• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Idk how many layers of irony we’re at atm, but just to be clear, this wasn’t supposed to be a jab at anyone, I’m actually curious as to how the Hikone stuff is handled on the wiki.

My current theory is that, during the last speed revision, the non-god tiers never got close to lightspeed in the first place because of the Mach 500 thing, so it never really became an issue. I wasn’t around then, though, so idk 🤷‍♂️
Or,hear me out,you could look at the profiles or even the verse page and see plenty of the god tiers are FTL,to FTL+(Aizen) to MFTL with multipliers(Ichigo).
Oh,you meant the non god tiers(moments like this reminds why i unironically need glasses,things get blurry way to often).

Or,hear me out,you could look at the profiles or even the verse page and see plenty of the god tiers are FTL,to FTL+(Aizen) to MFTL with multipliers(Ichigo).
I’m well aware, but the fact that we have special relativity in the first place is what makes me wonder why they can be faster than light. I’m asking how that was handled, and if it wasn’t properly handled and I gotta wait for speed revisions to see, that’s fine.

Ok y’all let’s not drill arc over this more than is absolutely necessary, lol. There’s a million ways you can scale bleach speed, and whichever one is the most consistent is the one we’ll get.

If cour 3 and 4 come out and confirms infinite speed senjumaru or some shit, then that’ll be taken into account. At the same time, if the Ichigo vs Yhwach fight drops and they’re all warping space with just their speed, then that’ll also be taken into account, and bleach might unironically cap at lightspeed.

I don’t think anyone knows for sure how the speed revisions are going turn out because bleach speed scaling is so extremely volatile that cours 3 and 4 could potentially flip the entire thing on its head, and not even Arc knows exactly what will be added when they come out. We really should just wait.

Wow I didn't know Arc could speak Italian
IMG_20240128_001217.jpg

I have in fact read half of the Bleach series, and Zaraki is per definition far too amoral and bloodthirsty to qualify as a genuinely good character with very high degrees of empathy, conscience, compassion, and moral conduct. Even an average human does not qualify as good, just neutral, and Zaraki's past deeds of thrill-killing slaughter makes him considerably worse than an average human.

Saying "lesser evil" inherently implies that he is both evil and wrong. :rolleyes:

The Soul Society has committed more crimes and more often than Yhwach.

His belief in himself being right and morally correct implies that he is less evil than the Soul Society, which knows it is wrong yet continues to commit the crimes.

Remember that the representation of evilness in the Soul Society's upper class is literally Tokinada, who is the most evil dude in the series so far.

Therefore, asserting that Yhwach is less evil than the Soul Society is a valid interpretation. Considering how Kubo doesn't shy away from depicting the Soul Society's evil actions and provides 'justifications' for main antagonists who oppose it, it's likely that he agrees with this perspective.

You're argument is that Yhwach believes that he's right, and the soul society doesn't therefore Yhwach is less evil, but I just said that all that amounts to is simply Yhwach being more self righteous, as i said.

ngl yhwach is a murderous asshole
And actually, characters like Ulq/Starrk/Harribel/Nelliel in Bleach are more innocent than most Shinigami, in my opinion
And of course Aizen is the most innocent character in the universe

It was one of my points, not my whole argument. but yeah Yhwach's self-righteousness makes him less evil than the Soul Society. Think of it like a soldier believing they are serving a righteous cause and committing atrocities, even if the cause is not truly righteous, being considered less evil than a soldier who knows they're doing something wrong but keeps doing it anyway. Morality and evilness can be measured in various ways, two of which are the action itself and the intent/reason behind it. Yhwach genuinely believed that his goal was the best for humanity. He initially pursued this goal for both self-preservation and empathy/compassion for the living, which he acquired through absorbing the memories of countless people who feared death.

It was one of my points, not my whole argument. but yeah Yhwach's self-righteousness makes him less evil than the Soul Society. Think of it like a soldier believing they are serving a righteous cause and committing atrocities, even if the cause is not truly righteous, being considered less evil than a soldier who knows they're doing something wrong but keeps doing it anyway. Morality and evilness can be measured in various ways, two of which are the action itself and the intent/reason behind it. Yhwach genuinely believed that his goal was the best for humanity. He initially pursued this goal for both self-preservation and empathy/compassion for the living, which he acquired through absorbing the memories of countless people who feared death.
This just doesn't matter when considering the crimes Yhwach commits.

Every genocidal asshole does it self righteous reasons, it doesn't make them better than people who have those same reasons, but are less pretentious about it like Seireitei. Yhwachs motivations aren't convincing reasons as to why he's somehow a lesser evil.

Back