jokes until Roland is at the point where he's laughing hysterically to the point where he' near the verge of dying, if I recall correctly. And Roland is usually a dead serious person. It takes Stepehen King himself sending a note through another character to get the heroes out of the situation and find out Dandelo's nature (the note sent by King literally says "Here comes the deus ex machina!") It even briefly turns into a giant cockroach and then a clown as it dies.

I guess but having to make eye contact to do that sounds like it should be type 2 since type 3 doesn't require doing anything.
These are different things, if it was Eye Contant making people goes insane it would be type 2, but the ''eye thing'' is due seeing the deadlight, that shows pennywise true form, it is different from pennywise making people crazy due eye contact, it is just the true form being shown to people, so, he is ''doing nothing'', its just his true form being shown, so, yeah, thats the reason that it is rated as type 3 instead of 2

Send scans for Dandelo being an avatar of IT. AoC literally has no ears, AoC doesn't even have organic anatomy since its made from curses so pennywise won't be able to affect AoC.

What is his Madness hax even do anyway? Driving AoC into madness?

Because last time I check, AoC is already mad enough trying to destroy Multiverse.

Send scans for Dandelo being an avatar of IT. AoC literally has no ears, AoC doesn't even have organic anatomy since its made from curses so pennywise won't be able to affect AoC.
As long as AOC have senses, and she can hear things as if she had, which is the case here, she would still be affected.
ReplyReport •••

Anyways voting AoC since Pennywise can't affect AoC since no has proven that he can also cuz AoC is made out of curses so. AoC on the other hand can curse pennywise with curses that are type 2 nep or bfr pennywise to a non-exstient timeline.

again,can pennywise summon avatar in this key?if he can’t then AoC stomps due to the reason I said in another thread

As long as AOC have senses, and she can hear things as if she had, which is the case here, she would still be affected.
ReplyReport •••
So far you've gone in a circle. AoC has no ears so how the hell would she hear anything? Aoc has no eyes so how the bell would she see anything? Having senses requires certain features which AoC doesn't have here. Furthermore no one has proven Pennywise can affect type 2 inorganic beings.

So far you've gone in a circle. AoC has no ears so how the hell would she hear anything? Aoc has no eyes so how the bell would she see anything? Having senses requires certain features which AoC doesn't have here. Furthermore no one has proven Pennywise can affect type 2 inorganic beings.
There are beings without ears and eyes, that can hear and see as if they had them anyway.

I'm pretty sure I have told you that all Pennywise's abilities won't work due to lacking of NPI feat and now you suddenly bring this problem again?
Pennywise scales to characters that has BDE, Transduality etc, and he has NPI with Deadlights due it being also being able to control non physical things like souls, its even in the profile, im not even sure why he doesnt have ''NPI'' rated on it

u're saying that a 2-A madness state of being is the same as a 1-A madness state of being? AoC will just become way more insane and kill itself
The potency isn't the problem here. It's the fact that AoC is already in the state of insanity. Whether Penny madness hax makes it more insane or not changes absolutely nothing to AoC.

Oh, and the killing itself part. Nothing in AoC offensive hax can even kill itself, AoC has this broken resurrection that can revive it from EE. AoC will need something like concept destruction to kill itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back