• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banjo & Kazooie return to tier 7, likely upgraded to High 7-A

XitSign

He/Him
With the drop of Banjo & Kazooie's DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I think it's time we bring back the Tier 7 rank for our favorite bear and bird. We've all had fun playing as them in Smash, but it's time to get serious about their profiles again. We don't even need the Spiral Mountain statement anymore, so we can avoid that argument about Spiral Mountain's size and a busting calc for it.

Because Banjo and Kazooie are CLEARLY able to fight and keep up with Kirby.

It's as simple as that, I propose Banjo & Kazooie's profile should return to tier 7, with an 'at least High 7-A' rating for battling Kirby. They should also be upgraded to Massively FTL+, scaling to the other fighters and being able to keep up with the Galeem Boss Battle.

What do you mean 'Read the Crossovers Page'?

Banjo and Kazooie are individually half a Smash character's power just like Ice Climbers, but they'd still be comparable. Also, they're half a Low 2-C character so actually they're way above baseline High 3-A.

Wonder Wing should be Low 2-C, cause it's given me way more trouble than Galeem/Dharkon did.

But in Banjo Tooie, when the duo split up their feats remain intact, and in the GBA game Banjo remains just as powerful despite losing Kazooie entirely.

Doesn't that imply that they're not only equals, but are just as powerful separated as they are together? They're just more versatile when working together.

I was clearly lowballing my original proposal, Banjo and Kazooie should both get keys comparable to their combined power based on Tooie and Grunty's revenge, and the 'base' key should be turned into a 'combined' key...which is Low 2-C

Seems we got ourselves a whoosh

It's all fun and games until they unlock the real power of the stop'n'swop (not just damn vehicles) eggs to defeat Gruntilda with L.O.Gs powers in Banjo-Threeie...which is going to happen...someday... BUT IT WILL.

Your optimism is even better than mine, and I'm wanking BK like no tomorrow here.

I really do hope this DLC gets some light back on the franchise. The rumor of a remaster for modern consoles, or at least just Xbox and Switch, does sound nice...but a new platforming collect-a-thon would be so nice to see.

It will happen my friend, have hope. A few years ago just the idea of Banjo being relevant again was treated as a joke by many people, and look where we are now.

For what it's worth, just having them on the Smash roster has made me so incredibly happy.

If this is the Bear and Bird's last major hurrah, I'm glad it's finally getting into Smash Bros.

...Buuuuut if you're right and they do revive the franchise I won't complain for a second.

Roy promoted Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. Corrin promoted Fire Emblem Fates. Hero promoted Dragon Quest XI S. Isabelle promoted Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

If so much as a remaster comes to the Switch, it'll definitely be worth it. Not saying them being in Smash isn't much of a welcome back, but Banjo and Kazooie can't return home without a proper reintroduction to Nintendo, and a box and a foul-tasting cartridge that reads "Nintendo SWITCH Banjo-Threeie Everyone ESRB RAREWARE". And Microsoft are no strangers to the Switch.

Back