• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
So Banjo & Kazooie got into Smash. What a perfect time for a downgrade!

It's a rather "who cares" downgrade though. Basically, the 7-A rating needs to no. Not only is Mountain busting not 7-A like that, but Spiral Mountain is ridiculously small. Unless we get a calc, the 7-A feats should be downgraded to "At least High 8-C" or Unknown.

By that I mean that you don't gain 7-A just by being stated to be able to bust a mountain. You need a calc.

In this case, the verse is 7-A via being stated to be able to bust Spiral Mountain, which is veryyy small.

Tell that to Fate Stay Night

Two wrongs don't make a right and this is incorrect due to the mountains suze, but still.

Mountain level isn't based on any actual calc of destroying a typical mountain, so unless I manage to revise that someday I agree with what Saikou is saying here.

Oh I don't disagree

It's just that the double standards of a mountain busting statement are there.

Honestly a thread on the statement itself should be made to clarify

I was going to bring this up myself at some point, anyway I agree with this, Spiral Mountain is pathetically small by mountain standards.

I feel like a lot of character profiles have faulty ratings due to using justifications like "destroyed X object, is as big as X object, did this to X object" without making sure if the feat's yield would actually fall within the tier associated with the object in question

What needs to happen here is for the size of Spiral Mountain itself getting measured, and then use that measurement to calculate the destructive force of Gruntilda blowing it up.

Who's got a calc group member at the ready?

Starter Pack said:
What needs to happen here is for the size of Spiral Mountain itself getting measured, and then use that measurement to calculate the destructive force of Gruntilda blowing it up.
Who's got a calc group member at the ready?
I think Mr. Bambu had already done a calc for this ages ago.

Huh, guess I won't.

Also, 8-A Banjo-Kazooie really does seem a lot more reasonable.

Just gonna say that I don't think the feat is even legitimate in the first place. Sorry.

Oh

Hey

Someone finally took bloody notice

Yeah nuke that rating it is complete and utter drivel.

I mentioned the calc in my last revision way back, but it wasn't evaluated then. Rating should go completely tho

7-A has no place, yeah.

8-A with vehicles works.

There's no indication afaik that she would destroy the mountain with one attack, but rather that she'd destroy Spiral Mountain over time to make way for Grunty Towers. Furthermore, she can tank Banjo's vehicle weapons perfectly fine on her broomstick.

We have the statement that she would, that's enough with other statements and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work here. And... frankly, that latter part could very well be just the game being "lol logic"

Wasn't Grunty referring to the whole area? Because Spiral Mountain is the name of the place that Banjo lives (which is obviously named after this small mountain) and I think the plot of the game is precisely a dispute to know who would be the new owner of Spiral Mountain. Then again, i don't know if this is legit because i don't know if she was going to destroy everything with one attack in the first place.

In the name of lowballing, no. We'll use the actual mountain.

Is there a statement that she would destroy THE spiral mountain? Because afaik the characters only talk about Spiral Mountain when they are talking about this corner of the country. Here we can see what she was going to do with the place after defeating Banjo, build several Grunty Towers:

Grunty Towers

Another thing, Mr.Bambu. When you made that calc you used the Spiral Mountain from the original Banjo-Kazooie, right? I'm saying this because as you can see in this picture Spiral Mountain from Nuts & Bolts is bigger than the original (Since the game is newer i guess you could use this size if this is legit.)

I did, as I never played the new one (surprise surprise). I only heard of the feat from someone else and decided to fix the misconception of 7-A. If it truly does get magically bigger... somehow... then you can provide me with scaling images like the one I got and I'll redo it.

Also, I don't find the sign to be sufficient proof, since you wouldn't need to destroy the relatively flat ground in the locale in order to build there. The mountain alone would be pretty much your only obstacle.

I was asked to do some calcs for various other feats first. Destroying Spiral Mountain in Banjo Kazooie 1 would be 8-A, was asked to do it for Banjo Tooie and also the KE for the Stompasaurus,

Back